• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Ben Doak

Prefix for Poll Threads

Should we loan Doak out this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's scored some amazing goals for the U21. Probably just adrenaline, with more experience he'll calm down.

I just had a look at some vids. Yeah at that level he definitely had more composure, and it answered my question about pace over distance as well; nippy little fucker.

Bulked up this summer as well

I think people are over rating him! He is a good young kid and will get better over time, but he isn't close to Owen's levels. Giving him the name Scottish Messi is cringe and an omen to fail. Give him the last 20 mins of a game and full cup games and see how well he does

I think having a right footed right forward is exactly what we need as the understudy to Mo. If Mo is struggling in a game, then Doak is exactly the opposite threat to bring on and change the game up against that left back.

He's definitely worth using late in games, he's exactly the type of player you need against tired legs. Physically he reminds me of a young Rooney, than all of the other comparisons that are being tossed around. He's definitely more explosive with his pace though.

He's ridiculously good. If he was around in 97 with the much poorer quality in the PL he'd already have had half a season in the first team and be a household name. That's the problem with the Owen comparisons.

He should stay and be a super sub and eventually be groomed to succeed Salah in a couple of years.

I like it
giphy.gif

He really does play the kind of football that gets people off their seats, taking people on and jinking past players. Keep him!

I dont see the "he doesnt use his left foot" at all tbh. He dribbles with both feet, passes with both and will with time be better at finishing with his left as well. When his final ball is a bit more accurate he'll explode onto the scene. Will probably happen for him during this season.

Well it's a bit like saying Robbo and Mo don't use their right foots.....of course they do but it'll mostly be for the simple basics otherwise very rarely else & it's pretty hard to dribble with one foot unless you're just knocking it 50 yards in front of you and sprinting past your man to get on the end of it, I.e Kyle Walker (if you can even call that dribbling)

He is predominantly right footed, whereas your Trent's Jota's Gakpo's and Nunez's are more 2 footed but as he attempts more crosses and shots with his weaker it'll become more apparent.

I dont see the "he doesnt use his left foot" at all tbh. He dribbles with both feet, passes with both and will with time be better at finishing with his left as well. When his final ball is a bit more accurate he'll explode onto the scene. Will probably happen for him during this season.

I think it's just another example of the kind of low-effort criticisms people make of players in an attempt to appear sceptical and sophisticated. Same with this idea that he lacks a final product.

It's 90% bullshit. The sad truth is that the lad is a genuinely precocious talent.

Is as big a talent as Ryan or Brewster were?

Or our youngest ever goal scorer?

I have a few different names in my head whenever someone mentions "our youngest ever goalscorer", think it was Sinclair at one point, then Rossiter, then moved to Woodburn then Harvey maybe?

From the top 5, Owen is the only name that stands out so I wouldn't be worrying about that record anytime soon.

& his name was Rhian, not Ryan DreamersBelievers :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom