• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Transfer Window

I want us to win the league first and foremost. Ideally in style, but I don't think beggars can be choosers when we've been relatively starved for league success

We do need to be able to defend as a unit just as much, we concede like no one else in the top 4. It's just as much as reason, the amount of times we go behind first is ridiculous.

You mean like the team that's won 4 of the last 5 leagues?

Yes.
Well let's ignore the fact you've gone off on a tangent and are using this seasons stats to illustrate previous seasons.

You've pretty much made my point. The issue isn't the number of goals scored.

Last edited:
We do need to be able to defend as a unit just as much, we concede like no one else in the top 4. It's just as much as reason, the amount of times we go behind first is ridiculous.
This is also misleading / totally wrong (as a quick check of the table would've told you) since we've concede less than anyone bar Arsenal!

One less than City and a full 14 less than the next best.

Though I absolutely agree with your point on conceding the first goal.

Last edited:
Well let's ignore the fact you've gone off on a tangent and are using this seasons stats to illustrate previous seasons.

You've pretty much made my point. The issue isn't the number of goals scored.
Ok, to counter. Yes, I'd happily score less goals if we were at least more consistent with taking the chances.

Any nobhead can create chance after chance of variable (and arguably mostly) poor quality, because any nobhead can miss those chances.

We don't create chances of high enough quality, and the times we do, it's highly erratic finishing. How many times do we test the keeper? We either usually miss, or fire it down their throat.

Usually, Less chances+more consistency in converting= higher league position.

This is also misleading / totally wrong (as a quick check of the table would've told you) since we've concede less than anyone bar Arsenal!

One less than City and a full 14 less than the next best.

Though I absolutely agree with your point on conceding the first goal.
It’s not totally wrong. Our XAG is worse than Arsenal and City, implying we are giving away too chances compared to them. Not checked whether this has increased since Jan but midfield and defense hasn’t looked as solid since Feb. Just based on naked eye, the other 2 look more controlled lately so there are just as much to improve on defensively. Obviously the injuries we have had hasn’t helped to defense but we could also doing better in midfield defensively.

Last edited:
There was a nice period in january where we looked good. No mo, no trent, no szob, and a reliance on kids.
It was dire injury wise, but you could see the team at least working as a unit, rather than piecemeal. Sometimes its hard to see where the linking players in this team.

Hate to say it, we are missing CJ. Dom seems to be missing something.
Here's the positives, CJ, Trent, Ali and Jota are all back as we go into the final stretch with almost no European fixtures

Hate to say it, we are missing CJ. Dom seems to be missing something.
Here's the positives, CJ, Trent, Ali and Jota are all back as we go into the final stretch with almost no European fixtures

I don't think we're missing CJ, as mac has been excellent at LCM. If you want to move macca to RCM to work with jones, fine, but i don't think our issues are coming down to CJ being out

There was a nice period in january where we looked good. No mo, no trent, no szob, and a reliance on kids.
It was dire injury wise, but you could see the team at least working as a unit, rather than piecemeal. Sometimes its hard to see where the linking players in this team.

Jota was carrying us.

Although to be fair, Nunez and Gomez were playing better than they are now

Jota was carrying us.

Although to be fair, Nunez and Gomez were playing better than they are now

Exactly, nunez had form, gomez was imperious, macca was starting to show his flair, jones was bossing games. and jota; sweet lovely jota.

We changed how we played because we had to, and looked better for it.

Fixtures were easier in Jan and Feb, Games weren’t as difficult and we did lose against Arsenal playing poorly. This is the meat end of the season and games are coming thick and fast.
Gomez was better but that was defensively, Nunez definitely needs to pick up, maybe a bit tired.
Not sure we changed how we played, we still had the same formation.
We did have a vary thin bare squad and backs were against the wall, that was never going to be sustainable even if we injured players had come back.

It’s not totally wrong. Our XAG is worse than Arsenal and City, implying we are giving away too chances compared to them. Not checked whether this has increased since Jan but midfield and defense hasn’t looked as solid since Feb. Just based on naked eye, the other 2 look more controlled lately so there are just as much to improve on defensively. Obviously the injuries we have had hasn’t helped to defense but we could also doing better in midfield defensively.
Nope. It's bollocks. Worst defence in the Top 4 (5 since that 4th position is open) despite having conceded 1 less than City, 15 goals less than Spurs and 19 less than Villa?

Naked eye? You need your eyes tested. Actually it's likely negative bias because unlike Liverpool you don't watch every minute of City, Spurs or Villa games so you really can't apply 'naked eye' with any legitimacy.

You can say 'my eyes says we're worse' as often as you like, it's irrelevant because when it comes down to actual goals conceded you haven't got a leg to stand on.

Nope. It's bollocks. Worst defence in the Top 4 (5 since that 4th position is open) despite having conceded 1 less than City, 15 goals less than Spurs and 19 less than Villa?

Naked eye? You need your eyes tested. Actually it's likely negative bias because unlike Liverpool you don't watch every minute of City, Spurs or Villa games so you really can't apply 'naked eye' with any legitimacy.

You can say 'my eyes says we're worse' as often as you like, it's irrelevant because when it comes down to actual goals conceded you haven't got a leg to stand on.
Seriously WTF is wrong with you? You are so aggressive with your replies.
I would take my eyes over yours anytime. Read my last post again, I said Worse XGA in the top 3 in last post. Where did I say we have the worst defense in top 4 anyway, I said "we concede like no on else in the top 4" which yes could be implied as (only if you are totally pedantic) so but we are probably the worst in top 3 defensively. Yes we have conceded less than City but we are over performing our XGA.
Lately I have been watching probably every Arse and City game with the run in so you are wrong again so maybe yes I can apply the naked eye BS you have come out with in your last post. If you think we look more controlled in games since Jan/Feb compared to City and Arse then you need to get down to Spec Savers.
And your point post about irrelevant point, guess what, everything post here is irrelevant. No one else gives a fuck about anything on here apart from a small unfriendly bunch of clique over 40 forum knob heads. So just get on with it but don't pretend anything we write (including your posts) has any relevance ever...

Last edited:
Seriously WTF is wrong with you? You are so aggressive with your replies.
I would take my eyes over yours anytime. Read my last post again, I said Worse XGA in the top 3 in last post. Where did I say we have the worst defense in top 4 anyway, I said "we concede like no on else in the top 4" which yes could be implied as (only if you are totally pedantic) so but we are probably the worst in top 3 defensively. Yes we have conceded less than City but we are over performing our XGA.
Lately I have been watching probably every Arse and City game with the run in so you are wrong again so maybe yes I can apply the naked eye BS you have come out with in your last post. If you think we look more controlled in games since Jan/Feb compared to City and Arse then you need to get down to Spec Savers.
And your point post about irrelevant point, guess what, everything post here is irrelevant. No one else gives a fuck about anything on here apart from a small unfriendly bunch of clique over 40 forum knob heads. So just get on with it but don't pretend anything we write (including your posts) has any relevance ever...

Aggression? Grow a pair! You've been going from battle to battle all over the forum of late if anyone has the temerity to disagree with you, you get very irritated. PMS perhaps. You don't like it when it's mirrored back at you eh. (and it wasn't that aggressive, you poor sensitive soul). I even agreed with one of your comments haha. I know I can be a surly cunt at times but .. clearly that was my mistake haha.

XGA? WTF are you smoking? We're at the end of the season, there won't be any reversion to a zero XGA now. It is what it is and no-one will be claiming "but look at the XGA" when the seasons over.

Pedantic? Well excuse me for taking your comments as written and not as they appeared in your head.
We do need to be able to defend as a unit just as much, we concede like no one else in the top 4.
Hyperbolic n’est pas?

We've currently conceded 2 goals less than City (played one game less) and umpteen less than Spurs and Villa (yes that is you effectively claiming we have the worst defence in the Top 4, seems you're conveniently dropping that from your comments now).

Even if we end up conceding more there won't be much in it. And you can bet your last penny City fans are also berating their defence, which is hardly rock solid (3 against Madrid, 1 against Luton and 2 against Palace in their last 3 games), they've conceded to Burnley, Luton, Palace, Brentford, 3 against Spurs, Bournemouth, United and Everton - which is why we have conceded less to date.

Arsenal have by far the best defence this season due to Saliba, Gabriel and Rice.

Note that I haven't once said that our defence has been great but that it is clearly not as bad as you make it out to be. Despite the odd poor performance over the course of the season (which all teams endure).

Aggression? Grow a pair! You've been going from battle to battle all over the forum of late if anyone has the temerity to disagree with you, you get very irritated. PMS perhaps. You don't like it when it's mirrored back at you eh. (and it wasn't that aggressive, you poor sensitive soul). I even agreed with one of your comments haha. I know I can be a surly cunt at times but .. clearly that was my mistake haha.

XGA? WTF are you smoking? We're at the end of the season, there won't be any reversion to a zero XGA now. It is what it is and no-one will be claiming "but look at the XGA" when the seasons over.

Pedantic? Well excuse me for taking your comments as written and not as they appeared in your head.

Hyperbolic n’est pas?

We've currently conceded 2 goals less than City (played one game less) and umpteen less than Spurs and Villa (yes that is you effectively claiming we have the worst defence in the Top 4, seems you're conveniently dropping that from your comments now).

Even if we end up conceding more there won't be much in it. And you can bet your last penny City fans are also berating their defence, which is hardly rock solid (3 against Madrid, 1 against Luton and 2 against Palace in their last 3 games), they've conceded to Burnley, Luton, Palace, Brentford, 3 against Spurs, Bournemouth, United and Everton - which is why we have conceded less to date.

Arsenal have by far the best defence this season due to Saliba, Gabriel and Rice.

Note that I haven't once said that our defence has been great but that it is clearly not as bad as you make it out to be. Despite the odd poor performance over the course of the season (which all teams endure).
No issues with any disagreements, just like I can disagree with others. It's a bit much of you to suddenly go on about that reading your replies on this forum since ever. This is not your first time.
Aggression? Read back your post compared to mine. Was that a proportional constructive response?
Your behavior has been like this since forever, it's ridiculous you think you can reply such a way and get all defensive when called out for it. Only thing I can agree in your post is your comment about being a cunt, but at times? Not sure about that how about all the time. Reading by some of your posts aimed at others, at least I don't need to take it personally.

Seriously calm yourself and stop being a cunt (your own words and not mine before you start accusing me with further aggression!), what is it with you? Never read such self important bollocks. It’s not healthy for you…

Regarding the XGA, what are you on about the season is over? Re-read it, I was on about now. For the last time, our XGA is worst compared to other top 3.I never said it was bad, I said in context versus the top 3 (or as I originally said top 4 which I already mentioned before). This doesn't translate to actual goals conceded but I'm sure you know this. It's my view, I don't care if you don't agree it so wind your neck in. Top 3 or Top 5 or whatever you extended to above, my view still stands. As if you haven't got any facts wrong before in your posts, Come on now. I can remember a few but not going to go on about it.

You seem to have got your knickers over context here, read the rest of my posts next about how proud Iam and grateful of this team before you decide to go all in on this.
And we wonder why this forum loses so many people or lack of any new members, they must be all busy growing pairs...

Last edited:
No issues with any disagreements, just like I can disagree with others. It's a bit much of you to suddenly go on about that reading your replies on this forum since ever. This is not your first time.
Aggression? Read back your post compared to mine. Was that a proportional constructive response?
Your behavior has been like this since forever, it's ridiculous you think you can reply such a way and get all defensive when called out for it. Only thing I can agree in your post is your comment about being a cunt, but at times? Not sure about that how about all the time. Reading by some of your posts aimed at others, at least I don't need to take it personally.

Seriously calm yourself and stop being a cunt (your own words and not mine before you start accusing me with further aggression!), what is it with you? Never read such self important bollocks. It’s not healthy for you…

Regarding the XGA, what are you on about the season is over? Re-read it, I was on about now. For the last time, our XGA is worst compared to other top 3.I never said it was bad, I said in context versus the top 3 (or as I originally said top 4 which I already mentioned before). This doesn't translate to actual goals conceded but I'm sure you know this. It's my view, I don't care if you don't agree it so wind your neck in. Top 3 or Top 5 or whatever you extended to above, my view still stands. As if you haven't got any facts wrong before in your posts, Come on now. I can remember a few but not going to go on about it.

You seem to have got your knickers over context here, read the rest of my posts next about how proud Iam and grateful of this team before you decide to go all in on this.
And we wonder why this forum loses so many people or lack of any new members, they must be all busy growing pairs...
Jesus Christ what a pile of undiluted crap. Next time give some thought to your response rather than blurting out whatever is in your brain, because that clearly doesn't work.

Jesus Christ what a pile of undiluted crap. Next time give some thought to your response rather than blurting out whatever is in your brain, because that clearly doesn't work.
Says you,you are just annoyed someone called you out for your aggressive crap online.
Let’s hope we defend better against Palace today.

Should have signed him last summer for 10 mill. Excellent player that would have been a perfect LCB. More so if we are going 3 at the back.

View: https://twitter.com/BenBocsak/status/1779924168617632057

The 23-year-old Belgian defender is one of the most exciting prospects coming through the Jupiler Pro League at the moment.

Cuyper has predominantly been used as a left-back this season. However, he is also capable of filling in at right-back, can even play as a centre-back in a back three, and has also played further forward as a left-wing and right-winger.

Linked with William Pacho from Frankfurt. 22 years old LCB. Has been excellent this season.

Alisson returned to Liverpool's starting XI on Sunday after missing eight Premier League matches with a hamstring injury that threatened to derail his season - but the blessing in disguise was the form of No 2 keeper Caoimhin Kelleher.

The Irishman was subject to strong interest from Nottingham Forest in the last days of the January transfer window but Liverpool turned down the relegation-threatened club's approaches. Forest boss Nuno Espirito Santo is keen to re-explore signing Kelleher, though.

Santo, a former goalkeeper himself, is a huge fan of Kelleher, though his stellar performances over the last two months have done Liverpool's bargaining position no harm this summer, with his price-tag only going in one direction.

Liverpool would likely not stand in Kelleher's way if he did want to leave the club in search of a No 1 jersey elsewhere
, though, with Forest just one of many clubs interested in securing his services. Celtic are very keen but would almost certainly be priced out of a move.

It means the Reds will likely be in the market for a No 2 goalkeeper this summer, with several on-loan youngsters not ready to step up to the position which has seen Kelleher play 26 times this season.

They have retained an interest in Sunderland shot-stopper Anthony Patterson
, according to sources, which was first revealed by Liverpool Confidential in January.

The 23-year-old has also represented England at youth level and has been a mainstay for the Black Cats this term.

It is also understood that several Premier League clubs have been scouting Wigan's young keeper Sam Tickle, who has impressed for Shaun Maloney's League One side this season and earned himself an England Under 21 call-up.

Liverpool's third-choice keeper Adrian, now 37, is a well-liked and influential talker in the but the Spaniard is out of contract in the summe
r and it seems unlikely he will be offered a new deal, meaning the Reds could target an experienced deputy if Kelleher was to leave.

Back
Top Bottom