• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Shrewsbury (A) - FA CUP - post game

Status
Not open for further replies.

keniget

6CM Addict
Administrator
The result no one wanted but we’ve only got ourselves to blame.

Shit performances all round and not helped by some poor referreeing.

Ah well, they’ll have a chance to make amends.

Well, that was shite. We certainly didnt need a game during the winter break.
Some of these players need an extra game to regain fitness mind..

I don’t mind a replay at all. Play the same team. They couldn’t possibly do as bad a job again.

Said it before the match, I'm fine with a replay. A break is the last thing our players need.

i agree. Those coming back from injury are way way off the pace and they could do with game time. Same again with no first team players. Probably a wake up call some of them needed.

Seems like some of the returning players were rusty. Some of the younger players struggled. A replay isn't the worst thing. Get the rustiness out, get more experience in - in a game which doesn't really matter.

I was very disappointed with most of that team, not hugely impressive from the young players, and the senior members of the squad - Lovren, Matip, Fabinho, Minamino et al - were all shit.

Adrian was the exception and did well.

Can't deny Shrewsbury that display, and a deserved replay, well done them, a great night out for their fans.

Disjointed. Poor defending. Ah well. Send the same 11 to start at Anfield.

Our players look rusty as fuck. I don't mind a replay, some of them look well short of fitness. Probably need it.

Think of how we played against Everton - and think of today.
Today was a shocking performance and I hope the team realizes how if you take any opponent lightly, you're likely to have stinkers like this.

I have no issues with how the kids played - they all put in a shift, and tried. Nice goal by CuJo, though far far far far far far too ponderous on the ball.

My main gripe is with the seniors - they were fucking atrocious.

Matip & Lovren - I know I know, 'first game back,' 'lack of fitness' etc. Fuck that, the passing was shit, their positioning suspect and they just looked uncomfortable. Lovren obviously at fault for the second goal. And before people say 'harsh', think what Joe Gomez and Phillips did together against a far far far better attacking team than the mighty Shrewsbury. That says two things - neither are very good without VvD next to them and Joe Gomez is better than both of them. Last gripe - and it's something Macca has raised many times in the past - why were they dilly dallying on the ball so much when it was 2-0? We just asked for problems.

Fabinho - worst performance I think he's had in a red shirt. Embarrassing.

Origi - garbage.

Minamino - worked hard, but honestly? Garbage, absolute garbage.

The only senior who started who looked decent was Adrian.

We should have lost today. They had better chances and could have easily doubled their goal tally. I hope this is a wake up call to the many players who aren't 1st teamers.

Fair fucks to them.

I see it as another opportunity to let the fringe get a run out and anyone coming back from injury get a chance to sharpen up.

Like Lovern, the goofball.

Really couldn't be too arsed about this match. Until we start to struggle and then, despite best efforts, find myself cursing and the screen and needing an extra pint to get through the last 10 minutes.

I appreciate fab is coming back from injury but this was an appalling performance from someone who played in the champions league final. No leadership

These type of games need a Milner

Too many poor performances across the board. Jones and Williams were decent in the first half, but they was about it. Adrian is the only player who can be relatively happy with himself.

It's another game for the young players at Anfield, though, so I don't see the replay as a downside.

I appreciate fab is coming back from injury but this was an appalling performance from someone who played in the champions league final. No leadership

These type of games need a Milner

He was gash when he came on against United. He needs time and games to get up to the standard required, we've seen that already. Luckily, we don't need him right now, with how Henderson is playing.

I'm more worried about the attacking options we have to rotate the first choice trio

ie none.

They got every first ball, and every second ball. We had Lovren, Fab and Matip, big strong blokes who were bullied out of it every single time in the 2nd half.

What were they expecting? The opponents to watch in awe while they sashay about?

I don’t really understand why Origi keeps getting played on the wing. He’s shit there. He doesn’t have the technique or awareness.

Fabs, Matip and Lovren were just shocking.

Like I said, missed the game but I think some of you are being really harsh in your criticism of the players who just came back after being on the sidelines for almost two months. Takes a while to get back into it for some. On the plus side, we didn't lose and for the next game Milner, Keita and Shaqiri will be able to play. Don't mind it to be honest.

I don’t really understand why Origi keeps getting played on the wing. He’s shit there. He doesn’t have the technique or awareness.

Fabs, Matip and Lovren were just shocking.
Yeah I don't either. Origi is like Klopp's weird project to try and make him work somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom