• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Where will Reina end up?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Which club will Pepe Reina play for in 2013-2014?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barca, they wont want Valdes leaving for nothing next summer so they will sign Reina and shop Valdes around to PSG and Monaco

Barcelona still seem most likely.

I am confused about this. Valdes is definitely staying for another season. They are happy with Pinto as a back up goalkeeper. Ter Stegen is supposedly signed and will come next season. What the hell do they need Reina for?

I am confused about this. Valdes is definitely staying for another season. They are happy with Pinto as a back up goalkeeper. Ter Stegen is supposedly signed and will come next season. What the hell do they need Reina for?

I think you are jumping ahead too quickly. Valdes wants to stay another season, and Ter Stegen is just being linked now. That deal isn't being reported by a lot of outlets, which makes me believe that it's either in the early stages or just attention whoring by those reporting.

It doesn't matter if Pinto is second string or third string to Barcelona, they will keep him on regardless.

I chose another club. Napoli's keeper is 36 and I'd think with Rafa there, they'll be linked with a move for Reina at some stage. A.Madrid will need a permanent keeper at some point in time (though they are out of the picture now with the Courtois loan extension). Fiorentina decided against signing Emiliano Viviano on a permanent basis so they'd probably be on the lookout for a goalie (it is worth noting Eduardo Marcia who used to work for us during Benitez's reign is now their Technical Director and they've picked up a couple of Spanish signings over the past and for the upcoming season). Valencia's Diego Alves is linked with a move to Man City to replace Costel Pantilimon as the backup keeper and to provide Hart with more competition (although they've got Guaita and I'm not sure if they'll spend big money on a keeper).

I just think that there are definitely options out there. Alas, it'll depend on Reina whether or not to follow Dudek (when he moved to RM) and be a backup at a big club.

The problem for Reina is that none of those clubs are really a step up from Liverpool. He could choose to bide his time and 'fight for his place'.

The problem for Reina is that none of those clubs are really a step up from Liverpool. He could choose to bide his time and 'fight for his place'.

Which would screw us financially. The club must be banking on him leaving. Why else would we have just renewed Jone's contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom