• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Will Nunez ever become 20+ goal striker?

Prefix for Poll Threads

Will Nunez ever score 20+ goals in EPL or another top league?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. He needs to be sent to the pit where Bruce Wayne had to learn how to climb out from.

Mind you though, there’s a possibility that Nunez might just cry himself to death.

It's interesting that, despite the usual haters hating, the silent majority still think he can score 20+ goals in a season the EPL.

It says Premier League or another top league.

Based on what we're seeing now, I don't see him scoring 20+ consistently. I think he could do it in another league / team though.

It says Premier League or another top league.

Based on what we're seeing now, I don't see him scoring 20+ consistently. I think he could do it in another league / team though.
Neither do I. However I do think he's worth persisting with for the other benefits he brings to the team and I can see him scoring 15-18 goals per PL season.

It was fucking pissing down all game. Get it in target and hope for the best. You can fault Nunez for his finishing most days but not last night.

OKAY GUYS.

These are the four "unmissable" chance that Darwin Nunez failed to score, allegedly due to his lack of composure, mentality, belief etc.

Can anyone tell me what he did wrong in any of these, and what Salah / Son / Mane / Kane / Fowler / Rush would have done different? Did Darwin miss a penalty, or smash the rebound into the stands? Did he mistime his shot and lose power, or get the angle off? Spent too much time thinking?

Someone tell me...

Well the third is the obvious one he should’ve scored, it’s really difficult to forgive a number 9 for fluffing a 1v1 with the keeper. In isolation whatever but he doesn’t inspire confidence in 1v1 situations. The fourth i personally think he should’ve managed a better contact with the ball but what that short clip doesn’t show is that he also played the ball behind salah just before, so he cocked up his involvement in the buildup too.

1&2 i have no issue with, couldn’t expect much better

I didn't think Nunez had that bad a game to warrant all this discussion. I thought he was decent.

Don't we kindof know what to expect at this point?

I think people might be more charitable if it was just that game, but it isn't, is it?

It's the latest in a long line of games where he has had clear cut chances and not taken them.

If the argument is that he is just unlucky then fine, but even that wears a bit thin eventually. I mean, who wants a consistently unlucky striker?

On the plus side, and probably the reason this is still a debate, we tend to win the games anyway, or at least draw, and we are top, so it's fine.

He was alright, i think the discussion is based on a buildup of underwhelming performances more than anything

OKAY GUYS.

These are the four "unmissable" chance that Darwin Nunez failed to score, allegedly due to his lack of composure, mentality, belief etc.

Can anyone tell me what he did wrong in any of these, and what Salah / Son / Mane / Kane / Fowler / Rush would have done different? Did Darwin miss a penalty, or smash the rebound into the stands? Did he mistime his shot and lose power, or get the angle off? Spent too much time thinking?

Someone tell me...

He didn't score.

I think people might be more charitable if it was just that game, but it isn't, is it?

It's the latest in a long line of games where he has had clear cut chances and not taken them.

If the argument is that he is just unlucky then fine, but even that wears a bit thin eventually. I mean, who wants a consistently unlucky striker?

On the plus side, and probably the reason this is still a debate, we tend to win the games anyway, or at least draw, and we are top, so it's fine.

I think ideally what the fans want is the Allison of strikers, someone who maybe pulls the points out of the fire on occasion when others aren’t playing well. Just a clinical finish or being in the right spot for a tap in to turn what was otherwise a 0-0 around.

OKAY GUYS.

Someone tell me...

The one where he's clear on goal I think a really good finisher either uses his left foot or goes round the keeper. What you want is someone who's cool enough to actually select the most appropriate finish for any given chance. That's probably more important than how well and accurately they strike a ball.

I do think the other chances demonstrate the lack of luck I mentioned before though. There's got to be an element of that plus loss of confidence - he's not a good finisher but I really doubt he's as bad as he looks right now.

He needs to scuff a shot every now and then. He hits them too cleanly

The fucking dickhead has xg of 11.5 and 4 goals. Imagine we had those extra eight goals, against the mancs or arse or spurs or whoever else we dropped points again. We don't need Kane or Rush or Fowler, they'd have had 20, we need an average striker with average returns and we'd be about 9000 points clear.

He didnt score from any of his chances last night and then Gakpo mishits his shot and it goes in.
Nunez could need a few goals that bounces of his cock, nose and ponytail. A bit of luck wouldnt hurt him.
He's not a natural finisher though.

The one where he's clear on goal I think a really good finisher either uses his left foot or goes round the keeper. What you want is someone who's cool enough to actually select the most appropriate finish for any given chance. That's probably more important than how well and accurately they strike a ball.

I do think the other chances demonstrate the lack of luck I mentioned before though. There's got to be an element of that plus loss of confidence - he's not a good finisher but I really doubt he's as bad as he looks right now.

The 1 v 1 he could have definitely done better but he's only there because he bullied the heck out the defender. There's nothing any striker would have differently about the other three.

I do not think he will ever be clinical, but I'd wager he can improve enough, and we can give him enough chances, for him to get there at least once. His performances still justify him being in and around the first eleven.

OKAY GUYS.

Someone tell me...

I'll disregard the left-footed players like Salah and Fowler because Nunez is right footed.

First chance:
He doesn't have that much time to do anything than get a foot on it, to be fair. He's also pressured by the defender so imo, he's just unlucky with that one.

Second chance:
Suarez/Jota/Torres would would have probably tried to hit the shot across the goal, place the ball near the far post. Even Nunez did that against Newcastle away and scored.

Third chance:
Round the keeper FFS or place it a bit higher. That should be a goal. You saw what Diogo did in the second half.

Fourth chance:
Go high, near post. Keeper would have no chance. Totally wrong choice by Nunez to go across the keeper and low, giving him a chance to save it.

Last edited:
What you want is someone who's cool enough to actually select the most appropriate finish for any given chance. That's probably more important than how well and accurately they strike a ball.

Yeah fairs that's why Jota is the best thing ever

I do not think he will ever be clinical, but I'd wager he can improve enough, and we can give him enough chances, for him to get there at least once. His performances still justify him being in and around the first eleven.

Good point, and his presence in our attacking contributes to the other players getting chances and working as a unit. Easy to forget that he has 6 assists as well, and his constant running causes chaos for the CBs.

I'd be happy if he could end up being a 15+ league goals player per season.

The MoM was the Newcastle keeper, first time ever, a GK lets in 4 goals but was by some margins the best player on the pitch. We win 4-2, we totally dominated the game, but people want to still find scapegoats

Sometimes it’s poor finishing, sometimes he’s desperately unlucky and others are met by wonderful (reflex) saves.

None of his chances yesterday were due to poor finishing, certainly not worth everyone queueing up for to jump on his back over (I know some of you boring shit stains couldn’t wait) He could get a better connection on the one Salah rolls him in for a near post finish, that’s about it.

Sometimes it’s poor finishing, sometimes he’s desperately unlucky and others are met by wonderful (reflex) saves.

None of his chances yesterday were due to poor finishing, certainly not worth everyone queueing up for to jump on his back over (I know some of you boring shit stains couldn’t wait) He could get a better connection on the one Salah rolls him in for a near post finish, that’s about it.

His one on one was embarrassing, not just because he missed it when anyone half decent would have scored, but because we all knew he'd miss it before he did, because he's fucking shite.

Every one of our legendary strikers and most of the ones we offloaded because they weren't good enough would have simply dinked it over the oncoming keeper and ran away laughing as it rolled slowly into the net.

Not this cunt, he leathers it right at the keeper, like a child filled with panic, as if it was his first ever chance to score. I feel sorry for his bird.

I was hoping he'd turned a corner after the Burnley game, But no. He still seems panic stricken whenever he gets 1 on 1.

I remember a previous Uruguayan striker whose general play was great from the word "go" but who took a while to become a regular goalscorer. Darwin's not in his class, mind you, but one or two questions were being asked about Suarez too at this sort of stage in his LFC career. I'm not rushing to judgment about Darwin yet.

Suarez went from 1 in 3 in his first season to 1 in 2 in his second to 1 in 1 in his third

Donkey has gone from 1 in 3 in his first season to 1 in 4 in his second season to what we can only predict will be 1 in 5 in his third, if there is a third, which I really hope there isn't.

I think he's brilliant for the team as long as I don't expect some consistent goal scoring finesse - some recent involvements..

- That goal V Sheffield United where he did a brilliant tackle in the last 2 mins, and crossed a long ball in for a key goal?
- That goal v Burnley saved us
- Yesterday, he helped set up the second goal in two stages (great lay off to Sbozlai and then passed it in for Salah at the end)

He's vital to us as an option, and has done and will do so much to help the team.

Just don't expect him to be a goalscoring wonder. He's not. He's not got the natural goal scoring technique and composure. Think of him as an occasionally scoring winger.

We've got other players that will score more often.

Here's that goal against Sheffield United in the last minutes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom