• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mo Salah’s Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
he is like a black hole, the ball goes there and we lose it
his decisions are absolutely abysmal, and he gets off the hook based on previous
our other attackers would be slaughtered if they did the same as he does week in week out
Previous?
He’s on track for his 2nd best goal return since arriving.

Previous me hole.
He’s been our best outfield player this season by a country mile.

Reactions: mom
@King Binny any stats on loss of possession for Mo? So that we can move on in this thread ;)

No, because one way he loses possession is to get tackled, another way is to pass to nobody, and the other is to have a shot that everyone knew he was going to take easily blocked.

It's all situational. Every attacking player should lose possession quite a bit. But, regardless of whether he gets the ball after we've been under the cosh for 5, or our midfield is exhausted, or nobody there in support yet, or there's zero cover behind him, he has the same blinkered approach. He wants his goals, and that's good in a striker. For me it's not good enough in the only senior forward though, with new guys around him. Especially when we are shit.

Earlier this season he had an overall negative effect in some games that for dreamy just go into the denominator of his legendary goal return.

And yep, he wasnt great in this one, but I thought everyone looked tired.

Last edited:
Last night isn't really a fair reflection of what he's capable of but he was making all the wrong decisions. Crying for him to use his right peg or find a much easier pass than a stupid wasted shot. I get it, he thinks he can score from those angles and he has in the past, but it's frustrating as fuck seeing someone in a much better space when he's scuffing it wide. The stats don't tell the full picture at all.

No, because one way he loses possession is to get tackled, another way is to pass to nobody, and the other is to have a shot that everyone knew he was going to take easily blocked.

It's all situational. Every attacking player should lose possession quite a bit. But, regardless of whether he gets the ball after we've been under the cosh for 5, or our midfield is exhausted, or nobody there in support yet, or there's zero cover behind him, he has the same blinkered approach. He wants his goals, and that's good in a striker. For me it's not good enough in the only senior forward though, with new guys around him. Especially when we are shit.

Earlier this season he had an overall negative effect in some games that for dreamy just go into the denominator of his legendary goal return.

And yep, he wasnt great in this one, but I thought everyone looked tired.

For someone with a blinkered approach its quite the achievement that only 8 players in the league have more assists than him this season.
As I've said earlier this thread and the topic Mo Salah is so divided and far from being a fair assessment from any side that its probably best not to discuss it anymore.

He, as the rest of the team havent been good this season. He, as the rest of the team have seen an upturn in form, performances and desire in the last few weeks. For the 23/24 season that looks quite promising.

For someone with a blinkered approach its quite the achievement that only 8 players in the league have more assists than him this season.
As I've said earlier this thread and the topic Mo Salah is so divided and far from being a fair assessment from any side that its probably best not to discuss it anymore.

He, as the rest of the team havent been good this season. He, as the rest of the team have seen an upturn in form, performances and desire in the last few weeks. For the 23/24 season that looks quite promising.

Blinkered in terms of the context of the team and game, is what I meant. Not not passing.

For me it's not a question of whether you think he's good or not, it's a question of what his job is. Being a striker on a team that is out of sorts is a different job.

I likewise hope he doesn't have to do that job again.

I don't think he was "superb". He did well running at defenders for the first time in a while, but the final ball or shot was lacking.

Trent, Jones and fab we're probably our best 3

Jones is playing really well, it's been a nice turnaround and he's done it at precisely the right time for him and us, because there's no way we should be looking to go into next season with Hendo as one of the first options. Trent should be first choice, Fabs has turned it around too of late and shown he can still give something. We need to buy a couple of midfielders who are considered to be eventual starters, and BUY A FUCKING RIGHT BACK FOR FUCKS SAKE!

he is like a black hole, the ball goes there and we lose it
his decisions are absolutely abysmal, and he gets off the hook based on previous
our other attackers would be slaughtered if they did the same as he does week in week out

Honestly - if we had 3 strikers banging in 30+ goals a season, I wouldn’t care if their final ball was shit.

What if they scored 10 goals in the first 3 games then went 35 games without a goal including overhitting a simple square pass to win a game in stoppage time that would've clinched the title?

What if they scored 10 goals in the first 3 games then went 35 games without a goal including overhitting a simple square pass to win a game in stoppage time that would've clinched the title?

I'm assuming he means each striker gets 30+ goals, rather than 30+ across the 3

Now if each of them banged in 30 goals each in the first 3 games, then yeah, i'd imagine stevie might change his view

I'm assuming he means each striker gets 30+ goals, rather than 30+ across the 3

But I'm saying if 1 of the 3 did that, would he still not care?

Not that 3 strikers scoring 30+ in any season for any team has ever been done before.

@King Binny any stats on loss of possession for Mo? So that we can move on in this thread ;)

AS's
https://en.as.com/resultados/futbol/inglaterra/2022_2023/ranking/jugadores/perdidas-de-posesion/

21/22; 22/23

Untitled2.jpg
Untitled.jpg

Sofascore's should be more accurate - some missing names in the one from AS (although no. remains the same)
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
“We had a conversation and he wanted to stay the penalty-taker,” Klopp revealed. “I said: ‘OK, you are.’ He didn’t feel great in that moment because the pressure increases with the penalties you miss. He could have given the ball to Fab or Trent, but he smashed them and turned it around. He enjoys these situations.”

I thought Mo would have said from my cold dead hands…

Genuinely thought he was going to squander that chance...he needed a 2nd bite at the cherry which is quite mad, did well to react quickly and get it over the line in the end.

It's an interesting one, which scale do you use to measure that?

Klopp said himself he doesn't read what gets said about him or the club in the papers nor does he check social media so how else does he check for the
noise from outside the club with regards to our players? Hasn't Mo been voted before by the players and managers as the best player in the league?

30 goals in all competitions + 11 assists. Not too shabby for a "finished" player ;)
The question is are those numbers worth 350k a week when it’s done at a top club?

I would say absolutely. Would I love him to be even better? Of course. Does he deserve what he’s on this season? Definitely but those against Mo earlier in the season will continue to look for confirmation bias.

Let's be honest, if PSG offered between £80-100m, how many of us would sell? Before someone asks where I get my value from, I am using Harry Kane as the yard stick here.

30 goals in all competitions + 11 assists. Not too shabby for a "finished" player ;)
Definitely much better but he has been poor for most the season rarely making a difference. We could could point to other issues afflicting team— somebody up thread rightly mentioned the poor quality of the final ball— but we’d not be in this disruption had he been moved consistent this term.

We’ll done him.

Definitely much better but he has been poor for most the season rarely making a difference. We could could point to other issues afflicting team— somebody up thread rightly mentioned the poor quality of the final ball— but we’d not be in this disruption had he been moved consistent this term.

We’ll done him.

Not true is it really.
There’s about 5 other things above anything else that led to this.
You can see the biggest reason being how adding competent midfielder like Jones or Baj to our broken team has restored some kind iof stability to the team.
The Salah not doing his nonsense, even on his worst day…always available, hasseling and pressing. Over 30 goals in 4 out of 7 seasons with us, that will do for me in any season…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom