• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Summer Transfer Window

Don’t worry - you’ll not need to get irate when this doesn’t happen because it was never on the cards in the first place.
I won't be getting irate this year... unlike other widows where I was shouting to get certain areas sorted this year I am kind of calm. Winning the league would be nice but with so much change happening at the club atop 4 finish and acclimatising to a new system is the top target.
I have my wish list but I am expecting a not expecting too many incomings.
I think our squad is top heavy, lets say the club goes for #9, I think we need to lose two FWs to make room for that #9 and in my book (I am assuming Salah signs another contract) it will be Jota and Diaz

He played in central midfield for Feyenoord and excelling in that role. Paired up with Wieffer.
I think its a lazy link in all honesty given the history.

It is and it’s not the progressive part of a double pivot we’re short on.

We absolutely need to sign someone like Weiffer this summer - that and someone who can consistently partner Virgil and is equally boss will define our season next year as much as if our forwards can learn to be clinical again.

Liverpool met with the representatives of Fluminense’s 17-year-old winger Matheus Reis a few weeks back ahead of a potential transfer this summer.
@Jovenesfutmx

We might see some South American gems being signed now with Edwards in charge.

So @bluebell - whats the word on the street ? Who we gonna sign, please give me your list. I have a few requirements:

1) CB left sided
2) Midfielder , defemsively minded and not a talentless destroyer like Ugarte
3) Right wing with experience for Mo backup and Mo resting.

Thanks.

I need to see more photos of yoro, as in that one he looks a dopey fucker, and not in a memeable way like matip

I need to see more photos of yoro, as in that one he looks a dopey fucker, and not in a memeable way like matip
Have to agree, I too am worried about his looks, also his body frame is not intimidating at all. He is just touching on 6ft3 - actually 6ft2.8 - which is small compared to what we used to. He is just lacking that broad Optimus Prime shoulder frame.

Have to agree, I too am worried about his looks, also his body frame is not intimidating at all. He is just touching on 6ft3 - actually 6ft2.8 - which is small compared to what we used to. He is just lacking that broad Optimus Prime shoulder frame.
Height I'm not arsed about.

Fucker needs to be memeable

So @bluebell - whats the word on the street ? Who we gonna sign, please give me your list. I have a few requirements:

1) CB left sided
2) Midfielder , defemsively minded and not a talentless destroyer like Ugarte
3) Right wing with experience for Mo backup and Mo resting.

Thanks.
Its really upto Hughes to sign players and honestly I have no idea of the profile of players he will go for. When he was at Bournemouth, his signings were very unremarkable imho (however, his signings have worked out as the club had their highest ever finish). When Pep L was the Sporting Director, I could name players the press would pick up on later. Its gonna be harder as Slott can say what profile of player or name the specific player he would like and its upto Hughes to get that, equally Hughes can say no.
Me I would like (and this could change)
Sesko, Frimpong, Weiffer, Timbers and Al-Nouri (the new LB, may be)
Sell - Diaz or Jota (or both), Endo, Tsimikas.
I wouldn't get another CB as we have VVD, Gomez, Konate, Quansah and now VdB.
I would not be surprised if we only see 1-2 signings through the door, there's so much to sort out from the kit man to head chef not too mention almost the entire backroom staff. There is alot of work cut out in such a short period, and then you have the European Comps

Its really upto Hughes to sign players and honestly I have no idea of the profile of players he will go for. When he was at Bournemouth, his signings were very unremarkable imho (however, his signings have worked out as the club had their highest ever finish). When Pep L was the Sporting Director, I could name players the press would pick up on later. Its gonna be harder as Slott can say what profile of player or name the specific player he would like and its upto Hughes to get that, equally Hughes can say no.
Me I would like (and this could change)
Sesko, Frimpong, Weiffer, Timbers and Al-Nouri (the new LB, may be)
Sell - Diaz or Jota (or both), Endo, Tsimikas.
I wouldn't get another CB as we have VVD, Gomez, Konate, Quansah and now VdB.
I would not be surprised if we only see 1-2 signings through the door, there's so much to sort out from the kit man to head chef not too mention almost the entire backroom staff. There is alot of work cut out in such a short period, and then you have the European Comps

Aye.. fuck… are you sure you only want 2 midfielders to add to the 47 we already have?

Good job you don’t want to sign any CB’s - I think it’d be a great idea to go in with less CBs than last season, particularly given how highly Dreamie rates our defence.

Aye.. fuck… are you sure you only want 2 midfielders to add to the 47 we already have?

Good job you don’t want to sign any CB’s - I think it’d be a great idea to go in with less CBs than last season, particularly given how highly Dreamie rates our defence.
I am getting rid of two attackers. Considering how often CJ gets injured, I don't really count him, I'd even sell him if the right offer came along. The only reason I did not mention it, as it would upset someone. Grav gets another season, he hasn't really done much so has a lot to do.

I am getting rid of two attackers. Considering how often CJ gets injured, I don't really count him, I'd even sell him if the right offer came along. The only reason I did not mention it, as it would upset someone. Grav gets another season, he hasn't really done much so has a lot to do.

Endo, Mac, Badger, Morton, McConnell, Gravy, CJ, Dom, Harvey, Clark and even without you wanting to buy another RB, you could include Trent in the list and at a push even Gakpo.

That’s 12 for essentially 3 positions.

1 midfielder, I’d give you, and I’d even agree with Weifer because that’s the position we aren’t overstocked at.

FBs were covered for now.

We’re absolutely crying out for a CB that will be able to consistently partner Virgil - it could be Quansah but I’d prefer someone with more experience and as good as Konate is, his constant injury problems mark him down as high quality cover.

There’s your two - CB & DM - replacing Matip & Thiago.

If we can make it work, another forward would be good and I’ve no issue with Sesko.

After that, maybe if we sell by- but it’s more likely to be a keeper or a winger.

Endo, Mac, Badger, Morton, McConnell, Gravy, CJ, Dom, Harvey, Clark and even without you wanting to buy another RB, you could include Trent in the list and at a push even Gakpo.

That’s 12 for essentially 3 positions.

1 midfielder, I’d give you, and I’d even agree with Weifer because that’s the position we aren’t overstocked at.

FBs were covered for now.

We’re absolutely crying out for a CB that will be able to consistently partner Virgil - it could be Quansah but I’d prefer someone with more experience and as good as Konate is, his constant injury problems mark him down as high quality cover.

There’s your two - CB & DM - replacing Matip & Thiago.

If we can make it work, another forward would be good and I’ve no issue with Sesko.

After that, maybe if we sell by- but it’s more likely to be a keeper or a winger.
I just said I would sell Endo. Morton, McConnell and Clarke would go out to loan to a top tier side in the big European leagues. CJ is injured most of the season.
To make room for my 5 outfield players, we're losing Matip, Thiago, Endo, Diaz, Tsimikas and even Jota if a good price comes in.
I'm certainly not here expecting any of those signings to come off, rather I expect it to be a very quiet window.

If were playing Fantasy football then:

Diomande
Rodrygo
Ait Nouri
Tchouameni

Reality:
Couple New Kids on the Block

I just said I would sell Endo. Morton, McConnell and Clarke would go out to loan to a top tier side in the big European leagues. CJ is injured most of the season.
To make room for my 5 outfield players, we're losing Matip, Thiago, Endo, Diaz, Tsimikas and even Jota if a good price comes in.
I'm certainly not here expecting any of those signings to come off, rather I expect it to be a very quiet window.
Why would you sell our second best midfielder by performance and is always fit while keeping some of those sick notes and pretenders who have been hanging around forever. I will surely keep Endo for another season at least to steady the boat. No one is going to pay any good fees for him anyway.

Why would you sell our second best midfielder by performance and is always fit while keeping some of those sick notes and pretenders who have been hanging around forever. I will surely keep Endo for another season at least to steady the boat. No one is going to pay any good fees for him anyway.

Added to that he’s our only experienced DM.

We have an 18yo that can play there and Endo…. It’s crying out for someone in between with the other two sharing the load so that Dreamie doesn’t have to repeatedly remind us we should purposefully lose cup games to avoid Slot “running them into the ground” or something.

Otherwise I’ll have to look forward to the weekly threads about Mac playing as a DM.

So, now that you’ve bought another 2 Midfielders in their mid 20’s - what’s the route into team for the younger players not that we have no midfielders over the age of 25.

Anyway, there’s fuck all chance we’re buying 2 players from Feyenoord - we’ll be lucky to sign 1 and if we are it’s not likely to be Timber because we have loads of players for his position.

Back
Top Bottom