• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup day 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
3pm Games
SAUDI VS EGYPT
URAGUAY VS RUSSIA (one to watch)

Russia and Uraguay fight it out for top spot as both are qualified and Saudi and Egypt try to avoid the wooden spoon.
I hope Salah doesnt play.

7pm Games
IRAN VS PORTUGAL (One to watch)
SPAIN VS MOROCCO

Morocco are already out and you would fancy Spain and Portugal to go through, Iran need to beat Portugal to steal the spot. Cant see it, but at least it keeps these two honest and no free rides for their stars.

Knockout football starts here.

I hope Salah plays and scores a hattrick - it would be better for him and us if he comes home with at least 1 good memory of the WC.

Playing the spelling pedant : Uruguay

I think Morocco will just phone it in and get absolutely battered by Spain. Portugal to edge past Iran and the Russias (highly suspicious) superhuman levels of stamina to wear down an leggy Uruguay.

Since England and Belgium are fighting it out for top spot in Group G (and the honour of playing 2nd in Group H; Japan, Colombia or Senegal) the deciding factor, in the event of a draw which would mean both teams level on all other deciding parameters, is Fair Play. England are currently one point ahead so really nothing in it, see below.

The rules dictate that over the course of the three group games, sides lose one point per yellow card. Three points are lost for an indirect red (two yellow cards) and four for a direct red card. Meanwhile five points are lost for a yellow followed by a direct red.
England have currently received two yellow cards and no red cards after two games.
Belgium have received three yellow cards and no red cards – meaning England currently top Group G by a single Fifa fair play point.

No it definitely isnt. Well done figuring out how sporting competition works. Youve GOT THIS
I GOT THIS way before most of you were born.

Morocco have played very good football ... just cant score for lack of front men..spain also shit at scoring but do have Costa...plus spain vs morocco...kind of like a derby game. Iran know they can get through....and portugal have thus far shown they are a one man team or not so convincing so far.

8D3B8BE2-70B1-41C8-88F8-B69C51F62752.jpeg

That Russia game is going nowhere near any of my accas, really not worth trying to guess the outcome of that.

That Russia game is going nowhere near any of my accas, really not worth trying to guess the outcome of that.
Uruguay should win that i am 70/100 certain.

Every other game today is 50/50 with the exception of spain where they will have 60percent chance of winning.

So is all this shit about the Egyptian FA & Salah true then?

Some of the stories knocking about sound fucking mental.

So greedy Cavani. Loads of support in far better positions

Here's an article that covers some of it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...echnya-leader-photo-video-watch-a8414626.html

There's also a load of stories about his image rights. They used his image on an Egyptian as campaign for their fa sponsor a telecom company when he is paid by Vodafone & can't do that obv. He asked them not to repeatedly & they refused, he had to pay them off to make them stop despite them being in the wrong.

That happened after they allegedly asked him to front a campaign for public donations to the government which are meant to be for public services but its well known are used to line their pockets.

He refused & they kicked off threatening his families citizenship & he had to make a substantial donation to that fund to make it go away.

Sounds nuts, & have no verification of the latter parts but its come from a fair few well regarded Egyptian reporters apparently.

Looked like Ronaldo swung his arm at that cross when the keeper missed it.

If so he's damn lucky it didn't connect cos with var you can't get away with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom