• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent injured

He'll miss:

Brentford
Luton
Chelsea (LC)
Southampton (FAC)
Forest

Possibly back for City, but that's a god awful first game back!

Have we missed him? I dont think we have personally. We are a lot more solid defensively and we still create chances in games. Yes he's a excellent added bonus, but im never comfortable with him at RB.

Have we missed him? I dont think we have personally. We are a lot more solid defensively and we still create chances in games. Yes he's a excellent added bonus, but im never comfortable with him at RB.

It's nice to have rotation though

Can’t wait to have him back, offers a new dimension. Hopefully back after the international break.

The 'added bonus' might have got him a couple of assists and wins in games he missed, and we drew.
His progressive passes per game + assists + chances created are ridiculous.

The 'added bonus' might have got him a couple of assists and wins in games he missed, and we drew.
His progressive passes per game + assists + chances created are ridiculous.

The flip side to that is we found our balance as a team and look much more defensively sound. So yes, he might have turned a couple of points our way in that respect, but we might have shipped a few goals at the other end. I'd be pissed off now if he returned and slotted straight back in to that right back role. I'd wager it could be a potential factor in us losing the title. And I love Trent as a player, but as a defender his time was up years ago.

The flip side to that is we found our balance as a team and look much more defensively sound. So yes, he might have turned a couple of points our way in that respect, but we might have shipped a few goals at the other end. I'd be pissed off now if he returned and slotted straight back in to that right back role. I'd wager it could be a potential factor in us losing the title. And I love Trent as a player, but as a defender his time was up years ago.

He'll come straight back in

Reactions: dee
Its a strange one isn't it?

We had the best defence in the league with him in, but a lot of us never felt comfortable. Getting bailed out by Ali a lot.

Then he got injured, and so did Ali, and we feel defensively more sound, though stats wise is there any change?

Going forward we've also been great, despite him being a fantastic playmaker, so it doesn't feel like we've missed him there either.

Tough decision for Kloppo, but either way good to have the option and back up!

I don’t think we have been that much better on the right side as it has been suggested. Whether that’s Bradley or Gomez, in some games we have looked generally more comfortable defemsively but in other games not so. Attacking wise, I can see there is a difference in quality. We have managed well but he will go come straight back in, the last game showed the level he brings to our attacking play from number of areas.

I don’t think we have been that much better on the right side as it has been suggested. Whether that’s Bradley or Gomez, in some games we have looked generally more comfortable defemsively but in other games not so. Attacking wise, I can see there is a difference in quality. We have managed well but he will go come straight back in, the last game showed the level he brings to our attacking play from number of areas.

Honestly i think we looked much better as a unit defensively in jan/feb; when salah trent and szob were out. Everyone played their role as if they knew they needed to impress. We've slowly reintroduced people and we've slowly looked more and more vulnerable. I feel trent coming back would make it more vulnerable. We've definitely missed the attacking input, so hopefully that will change or recent fortunes of profligacy

I am excited to have all of Jota, Trent & Curtis back. Their presence on the pitch / in the squad will transform our team.

I am excited to have all of Jota, Trent & Curtis back. Their presence on the pitch / in the squad will transform our team.
Curtis (a shame that it is), i've not missed that much due to macca. He's been a phenom. Trent i've missed that extra lockpick he offers, but bradleys been more than capable.

jota i hugely miss

No the last game showed that we're not clinical enough in front of goal. Whether we have trent in the team or not we always create enough chances to win games, its just our conversion rate or final ball is poor. Against man utd we had enough opportunities to kill the game but we screwed up. I love trent and think he's a great player, but maybe its time for him to shift into midfield where he wants to be anyway. Of course if you do that who do you drop would be the question.

No the last game showed that we're not clinical enough in front of goal. Whether we have trent in the team or not we always create enough chances to win games, its just our conversion rate or final ball is poor. Against man utd we had enough opportunities to kill the game but we screwed up. I love trent and think he's a great player, but maybe its time for him to shift into midfield where he wants to be anyway. Of course if you do that who do you drop would be the question.

The logic would be RCM, but then we've just spend 60m on him so probs not.

He's not good enough to be DM.

In an ideal world he'd be in the double pivot midfield. Which we don't play

The logic would be RCM, but then we've just spend 60m on him so probs not.

He's not good enough to be DM.

In an ideal world he'd be in the double pivot midfield. Which we don't play
Unless you move szoboszlai further forward if salah leaves in the summer which would give trent the RCM slot.

Unless you move szoboszlai further forward if salah leaves in the summer which would give trent the RCM slot.
That's another option

Of course, it's all moot until we know the new manager and how they like to setup. I'd like Trent in midfield, but I'm not expecting it this season

Back
Top Bottom