• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

One last time to enjoy Matip

Definitely up there with our best free transfers.

Hopefully he can have another couple of years playing.

One or the best and under the radar signings Klopp has made. There's nothing new to say about the injuries but it will always need reiterating just now important he was to our best squad and first team in the last fourty years.

I wouldn't hold much hope for the rest of his career, though. He's got early retirement written all over him.

Love Matip me, one of my favourite CB's at the club. Class act on and off the pitch. His outbursts on the pitch were hilarious and when you see other videos/clips of him in training or playing some sort of quiz game with his team mates is when you notice how funny the guy really is.

Gonna be a huge miss as we've seen already this season.

I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t retire. Turns 33 soon.

What a brilliant free signing he has been.

Hopefully we can replace him.

Depends how he recovers, obviously.

Players are a long time retired, and I would guess he'd like to at least try to play on for a bit.

Unlike Kieta who left fans with bad taste... Joel played well when ever he was fit, I am glad he has gone now. Konate for me is in last chance saloon, if he has another injury packed season, its a good bye for me. Mind you if PSG offered £70m now, I'd pay for his Uber Exe to the airport

Its entirely conceivable - from a conspiracy point of view - that Klopp is only leaving because he was overruled and Matip isn't being handed a new contract. Goodbye Joel Matip - you fucking ledge.

Good luck Joel, cracking signing, one of the best free transfers we've had and Klopp was right, at his best Matip was World Class.

He'd comfortably be out best freebie if it wasn't for milner. An excellent servant & professional memelord

I'd tend to make a case for McAllister and Babbel too in terms of quality, but yeah, for overall contribution over time it's Milner and Matip.
Markus would’ve been amazing had he not caught the bad aids. Looking back, we had no right getting him at that time.

Back
Top Bottom