• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Should we sign Bendtner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, let's sign a less than average player, pay him a decent wage while he scores one in five and then sell him for a loss.

His price would be low because:

a) he's shit
b) he's a twat, and
c) he's really shit

So no, I wouldn't sign Bendtner, unless perhaps I was manager of Stoke or Sunderland, or any other team with a limited budget and a scant regard for scoring goals.

Ok Kris, it was a very very close secret ballot, but by a vote of all SCM members, 1 out of the 1,390 members voted to sign Bendtner. Not going to happen mate. Sorry.

I am glad we got that sorted. Can the mod that started this thread then close it again, please?

Cheers.

Mate ... Martin O'Neill no longer manages any football team.
Pardon me but I don't care if that article was printed in the year of 1977.

Malcom MacAskill* knows his stuff, probably bestest mates with Rodgers and all.

*MacAskill is not even a real name is it?

Yes. It's Scottish, and a darn sight more real than Corner Cornelius. ;)
Haha I actually thought it was genuine enough, couldn't help thinking it was scam though.

I mean a football journo called A Skill writing an article about how much Rodgers rates Bendtner.

Smelled fishy.

Bendtner is not anywhere near the level of player that we should be looking to acquire following on from Coutinho. I cant see anything that he'd add. The only place he's good enough is in his own world. This thread is the equivalent of me starting a thread about signing Kevin Doyle, two shit seasons, linked with Chelsea before that and we'd get him for cheap. Only thing is that he's also nowhere near good enough. Hungry players is what we need.

Why would we sign Bendtner? He's shit, and we don't want shit players. We want good players, and we already have some and aim to sign some more. It doesn't seem that complicated to me.

Nicklas Bendtner is set to leave Arsenal in the next fortnight after the club accepted five bids for the striker.

The 25-year-old was told two years ago that he could leave Emirates Stadium and spent subsequent campaigns on season-long loans at Sunderland and Juventus.

Bendtner turned down a move to Hamburg in January after claiming they were not big enough for him but Arsenal are understood to have lowered their asking price to around £3million.

Borussia Monchengladbach, Eintracht Frankfurt and Besiktas are among the teams thought to have agreed terms with the Gunners and Bendtner must now decide where he will play next season.

“Arsenal have agreed with five clubs so now it is up to me to make a choice,” he told Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet.

“I will make that choice within the next 14 days. They are all good clubs. It is a hugely important choice I’m faced with. I must go where I am wanted. As a footballer, there is only one thing that can make you happy: playing time.”

Bendtner is keen to revive his career having not played for Arsenal since August 2011. He has scored 43 goals in 157 appearances since joining the club as a youth-team player in 2005.

His time in Italy was little short of a disaster. Having been branded “too fat to play” by Juve’s coaches upon arriving in Turin last September, Bendtner failed to score in 11 appearances as he struggled to impose himself.

Although Bendtner has never lacked confidence in believing he is destined to play at the highest level, he has for the first time indicated his next move may not be to an elite European side.

“Will it be good for me to go to a big club where I risk the bench? No, I’d rather go somewhere where the club is located just below the top where I can play every week,” said the Dane. “I can take a step back to take three forward.”

Bendtner is probably the most deluded player out there. I wouldnt be surprised if sees himself as talented as Messi and Ronaldo.

So, first you create a thread in my name and then you start to mock me about it?

Classy, Ross.

Oh and despite having endured a nightmare of a Season he is still wanted by clubs placed better than us in a league seemingly on par with the Prem.

So why are you so happy about it all?

Oh and despite having endured a nightmare of a Season he is still wanted by clubs placed better than us in a league seemingly on par with the Prem.

But those clubs aren't better than us Kris

That's really desperate Kris, they're not remotely big European Clubs, they're second tier also-rans.

Are you really that keen to big him up that you'd play us down? Give it up, it's great that you champion your own players, but he's just a half decent centre forward who isn't quite good enough to make it as an out and out first teamer at a big club.

I'm not trying to be a cunt btw, but all this Agger/CE/Bendtner stuff is overkill

*Handshakey*.

I only commented because of Ross' glee that the post he created to make me look a fool was being dumped to make me look a fool.

As said, Classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom