• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rugby World Cup

Indeed. Good job I don't support them preferentially, or anybody else for that matter, though the Welsh seem to think differently.

Signed God
It looks like you do, God, otherwise we wouldn't have such impoverished nations across the world.

That was some statement. Can we finally get past the quarter final stage at the 8th attempt?

We were awesome. That is as good a Scotland team we have seen in a generation, who have beaten France and pushed them close in the run up to the WC. We humiliated them today. I hate to say it, but I'm starting to believe.

Meanwhile, Wales and England stumble on towards the semis against lesser opposition. This draw continues to be a fucking joke.

Reactions: Raz
Quite. We'll be on a mission against them so I think/hope that'll carry us through, but we could be in dead schtuck then or later if we don't smarten up sharpish.

A very small part of me wants to see England beat the Fijians, just so that we can potentially see 2 all northern hemisphere semi's

Injuries piling up for Ireland.

That was always my concern with the draw.

Ireland top their group and get a team that scored 90 pts against Italy.

France top theirs and get the reigning world champions.

Meanwhile England get a team who just lost to Portugal.

Farcical.

Farcical.

That's the luck of the draw for you's and the Boks ...
I don't think we get by the Froggies ... though I think you'll wallop the All Blacks

The draw was ridiculous, but I'm not sure you can blame Irelands injuries on that....

Most sides have had to deal with injuries, a lot of them coming in the games against the lesser sides.

Farcical.
England will lose to Fiji.

Farcical.
That Kwii victory speaks more of the Italian team than the All Black's.

I've got to be honest, I think they need to look at the format for future WCs. Firstly, the draw is a bit mad, there's good teams going out too early and poor teams getting an easy ride. Secondly, it doesn't feel like a tournament. I know you can't play a game of rugby every 3 days but this just feels like an extended set of Autumn Internationals and not a World Cup.

England and Fiji, Wales and Argies for semi final berths? The seeding needs looking at.

They should start a 6 Nations group 2, promotion and relegation. Portugal look to have more about them than Italy have shown in 20 years.

I don't know what it is about England that makes them so boring. Barring a couple of exceptional seasons, they've been hard on the eye for 40+ years. Tuilagi is never an outside centre, Farrell is a killer of a footballer, the wingers are non-entities. I would play Steward, Arundell, Marchant, Lawrence, Malins, Ford, Care as backs and have done with it.

Hopefully Ireland can overcome the ABs and get on with it, I think they deserve it.

I don't think we get by the Froggies ... though I think you'll wallop the All Blacks

Your game depends on Dupont IMO. I honestly do think he's that important to France. Without him I think you might shade it.

I also fancy Ireland to get by NZ but "wallop" might be pushing it. Few if any teams do that to even an average Blacks side.

England will lose to Fiji.

If Borthwick insists on trying to shoehorn Ford and Farrell into the same side we well might. If he plays one of them (preferably Ford for me) at 10 and puts Marchant back in the centre alongside Tuilagi, I reckon we win that one.

They should start a 6 Nations group 2, promotion and relegation. Portugal look to have more about them than Italy have shown in 20 years.
I was reading an article about Romanian rugby, they're struggling for cash and generally getting games. You'd think the authorities would organise some sort of effort, perhaps with Portugal, Romania and Georgia? Or help inject money into the smaller countries. Having said that I've no idea if they're not doing any of these things.

I've got to be honest, I think they need to look at the format for future WCs. Firstly, the draw is a bit mad, there's good teams going out too early and poor teams getting an easy ride. Secondly, it doesn't feel like a tournament. I know you can't play a game of rugby every 3 days but this just feels like an extended set of Autumn Internationals and not a World Cup.

England and Fiji, Wales and Argies for semi final berths? The seeding needs looking at.

I don't know what it is about England that makes them so boring. Barring a couple of exceptional seasons, they've been hard on the eye for 40+ years. Tuilagi is never an outside centre, Farrell is a killer of a footballer, the wingers are non-entities. I would play Steward, Arundell, Marchant, Lawrence, Malins, Ford, Care as backs and have done with it.

Hopefully Ireland can overcome the ABs and get on with it, I think they deserve it.

Not a lot to disagree with, the draw needs to be done closer to the tournament.

I wholeheartedly agree with 6 nations promotion, relegation. Bottom place team should be forced to play a autumn series against the likes of Georgia, Portugal and Romania - i.e. the top 3 seeded sides outside of the 6 nations - knockout Rugby or a mini 4 nations format. Rinse and repeat.

That’s the point though, it isn’t the luck of the draw. Just stupid timing to do it so far out.
French will be a huge test.
I would love us to wallop them ha.

The draw was ridiculous, but I'm not sure you can blame Irelands injuries on that....

Most sides have had to deal with injuries, a lot of them coming in the games against the lesser sides.
Ours have come against the bigger sides and it stands to reason that with tougher games the amount of energy expelled and the chance of injuries increases. I always thought the draw would be our biggest issue.

Ours have come against the bigger sides and it stands to reason that with tougher games the amount of energy expelled and the chance of injuries increases. I always thought the draw would be our biggest issue.

Just seen that you have named an unchanged side for the QF!

One of your injuries against the Scots, was due to a finger in the eye.......By a teammate!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom