• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup day 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oncy

Look up to the sky and there I be
Honorary Member
COLOMBIA VS JAPAN 1pm

POLAND VS SENEGAL 4pm

RUSSIA VS EGYPT 7pm

Colombia and Poland games the last round one games.
Russia on to their second game.

Bit gutted but I cant see me seeing any of the Colombia game. Stuck in work all day.
And they are my second team this year.

Hames, Lewandowski, Salah and Mane all start their world cups tomorrow.

Should be a blast

Has Cantona gone fully insane?

It's not the shit on his head, I'm looking at the half open shirt and sitting in the outhouse with a super computer from the 70s.

Was a tough day back at work after watching 5 of 6 matches and drinking about 30 beers this weekend. In a right mood all day. And had the beer shits.

For once, primarily because we no longer have Uncle Woy in ludicrously lengthy boring and embarrassingly poor charge, I stayed up till 4 am watching that and although I wish it had not been our unimpressive although strangely useful glory boy scoring I did enjoy the fact that we beat them Tunisian "actors"...

What in the world of fuck was Walker doing exactly???

Just how shit is Sterlings finishing!!

Anyway... I'm glad we won....

The stupid fucking trumpet band needs to die however...

And I'd rather the southerners packed it in with no surrender to the IRA bullshit and the dam busters and I'm sure the queen doesn't really face so much danger that she needs saving...

Supporting England is a tricky choice... I am English but... ugghhh

Cold light of day and less san miguels in my system im happy with that result.
Argentina, Germany and Brazil all frustrated by similar underdogs (in particular the South Americans) we played brilliant flowing football for the first 20-30 minutes and really should have been out of sight.
If you give Lingard those 4 good chances 10 times, 9 of them he scores at least one. Sterling would probably have missed his sitter regardless the useless spastic.

Couple that with the fact we had two incredibly clear penalties not given and we still managed to score two goals then that in itself is reason for happiness (I wont say optimism)
There is NOTHING I hate more in football than playing a team who are only interested in stopping you and not being progressive. I KNOW we have better players, I KNOW they are hoping for point against us or Belgium and a win against Panama, I get it, but it makes football shit. Its horrible to watch, it makes your team look terrible, not because they are lacking talent but because you have 21 players all within the last 35 yards of the pitch and there is nowhere to go.
England dont have a Coutinho who can smash a ball in from the edge of the box. We dont have a Hazard or DeBruyne whe can pick defences like that apart. We actually have a very similar set up to Liverpool (athough sadly Sterling and Lingard instead of Mane and Salah) and when teams open up against us we will be very good.

Problem being Panama will play exactly like Tunisia.

Anyway. Best we have played at a tourney in decades so fair play.

Pickford 6 nothing to do
Walker 4 did nothing but give away a pen and look sketchy at the back
McGuire 5 too many mistakes. Imagine that against France! We concede a lot
Stones 6 pick of a poor bunch
Young 6 was good first half
Trippier 6 average
Henderson 8 MOTM
Lingard 5 got to take one of them
Sterling 5 abject
Alli 6 started brilliantly then a knock slowed him down
Kane 8 cant argue with two goals from Kane after being double marked all game

Hard to argue with most of that.

Watched the two stonewall penalties we didn't get this morning.

They're literally wrestle Kane to the ground for the first one, & the second one do the same to both Kane & Hendo.

There's no way that the review of the refs/VAR can't highlight that.

Perhaps naively I think that they may put emphasis on it now cos if it keeps happening it'll reflect badly on them.

The only logical reason I can think of it being missed is that they concentrate on the on the ball stuff & have some arbitrary time limit to do it to try to avoid stoppages whilst they review everything after every corner, which tbh is kinda a legitimate concern.

It's job done & considering the 'big sides' results so far I'm not at all unhappy this morning.

Onto today.

I've got a funny feeling Japan are gonna get something against columbia. No idea why cos logically there's very little chance.

Same with Senegal v Poland, think Senegal may get the better of them.

Onto today.

I've got a funny feeling Japan are gonna get something against columbia. No idea why cos logically there's very little chance.

Same with Senegal v Poland, think Senegal may get the better of them.
Senegal v Poland SHOULD be a great game because both teams should fancy it. There isnt a ‘clear’ favourite in that game for me.
I think Japan will do a Tunisia.

I enjoyed an England game for the first time in yonks last night.

Me and my mates the only ones (apart from the sound Geordie's by us) not singing god save the queen and other stupid shit. Man I hope all those cunts die in a fire.

Go England though.

Enough creativity to get us to the tournament and win our first game Pat. Hows Irelands creativity?
We created Dreamy.

That's enough creativity for one generation, thank you very much.

Today I've backed wins for Columbia and Senegal...and I've backed both teams to score in the Poland-Senegal game.

I opened my account with £10 on the first day of the tournament and I'm up to £21.30.

We created Dreamy.

That's enough creativity for one generation, thank you very much.
Hahaha.
Only in Dreamy land could a team who created 15 shots, with FIVE clear chances and TWO clear penalties and won by scoring two could that team ‘need’ Jonjo (newcastle benchwarmer) Shelvey

Today I've backed wins for Columbia and Senegal...and I've backed both teams to score in the Poland-Senegal game.

I opened my account with £10 on the first day of the tournament and I'm up to £21.30.
Baller

Hahaha.
Only in Dreamy land could a team who created 15 shots, with FIVE clear chances and TWO clear penalties and won by scoring two could that team ‘need’ Jonjo (newcastle benchwarmer) Shelvey

How many clear chances did you create when Tunisia decided to defend deep?

Fuck all.
Ye scored for a corner, fair play but Ye created fuck all.

You said yourself you are missing a Coutinho type.

I see Grealish filling that void in a couple of years but for this WC you should have brought JonJo

Fuck all.
Ye scored for a corner, fair play but Ye created fuck all.

I see Grealish filling that void in a couple of years but for this WC you should have brought JonJo
I didnt say that. I said we dont have one and dont play like that.

And Shelvey isnt a solution to anything except we need a play to look more like Viktor Zsaz

Fuck all.
Ye scored for a corner, fair play but Ye created fuck all

So you missed the second half then. Woodwork twice, Stones missing sitter from 8m, penalty claims. Don't rewrite the script to suit your agenda mate ;)

Brazil have submitted a written complaint to Fifa's referees' commission about the officials' decisions in their 1-1 draw with Switzerland, whose equaliser was allowed despite a slight push by goalscorer Steven Zuber on defender Miranda.

That's pretty pathetic, if true.

Hahaha.

He isn't a Newcastle benchwarmer. Not sure he's a starter for the England team either, mind you.

It was a decent enough start, and a win. The defensive shape and organisation in Southgate's 3-5-2 isn't convincing: works when we're attacking, and looks fucked when we're defending, with some players not looking at all confident what they're supposed to be doing.

Trippier, Henderson and Kane were the stand-out players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom