• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Salah’s future

Would you sell Salah next season?

• Total voters
It’s a strange one - on one hand someone looking at our performance in the last 2 months will say Diaz is the last player that should be sold, he was an absolute warrior and stepped up where others failed. I also have a sense that perhaps next season (in his new team, probably) he might look even better for a while and even go on a scoring run - there are signs that his prolonged post-injury dip in form is close to ending and he increasingly looks sharper and faster.

But all that said, there is something about Diaz that makes it hard to see how he can fit into a conherent attack for a possession-based team. He just doesn’t develop relationships with other attackers, you get a sense he’s playing with the ball, not his teammates. His passing is atrocious and his crossing non-existent - for all of his hard work and trickery on the wing he barely creates any chances for his teammates. With him and Nunez in our starting front 3, we were never going to have a coherent attack that’s more than the sum of its parts. I think Slot will want more malleable and consistent attackers in his team and less chaos donkeys.

Last edited:
It’s a strange one - on one hand someone looking at our performance in the last 2 months will say Diaz is the last player that should be sold, he was an absolute warrior and stepped up where others failed. I also have a sense that perhaps next season (in his new team, probably) he might look even better for a while and even go on a scoring run - there are signs that his prolonged post-injury dip in form is close to ending and he increasingly looks sharper and faster.

But all that said, there is something about Diaz that makes it hard to see how he can fit into a conherent attack for a possession-based team. He just doesn’t develop relationships with other attackers, you get a sense he’s playing with the ball, not his teammates. With him and Nunez in our starting front 3, we were never going to have a coherent attack that’s more than the sum of its parts. I think Slot will want more malleable and consistent attackers in his team and less chaos donkeys.
the cunts a Colombian Baros.

the closest we've had to a cohesive attack was a fleeting month or 2 with gakpo as a false 9.

You say that like 31 is young for a forward who has traditionally used pace as his most significant threat.

Salah’s game is about more then pace.
Slot could have an idea about Salah as a 10 in the 4-2-3-1 for all that we know.

So it increasingly looks like Diaz will be the one attacker we sell this summer. And maybe Nunez will shift to the left if a new #9 comes in.

Happy with that?

Not sure about that given how Slot wants to get his wingers out wide and be direct with pace and attack.
That suits Diaz to a tee.

I have a feeling we could see Szobo out wide right, and maybe Salah in a 10 role or something.

Summerville seem to be a winger type that Slutty would love.

Not sure about that given how Slot wants to get his wingers out wide and be direct with pace and attack.
That suits Diaz to a tee.

I have a feeling we could see Szobo out wide right, and maybe Salah in a 10 role or something.

Summerville seem to be a winger type that Slutty would love.

Really don't want to see salah in that 8/10 role slot currently plays with. Can't imagine he'll tear up his own tactics for new setup. we'll see though

I'd suck the dick of every SCM member for a Musiala.

Then after seeing him hold the red shirt, maybe throw a cheeky rimjob.

He’s not invaluable. In the same way Gerrard, Milner, Torres, Rush, Owen or Suarez weren’t.
wtf are you talking about? Gerrard was, Rush was. Milner wasn’t a pro not one the biggest stars in the world. Owen and Torres and Suarez jumped ship and none were anywhere as success as Salah here.

wtf are you talking about? Gerrard was, Rush was. Milner wasn’t a pro not one the biggest stars in the world. Owen and Torres and Suarez jumped ship and none were anywhere as success as Salah here.
Gerrard wasn't invaluable. We were just shite. there were countless games where he ghosted. There's no point in keeping a star until their usefulness and value is all but gone. You sell when performance levels drop or when they become unhappy with their minutes. The most successful teams have always pulled the trigger on their star player, just before their shine starts to dim

The problem isn't that we need to sell mo to buy decent players; it's that we've been fucking awful at succession planning for the entirety of klopps tenure

Listen to Elliott talk about Salah this season and tell me Salah isn’t invaluable.
ok? Player praises star player? Whats he gonna say "oh he's shite"

If elliott was a world beater already i'd give more credit to his opinion

Which Momo has been screaming about since 2019.
The only way that we got some succession when it was forced upon Klopp. We have to remember this is probably the first club he has been at where he has managed to hold onto what he perceives as his best players, and therefore probably has no experience of moving them on. Hence the longer Henderson contracts, not wanting to let go of Gini etc. He probably wanted to keep all those players that gave us like 10 games a season. Probably now if you asked Klopp if Thiago deserved a 2 year extension he would say 'Yes'

I believe it was under Edwards watch that we developed the habit/tactic/strategy of allowing players to run down their contracts & leave on a free (Can, Wijnaldum); prior to that I don't think it had happened to any player with value since McMoneyman; so I wouldn't be surprised, if he doesn't sign an extension, to see him stay for next season & then leave.

That said I'm jumping in the DreamBoat and want him to play for us until his mid-late thirties

I don’t think Salah in the 10 works, to be honest. You need someone like Musiala for that role.

Not sure, but it comes to how Slutty wants to set us up. Salah probably isnt that lightning energetic winger that constantly is set up in a 1 vs 1 that Arne likes.

Just a thought. Musiala will end up at City, no doubt.

Not sure, but it comes to how Slutty wants to set us up. Salah probably isnt that lightning energetic winger that constantly is set up in a 1 vs 1 that Arne likes.

Just a thought. Musiala will end up at City, no doubt.
Why would he want to play in the 2nd division? :)

Not an 8.
Seems slot plays similar to us with 2 AM and 2 wingers. Either he changes his setup (possible, but i think unlikely), or salah plays deeper/exactly the same position in a similar way.

Can't see diaz or nunez being ousted from the Left side of "all energy all the time", so it'll be mo on the right in the mor econservative RW role. Might work. He might hate it though

Seems slot plays similar to us with 2 AM and 2 wingers. Either he changes his setup (possible, but i think unlikely), or salah plays deeper/exactly the same position in a similar way

Slutty seems to set up his wingers high and wide. Constantly in av1 vs 1 situation. I dont think that will be the best use of Salah, imho.
But who knows. We might end up selling him for 150 mill for all that we know.

Slutty seems to set up his wingers high and wide. Constantly in av1 vs 1 situation. I dont think that will be the best use of Salah, imho.
But who knows. We might end up selling him for 150 mill for all that we know.
Agreed.

The only way that we got some succession when it was forced upon Klopp. We have to remember this is probably the first club he has been at where he has managed to hold onto what he perceives as his best players, and therefore probably has no experience of moving them on. Hence the longer Henderson contracts, not wanting to let go of Gini etc. He probably wanted to keep all those players that gave us like 10 games a season. Probably now if you asked Klopp if Thiago deserved a 2 year extension he would say 'Yes'
He was too loyal for his own good. You need to be ruthless to stay at the top.

Back
Top Bottom