• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aquilani isn't joining Milan, bet that

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't that many others.

Torres, Mascherano, Suarez and Alonso were good. Meireles was fine for the short time he was here. Apart from the ones you mention that only leaves Heskey I think. Differing opinions on him.

How can the jury still be out on Johnson though? He's been here years now.

Hasn't resolved things though. Some say his defending's sh!te and would be happy to take a punt on playing him out of position, or even to sell him at a loss. Others, like me, say his defending's not *that* bad, and his overall play is good enough to make keeping him a better proposition.

I'd definitely sell Johnson if we got an offer of £12m or more, but imo the jury isn't out in terms of classing him as a 'disaster': that'd be ridiculously harsh. He's been a good player for us but just one we paid £5m too much for.

I don't think the jury is out on Downing or Carroll either. Two of the worst value for money signings of the last 10 years, only 'beaten' by Aquilani and Diouf imo.

We're getting Aquilani back. I'm certain of it.

I think he's on 22.5 games, with 5 games left in Milan's season. They'll bench him, hand him back over, and we're stuck with the useless cunt next season.

I thought Rafa wanted him and Barry at the same time and when he didn't get both he got all mardy about it and decided to dump Keane to prove a point. Allegedly

Rafa was a bit of slut. He liked you, took you back to his place and if you didn't do what he wanted you were cast aside and it was on to the next one

Rafa was a bit of slut. He liked you, took you back to his place and if you didn't do what he wanted you were cast aside and it was on to the next one

If paid 18 or 19m for the privilege of bringing someone back to my place and neither were able to perform because of injury or generally just being shit I'd be casting them aside pretty fucking quickly too. And looking for my money back, GTA style.

If paid 18 or 19m for the privilege of bringing someone back to my place and neither were able to perform because of injury or generally just being shit I'd be casting them aside pretty fucking quickly too. And looking for my money back, GTA style.

That would be true true if you hadn't had the opportunity to assess what you were paying for beforehand

I'd definitely sell Johnson if we got an offer of £12m or more, but imo the jury isn't out in terms of classing him as a 'disaster': that'd be ridiculously harsh. He's been a good player for us but just one we paid £5m too much for.

I don't think the jury is out on Downing or Carroll either. Two of the worst value for money signings of the last 10 years, only 'beaten' by Aquilani and Diouf imo.

As i understand we were going to lose that 5mil or more anyway as Portsmouth were just about to become insolvent....

So it's not a bad business. It adds to your point.

johnson is a success imho. he improves the team, at the very least we look worse without him and if he were sold tomorrow we'd probably earn more than we paid. 'the anfield wrap' were raving about him in their last podcast, always like them :)

Yeah, I have a feeling they'll screw us over on this deal. 6 games to go and he needs 2 starts and sub apperance.

I think so, the loan agreement is complex as fuck. I've read he has played 22,5 games now and need 2,5 from the rest of the 6 games.

His agent is hellbent Aqua is going, but he is a cunt and cant be trusted.

I think so, the loan agreement is complex as fuck. I've read he has played 22,5 games now and need 2,5 from the rest of the 6 games.

His agent is hellbent Aqua is going, but he is a cunt and cant be trusted.

It's amazing to think we'll recover less less of his fee than we did of Diouf's - he's really not a bad player at all. It's the ultimate cursed transfer: reasonable enough on paper but in practice just seems to have conspired against us in every way to add up to a total disaster.

He's a very good player in the right setting (fans at both Juve and Milan have wanted him kept on) but the Prem was never going to provide that. I also can't help wondering how closely he was questioned on how happy he really was to leave home in the first place. To me this has all the hallmarks of a deal which was driven by his agent, frustrated that a potential cash cow on his books was getting sidelined by injury.

I thought Rafa wanted him and Barry at the same time and when he didn't get both he got all mardy about it and decided to dump Keane to prove a point. Allegedly

No Rafa wanted to buy Acqualini & Jovetic from the sale of Alonso to RM. He got Acqua & Johnson, but the Johnson sales was supposed to mostly covered by the money owed for Crouch.

He wanted Barry the season before when Alonso was on the market for a bargin price... and no-one wanted him. Keane was signed and then Rafa was told that there was no money for Barry. The issue that was put forward was that Rafa wanted Barry first, but koko the clown signed Keane first and we didn't need Keane*. Our system didn't suit Keane, although Rafa hated him with a passion. Barry would have been usewful for us at the time, because we would have played him instead of Lucas.

* - we needed a striker that could play the role Torres did when Torres was injured.

Also... it's pretty obvious which position Acqua would have fitted in - unfortunately Gerrard was filling that position and Acqua was made of glass.

I dont know wether its accurate but according to wiki today was his 25th game.
:(

Yeah maybe so, but this cuntish loan deal apperantly counts 1 and 0,5 games regarding subs and starts

Yeah maybe so, but this cuntish loan deal apperantly counts 1 and 0,5 games regarding subs and starts

Really? That's shit. So if he starts but comes off injured after 5 minutes that is a full game but if he comes on as a sub after 5 minutes then that is half a game?

According to Gazzetto dello Sport Milan arent looking to go through with this tranfer. Thats why they're not using him, and he'll most likely end up at Anfield again.

Jezzess H Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom