• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

West Brom (h) - post match chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

manwithnoname

Bravo old man. Bravo.
Banned
A win! And against a Pulis team. Good three points, and some of the attacking football was superb to watch. Sadly, defensively there are still some huge questions, especially around the goalkeeper, because Karius - on the evidence so far - is a fucking clown.

The other obvious issue is how many chances we create, and waste. The lack of a quality striker and reliable finisher needs to be addressed. If Klopp doesn't trust Sturridge, then we desperately need to invest a large sum of money in a quality replacement. Obviously Origi is shit, and Firmino isn't a striker or a good finisher, so we are short in that department.

Karius (4) Had little to do, but what there was, he fucked up entirely. Every time a ball is put into our box, he has a fucking epileptic fit. It's so embarrassingly obvious. I'm not even sure I would be happy to put Mignolet back in, because he's shite as well.

Clyne (7) Another solid and reliable game, he attacked well and produced some wicked deliveries. Quality

Matip (7) Not overly tested, but made a few good headed clearances and positive in his use of the ball

Lovren (7) Same as above, like it when he is more uncomplicated defensively, but neither he nor Matip have any trust in the goalkeeper, which is understandable

Milner (8) Impressive yet again. One or two deliveries were poor, but overall he was commendable in attack and defence.

Can (7) Big improvement on his last game, even if he still looks ponderous at times. Powerful and composed with his Captain

Henderson (7) If you let go your visions of Gerrard, or indeed what a Liverpool captain should look like, he's far easier to appreciate. Not amazing - he never will be - but effective

Lallana (7) a welcome return and was impressive all over the pitch, especially in the first half. Not much in the way of goal threat, but knits play together so well

Mane (8) a game- changer. A goal scorer. Possibly our best signing for years. So important with his pace and goal threat.

Coutinho (8) the creative focal point of many of our attacks, and capped an impressive display with a beautifully taken goal

Firmino (7) superb industry and application, and his movement is great, but a shame about that lack of pace. Clearly not going to be relied upon to score goals, as he isn't a striker or a good finisher - he has failed to score in 7 out of 9 Premiership games so far - but that's not what he is on the pitch to do.

Hahaha! Karius a 4.
TIA gives him a 6,5. The Echo a 6.
None of them blames him for the goal. In fact not one bar some on this site have blamed him for the goal from what I've read.
Ahhh funny... The predictable ratings. Sooo predictable.

Anyway, enjoyed that win. Lovely 3 points.

And some words from our manager:
Klopp: "Who wants a clean sheet when you can get 3 points instead."

Hahaha! Karius a 4.
None of them blames him for the goal. In fact not one bar some on this site have blamed him for the goal from what I've read.

It's OK. There there. It doesn't matter! Really!

Hahaha! Karius a 4.

Who gives a fuck who gives him what? He flaps at crosses, starts to come off his line and changes his mind, kicks the ball into touch a lot. And the upshot is hes costing us goals. We conceeded the corner today that their goal came from because of how fucking abject he is at controlling balls into the box.

You blind baby..

Linked today with Inaki Williams in January (buy out clause of 40m odd).

I do hope we go all out for a bustling first class striker in January

Well that was strange. I thought we were brilliant and should have scored four or five, but when it got to about 65-70 minutes I felt we should have put Sturridge on, or failing that Origi, simply because it looked like we just weren't going to score that third goal no matter how great our approach play was. Conceding after all that domination made me so mad, but having cooled down I do think, overall, it was a really encouraging performance.

The best thing is the players seem to be listening and learning. Can, for example, was as quick to release the ball and move as he was slow and static on Monday. And all of the players were really impressive with their fluidity. A shame Hendo got booked, but he was excellent again.

I'm probably in a tiny minority but Mane disappointed me today. He didn't use his pace as well as I expected, and he dozed off at times.

Matip was solid, again, and Milner is just an exceptional pro.

Lallana is a gem.

As for Karis, well, I told you so. He could well become a very good keeper, but the only reason people were so keen to see him made number one was the fact his name wasn't Mignolet. He should have been given cup games, eased into contention, and then made to prove he deserved the promotion. And now we can't really drop him.

I agree with Macca regarding Mane. He was good in the first half, invisible for the first half hour of the 2nd, then had a good 10 mins.

Not a problem though, it's allowed for him.

Matip is fucking boss. As was Lovren.

Not too many played poorly in all honesty. It defo should have been more than 2 for us.

Ah, forgot we were playing in the league cup on Tuesday.

Missing a cup game isn't so bad, even against those cunts. I'd be surprised if we both play full strength teams.

I wrekon the plan was always for hendo to obtain a yellow in this game, knowing full well it's a cup game in midweek, where he was most likely not going to feature anyway..

Dissent is such an easy way to obtain one..

Firmino (7) superb industry and application, and his movement is great, but a shame about that lack of pace. Clearly not going to be relied upon to score goals, as he isn't a striker or a good finisher - he has failed to score in 7 out of 9 Premiership games so far - but that's not what he is on the pitch to do.

He may not be a better striker than Studge - but him leading the front line clearly makes us a more dangerous outfit. When he's up front, Coutinho and Mane can flank him and move to the spaces he creates continually. He's constantly putting pressure on the ball, and he's always finding himself in the right position to either create (Mane goal) or take a scoring change (he missed the chance Gini set up for him).

I know you will stand by your point that Studge is our best striker - he is, everyone agrees with you (even if you quote his goal scoring stats this year in the league) ... But it's rather evident we're a better team with Firimno leading the line ...

I agree, as a team we're better with Firmino than sturridge on recent evidence.

However we're also far less clinical than we should be, & there are always a few occasions watching us when I KNOW a striker would be getting us goals.

I'd be interested to see our shots to goals ratio this season.

It seems to me, without using stats, that we're creating way more chances than last season, but scoring a lower ratio of them.

Last season we had a ratio of just under 22%, second only to Arsenal.

Today we had more than 20 shots & scored 2 goals. Let's than 10%.

Firmino missed too many clear-cut chances today. Chances Sturridge probably would have converted. Problem is, he might not have been there to create the chances. That's what Firmino's constant running does.
Sturridge lacks that work rate.

Last edited:
Firmino missed too many clear-cut chances today. Chance Sturridge probably would have converted. Problem is, he might not have been there to create the chance. That's what Firmino's constant running does.
Sturridge lacks that work rate.

Yup ... (or that his running creates for his teammates)

Everyone played well, Karius was a slight worry.

Should have won about 4 or 5 -1 in the end but it became very nervous at the end.

Ah, forgot we were playing in the league cup on Tuesday.

Missing a cup game isn't so bad, even against those cunts. I'd be surprised if we both play full strength teams.
I would be surprised if we don't have a strong team out. I guess Spurs will play a weakened team but we need to do well in both cups this year to keep the team on the boil, players fit and confidence high.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom