• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Should we sign Bendtner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even if he was free.
Hes fucking garbage.

I agree because these things are never 'free' - if we take him then we pay him and at £40,000 per week, thats £2mln for the season. That money could be better off used to attract a top notch player i.e. if he is on £80k per week, top it up to £90k and dont lose out to another club on wages.

Shhhh....Kris needs some support
Should've thought of that before putting me in the spotlight with this thread big man.... but yeah you are right, SUPPORT KRIS!!!

Where do I sign?

Moneyball question:

Would you go for Bendtner on the cheap for say £5M?

I know some of you probably loathe him too much to actually make a rational judgement but wouldn't it make sense in a moneyball kind of way?

I mean he's still quite young, has proven himself in the Prem and at Int. level and is arguably a better forward on the ground, despite his stature, than say Carroll. Would he be a decent back-up?

Serious question guys so be gentle with me eh.... :)
Massive LOL!

Latest rumors from Germany is that he could go on a free so Arsenal could get rid of his £50,000/week wages. He'd probably be prepared to at least half his salary too.

Latest rumors from Germany is that he could go on a free so Arsenal could get rid of his £50,000/week wages. He'd probably be prepared to at least half his salary too.

He wasnt happy at the arse on the bench, so why would he be happy here on the bench and on less money.

Complelte non startrer.

I'd sign him on a free - and then sell him to Brondy for his wages + 1 million in the summer ... 1 million profit = good.

A 22-year-old Bendtner would've demanded a fee resembling to whatever we paid for Downing, Henderson etc. whereas a 25-year-old Bendtner after having endured his worst Season ever would cost no more than half of that, tops.

I get what you're saying, the only way is up but his trajectory has been downwards for quite a while, is that likely to change?

I thought he was a moody guy too? Wouldn't fancy signing him at all.

For me Bendtner is an average player. And I believe average players have a three year window usually in their late twenties where they peak.

So I wouldn't totally dismiss the idea.

Barmby is a prime example of this...

Except his peak lasted about two years... luckily we signed him...

Are you fucking joking? Hate the twat. As a footballer he's abysmal, as a man he's a complete tool. (that's a no from me by the way, just so we're clear)

It's funny. My wife used to rib me all the time when he played for Arsenal because whenever his face appeared I would go apoplectic. I really can't think of many players I've disliked so much in my life.

Does he look like you in any way? Maybe you're pissed because he gives you a bad name because you're actually good at footy and humble?

If we're talking about having a different outlet as striking option, then isn't Ngoo a more viable choice (as what many have suggested previously in other threads)? Young, hungry, determined to prove himself, returning on the back of a considerably satisfactory loan spell, on lower wages and (I would think) a more willing substitute/bench warmer.

If we're talking about having a different outlet as striking option, then isn't Ngoo a more viable choice (as what many have suggested previously in other threads)? Young, hungry, determined to prove himself, returning on the back of a considerably satisfactory loan spell, on lower wages and (I would think) a more willing substitute/bench warmer.
Don't get me wrong I have great faith in Ngoo, ever since watching him for the first time a few years back he has looked very promising, albeit awkward. Awkward can be good however.

Having said that I am not sure he is yet of the acquired standard if we indeed are to battle it our for the title but I could be wrong of course. Not saying Bendtner is the missing piece at all, but I believe we could do with a goalscorer with a big physical presence. Reckon Rodgers believes this as well, but we'll see.

Don't get me wrong I have great faith in Ngoo, ever since watching him for the first time a few years back he has looked very promising, albeit awkward. Awkward can be good however.

Having said that I am not sure he is yet of the acquired standard if we indeed are to battle it our for the title but I could be wrong of course. Not saying Bendtner is the missing piece at all, but I believe we could do with a goalscorer with a big physical presence. Reckon Rodgers believes this as well, but we'll see.

I'm not sure he wants one any bigger than Sturridge. Otherwise, wouldn't we have kept Carroll?

Toure and Bendtner.
Fuck me.
Why dont we just sign Bramble and Heskey and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom