• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Transfer Window

But he makes Naby Kieta look like Wolverine.
If Salah leaves then we need some one for the RW. If Diaz leaves and Salah signs another contract. I wouldn't get another FW. We are scoring goals but we're also conceding alot. 3-4-3 will mean we should concede far fewer
I was considering him more as a replacement for Gapko, If We can Keep Jota fit and Salah stay (Sooner sell him) then we have Daiz,Jota Salah and Nunez...Spend the £30m elsewhere

I was considering him more as a replacement for Gapko, If We can Keep Jota fit and Salah stay (Sooner sell him) then we have Daiz,Jota Salah and Nunez...Spend the £30m elsewhere
Gakpo will come good. Look at how he performs on the international scene. DCL will be a disaster as he will never be available. Our attack is fine, we are scoring, we just need to let in fewer goals.
As i said 3-4-3 we will concede far fewer goals

Gakpo will come good. Look at how he performs on the international scene. DCL will be a disaster as he will never be available. Our attack is fine, we are scoring, we just need to let in fewer goals.
As i said 3-4-3 we will concede far fewer goals
Yeah, that would be his only fualt I believe; the time he spends injuried

Yea it’s a bit hendo and Fabinho to lose both, they’ve seen a lot of minutes even if neither has been at the top of their game.

…the midfield overhaul worked out well in the end though 🤔

We will get some new defender, or two.
So, I don't think we will change too much up front. One to leave I think.

Salah and Diaz will both be gone this summer I feel.
180m for both.

Jizz out 40m for Frimpong.
Then spunk another 80m for Musiala.
Then spray the other 60m on a top quality CB. Was really impressed with that Otavio chap for Porto in both the Arse games, so Amorim can drag him along.

So the guys at Liverpool are aware of Frimpongs existence but there is no interest in signing him... Interesting.

Thanks Pete O, what would we do without you.
1712760504077.png

That's such a weird photo as well. It almost looks like he's photoshopped himself into a student property.

That's how I feel. The noises from his camp seem to be a bit more consistent, as opposed to Salah and his agent, who usually LOVES to stir the pot

For 75-80 mill I'd be okay with that. Depending on who we bring in obviously.

Diaz's contract does not expire until 2027 so the club are in a decent position and has likely been assessing his response from injury before even giving an extension any consideration. If big money comes in for Mo then it's prudent to take that and hold onto Diaz another year. Luis will likely not sign an extension with us, so if no big money comes in for Mo then release Diaz to be the jarg Mbappe and help PSG find new ways to lose every CL quarter-final for all eternity.

180m for both.

Then spray the other 60m on a top quality CB. Was really impressed with that Otavio chap for Porto in both the Arse games, so Amorim can drag him along.

Weren’t you adamant that Trent was staying at RB or RWB and definitely not playing in MF.

Why would we then spend £40m on Frimpong when we have Bradley and Gomez, who you were also at pains to point out you wouldn’t play at CB, as well?

Weren’t you adamant that Trent was staying at RB or RWB and definitely not playing in MF.

Why would we then spend £40m on Frimpong when we have Bradley and Gomez, who you were also at pains to point out you wouldn’t play at CB, as well?
Hmm. Ok, maybe we don't jizz out 40m on Frimpong just yet and instead go after a 2nd CB. Let's see what else happens in the summer, Madrid might come in for Trent and we could have a few suitors for Joe.

Hmm. Ok, maybe we don't jizz out 40m on Frimpong just yet and instead go after a 2nd CB. Let's see what else happens in the summer, Madrid might come in for Trent and we could have a few suitors for Joe.

So…. You’re now edging towards selling Trent.

What the fuck for?

And why should we sell Gomez? - do I need to go through the multitude of reasons why this would not be a good idea.

Let me just do it the easy way - you’re floating selling two of our homegrown players - which means we’d need to bring in other homegrown players - and they’re also players hitting their peak years.

How about… we just forget the whole selling Trent & Gomez thing, let the new manager work out where it’s best to play them and then figure out which other positions we’re short of and strengthen there instead.

It’s radical, I know - it might even involve giving some young players more opportunities!!!!

So…. You’re now edging towards selling Trent.

What the fuck for?

And why should we sell Gomez? - do I need to go through the multitude of reasons why this would not be a good idea.

Let me just do it the easy way - you’re floating selling two of our homegrown players - which means we’d need to bring in other homegrown players - and they’re also players hitting their peak years.

How about… we just forget the whole selling Trent & Gomez thing, let the new manager work out where it’s best to play them and then figure out which other positions we’re short of and strengthen there instead.

It’s radical, I know - it might even involve giving some young players more opportunities!!!!
Well why does anyone sell anyone Stevie? Good money or maybe they're told to find new clubs as they're not part of the manager's plans. It's all hypothetical, I'm fine with both Trent and Gomez staying but if attractive offers come in then I'm not gonna lose any sweat over either 1 of them leaving.....there are better players out there.

You worry too much about this homegrown stuff, we have Morton Carvalho Harvey Sepp Quansah Bradley Kelleher Jones as well as the keeper impressing in Austria.

A new manager might not change much straight away but within 12-18 months or so will want to start building his team.

....do you reckon we could sell Trent and Joe to fund Mbappe? :LOL:

Last edited:
Well why does anyone sell anyone Stevie? Good money or maybe they're told to find new clubs as they're not part of the manager's plans. It's all hypothetical, I'm fine with both Trent and Gomez staying but if attractive offers come in then I'm not gonna lose any sweat over either 1 of them leaving.....there are better players out there.

You worry too much about this homegrown stuff, we have Morton Carvalho Harvey Sepp Quansah Bradley Kelleher Jones as well as the keeper impressing in Austria.

Why would Trent not be part of any managers plans? What sort of manager would decide that?

Ok if he decides he wants to move on to a new challenge - off he goes.

I do worry about the youth thing - it’s great Bradley & Quansah are coming through, and I’m a big fan of Harvey, but none are at the level of Trent as yet and none have the positional flexibility of Gomez.

It all sounds like the crazy arbitrary “let’s sell so and so, so as we can buy new players because I like shiny new things and spend too much time fantasising and building teams on FIFA”.

Bring in Musiala, yes, Wirtz, sure… but we don’t need to sell players in other positions for the sake of it.

If Diaz wants to go - Cheerio. Same for Mo.

Why would Gomez not play regularly at CB in a 3 - he’s been excellent this season, has played in defence, across all positions, all his life (Bar a couple of games in at) and wouldn’t it be the new managers job to integrate and get the best out of him in his new system?

180m for both.

It is more important for the Saudi league to get a marquee signing like Mo Salah than Liverpool to keep hold of him,so If we can hold our nerve we may squeeze north of £100m out of them

It is more important for the Saudi league to get a marquee signing like Mo Salah than Liverpool to keep hold of him,so If we can hold our nerve we may squeeze north of £100m out of them
We need at most 3 signings. That doesn't change if Diaz leaves.
Comp/replacement for Salah
LCB and a CM,

Back
Top Bottom