• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other forum meltdown watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-0

[article]What's the bet that when we play them this shit Palace side turn into prime Atletico Madrid?
[/article]

[article]Anybody still watching the Scousers must me a masochist.
[/article]

[article]fuck it i'm going back to supporting chelsea
[/article]
[article]
Alcohol will have to be my new escape as football is letting me down. Thank god I can blame it on Christmas.[/article]

5-0

[article]6 shots on target to get 5 goals. It’d take us 78 shots on target to get 5 goals at the moment
[/article]
[article]If, and it’s a big if, Liverpool retain the title then they’ll go down as the greatest PL side ever IMO.
[/article]
[article]Fucking wank.
I remember when we were doing this to teams.

How the fuck have we managed to regress so much and let these despicable cunts get so good. Our scouting is fucking shit.
[/article]
[article]Well done uncle Woy earnt his cash today .
[/article]
[article]Dippers will get another easy 3 points soon when BFS deems dippers v WBA is unwinnable and writes it off to concentrate on a game he feels he can get points .
[/article]
[article]Palace remind me of the Status Quo song...

Roll Over Lay Down
[/article]
[article]I think a large part in their success is the fact Liverpool have such a consistent and defined first 11. Obviously getting their recruitment right has been key to making this successful.

They’re struggling with injuries at the moment, so this hasn’t been the case so much this season, but 9 out of 10 times, you can name who will be starting for Liverpool and I think this massively aides their consistency in results and performances.

When was the last time we’ve been able to do that with Pep?

I think our squad is filled with far too many £40/50/60m players. This leads to loads of chopping and changing of players and a lack of consistent spine in the team like we have always had since the Mancini days.

Pep and Txiki need to get away from the idea of having 22 top class players - two for every position. We need to trim this squad, have a very defined first 11 filled with the best we can buy, a few quality bench options and then the rest of the squad should be filled with players that are cheaper/happy being back ups (largely from the academy) - not this instance that everyone we buy must be 50m quid.
[/article]

6-0

[article]We got 198 points then crumbled. They got 196 points and will then win the league again. Whilst also getting to 2 Champions League Finals and winning one of them. They have eclipsed our side. 400 Carabao Cups doesn’t swing the balance.

6-0
[/article]
[article]

The only consolation is that those monotonous chanting Palace fans will have had their noses well and truly rubbed in it.

[/article]

7-0

[article]uncle woy laughing on the bench !
[/article]
[article]When Do they stop scoring to not embarrass the other team
[/article]
[article]They need to do a dope test
[/article]
[article]They are ruining football here, totally undermined the integrity of the EPL
[/article]
[article]Teams just don't give us space like they do the dippers I just don't understand it. Mind you they pull teams around like we used to but no longer do. Quick one two's, pace, power, physicality. We move from side to side at a snails pace looking for openings in a box with eleven players there.
[/article]
[article]Henderson scored, this voids all arguments of Palace being a credible football team.
[/article]

Best comment I've read on Redcafe for a long while:
GlasgowCeltic
When so many of their players are overrated or outright shite you wonder why the thought of being second to them is seen as any kind of achievement

Context:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/roberto-firmino-the-most-overrated-player-in-the-prem.454748/page-15
funny that they are trying to compare firmino to martial.

the only similarity is that they both start in 2015/2016

apart from that, firmino trumps martial in almost all aspects.

[xtable=532x103]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=173x@} {/td}
{td=172x@}Firmino{/td}
{td=165x@}Martial{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Goals {/td}
{td=172x@}62{/td}
{td=165x@}52{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Assists{/td}
{td=172x@}38{/td}
{td=165x@}24{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Shooting accuracy{/td}
{td=172x@}43% {/td}
{td=165x@}46%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Big Chances Created {/td}
{td=172x@} 52{/td}
{td=165x@}36 {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Tackles{/td}
{td=172x@}270{/td}
{td=165x@}78 {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Blocked shots{/td}
{td=172x@}129{/td}
{td=165x@}76 {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Interceptions{/td}
{td=172x@}76{/td}
{td=165x@}29{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@} Clearances{/td}
{td=172x@}66{/td}
{td=165x@}58{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

premier league stat only.
https://www.premierleague.com/players/13511/Roberto-Firmino/stats
https://www.premierleague.com/players/11272/Anthony-Martial/stats

martial is clearly playing as a forward, whereas firmino contributed to defensive duties. and he still scored more than that manc.

total goals scored by firmino to date is 84. not bad for a non scoring player.

funny that they are trying to compare firmino to martial.

the only similarity is that they both start in 2015/2016

apart from that, firmino trumps martial in almost all aspects.

[xtable=532x103]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=173x@} {/td}
{td=172x@}Firmino{/td}
{td=165x@}Martial{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Goals {/td}
{td=172x@}62{/td}
{td=165x@}52{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Assists{/td}
{td=172x@}38{/td}
{td=165x@}24{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Shooting accuracy{/td}
{td=172x@}43% {/td}
{td=165x@}46%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Big Chances Created {/td}
{td=172x@} 52{/td}
{td=165x@}36 {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Tackles{/td}
{td=172x@}270{/td}
{td=165x@}78 {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Blocked shots{/td}
{td=172x@}129{/td}
{td=165x@}76 {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@}Interceptions{/td}
{td=172x@}76{/td}
{td=165x@}29{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=173x@} Clearances{/td}
{td=172x@}66{/td}
{td=165x@}58{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

premier league stat only.
https://www.premierleague.com/players/13511/Roberto-Firmino/stats
https://www.premierleague.com/players/11272/Anthony-Martial/stats

martial is clearly playing as a forward, whereas firmino contributed to defensive duties. and he still scored more than that manc.

total goals scored by firmino to date is 84. not bad for a non scoring player.
Yeah I was quite baffled by that. Anyone who knows anything about football has realised that Firmino is not a striker in conventional sense.

I'm glad Everton are standing up for themselves. Every premier League club in the land can field an xi. Is it your strongest? Absolutely not, but you can field it
I think we need to wait to see the reasoning. If there was concerns the whole squad was compromised close to the match and still awaiting further results then it's understandable. Given the new strain and rise sudden rise in cases across the country, organisations will have to alter existing policy.

I think it's inevitable that football will have a break in the next few months. This game is being postponed is just the start.

City should certainly be contributing to any costs incurred by Everton, which will have been substantial. The Police alone are a fortune.

I think we need to wait to see the reasoning. If there was concerns the whole squad was compromised close to the match and still awaiting further results then it's understandable. Given the new strain and rise sudden rise in cases across the country, organisations will have to alter existing policy.

I think it's inevitable that football will have a break in the next few months. This game is being postponed is just the start.

City should certainly be contributing to any costs incurred by Everton, which will have been substantial. The Police alone are a fortune.

If professional footballers cannot follow premier League guidelines, then why should their club be given a reprieve?

Very clearly something has gone wrong from someone at city to let it spread like it has. They were warned at the start of the season that games wouldn't be postponed, and yet the PL Immediately backs down with the villa Newcastle game the other month.

The games heading for another few months off. Can see it

Nobody can know for sure, that risk is already accepted by the clubs and mitigated by their protocols. Either the protocols are no longer fit for purpose in which case the league is suspended, or city failed to follow it in which case they should lose the points, compensate the broadcasters, and pay a massive fine.

I think they are questioning how many tested positive and negative. They must know those positive results are for players who would not have played and city could’ve fielded a side. Otherwise why would they make a fuss.

Nobody can know for sure, that risk is already accepted by the clubs and mitigated by their protocols. Either the protocols are no longer fit for purpose in which case the league is suspended, or city failed to follow it in which case they should lose the points, compensate the broadcasters, and pay a massive fine.
Aren’t NFL teams releasing players/ripping up contracts for those not following their Covid protocols? I suspect for exactly the reasons you highlight (broadcaster payments and likelihood of being able to finish a season being on the line, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom