• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Transfer Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scum transfer bid for Reus turned down according to the Athletico president

[article=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11881/9431190/transfer-news-marco-reus-said-to-have-turned-down-move-to-manchester-united]He told Spanish radio: “I don’t know where the Marco Reus rumour came from.

“It’s a player who, at this time, is impossible to us.

“Look, he had an offer for a lot of money from Manchester United and he has not gone…we will not sign him with a lesser offer.”[/article]

Larkin-esque.

A bubble is restively forming at your tip.
Burst it as fast as we can—
It will grow again, […]
Silently it inflates, till we’re enclosed
And forced to start the struggle to get out:
Bestial, intent, real.
The wet spark comes, the bright blown walls collapse,
But what sad scapes we cannot turn from then.
What ashen hills! what salted, shrunken lakes! […]
And how remote that bare and sunscrubbed room,
Intensely far, that padlocked cube of light
We neither define nor prove,
Where you, we dream, obtain no right of entry.
Are you saying I'm some sort of poet?

Ballotelli is the complete opposite in what rodgers says he looks for in a player. He's lazy, no football brain, self absorbed and definitely no team player. I cant imagine a more anti-rodgers player than ballotelli.

I'd take Balotelli on loan if we can't get any other fucker to join us - which seems the case.

Coming from you, Dan, that's worthy of note for more than one reason, but in answer to your opening question: yes, I'm afraid so. I know he's no more than 23 years old, but he's already had a shedload of help from an excellent adoptive family and a number of understanding and well resourced employers. What worries me particularly about him is that he's consciously hiding behind his undoubted early disadvantages with an attitude of "look how hard a start I had in life - you can't expect me to be any better". He actually stated this in so many words in the Italian press not that long ago. I don't have your professional background but I spent most of my career dealing with youngsters with similar problems and histories in an admin.capacity, something which I'm still doing on a voluntary basis as vice-chair of governors of a school for young people with similar difficulties, and I'm afraid I've tended to find that those who persistently refuse responsibility for themselves in such a deliberate way often don't grow out of that. I hope he does still have time to grow out of such a frame of mind, whether or not we sign him, but I'm afraid I'm sceptical.

I can see your point tbh JJ. I guess for me there's a difference in context to those young men with similar backgrounds you (and I) might have worked with, in that not many have to negotiate the perils of huge wages/ego-inflating adulation that young footballers of Balotelli's stature are tempted by.

At 23, there's still hope in me he might begin to see through the self-limiting nature of his personal narrative, grow some balls and fulfil his personal/professional potential.

Heaven knows I made a shedload of serious self-centred, bad-judgement mistakes in my early 20's, without his background or early success!

Balotelli would be a good fit for us I think.

I think he could have great chemistry with Sturridge. They both seen to have big personalities, but I think they could bring out the best in each other.

Was he at Inter when Coutinho was there?

So now Reus and Muller have told the scum to do one:

[article=http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11881/9431150/transfer-news-thomas-muller-rejected-approach-from-manchester-united]He told Bild when asked if United had come close to signing him: “Of course.

“I was aware that I could earn more by making that transfer.

“The amount that foreign clubs were offering me was astronomical. But Bayern are my club, a change was not an issue for me."[/article]

So Danny and Mario are going to play together? Not sure that's going to work.

And I can't see either of those two massive egos content with sitting on the bench while the other plays, regardless of circumstance.

Many on here were saying that we need a hardworking forward who closes down opposing defences relentlessly (ala Suarez) after the Southampton game. Mario is not that guy.

Not to mention one of the biggest reasons we challenged for the title last year was the team spirit and togetherness of "the group." Do we really want to risk upsetting that balance Super Mario?

I get the impression that Silversean might have difficulty trusting a Manchester United supporter

You're right, the only logical option could be for the man utd fan to be "the big one" of the two, simultaneously showing us his bona fides, by sending silversean 30 big ones.

You're right, the only logical option could be for the man utd fan to be "the big one" of the two, simultaneously showing us his bona fides, by sending silversean 30 big ones.

To cut out any trust issues, they could both email me a 30 pound amazon voucher.

That would work, plus I wouldn't have to give a manc my address.

The worst thing is, we've played him out of games and done our homework on him a few times, by knowing that if you get to him from the off and he doesn't get the rub of the green, he hides in the shadows or hits out. He's easy to play because he's so manipulative.

To cut out any trust issues, they could both email me a 30 pound amazon voucher.

That would work, plus I wouldn't have to give a manc my address.

But you're asking them both to trust that you'll use the voucher for the sodastream. I don't think either of the will go for that.

If anyone can sort balotelli's head out it'll be rodgers and peters. If they think they can do it after some no doubt lengthy discussions with him then this could be fucking ace.

Talking about sorting out Balotelli's head is like talking about getting Stephen Hawking dancing again. It's just not going to happen.

I think you need a middle man, someone who already has a sodastream, in case they use the money to buy themselves one.

Maybe everyone with a sodastream should post a pic of themselves with it, proving they do indeed not need to get one, then the three parties involved could vote on who they'd like to be the middleman.

I just find Balotelli to be goofy more than anything else. Most of the attention he gets for stuff is just funny, not criminal.

I think our club culture makes a lot more sense for him than the washed up players/revolving door of managers at Milan, or the absurd wealth of City.

We provide a certain level of stability compared to those two. I think it's absolutely worth the risk. Seems like the perfect player that if you can get him properly motivated and focused, will run through walls for you. A lot like how Sturridge changed his whole mental approach, or Suarez during last season.

Here's my wife and I in some of my favourite shots of us with our beloved soda stream. We also have a pretty amazing set of hair tongs:

SodaStream-vintage.jpg

Sodastream is now promoted by Scarlett Johansson. If I'd drawn a mouth like hers I'd rub it out and start again.

Anyway, our dog treats the sodastream like the brother he never had. They're inseparable.

p1070114-782731.jpg

Said it for a while, but I think Ballotelli represents the best mix of price/current talent/potential talent/available.

There's few options out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom