• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Ben Doak

Prefix for Poll Threads

Should we loan Doak out this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet, he went on to play in a very good Real Madrid team, whereas Owen got fucked back to England after a season.

Owen excelled more at international level than McManaman.

They were both dicks about their contracts.

Also… Owen didn’t wear one of those white suits.
Owen would have been a star in La Liga if it was pre-injury. He was already fucked by the time he left Liverpool.

Owen was awesome when he came through and went on to become world class, but the idea that he's in some separate stratospheric category in terms of overall potential is bollocks imo. He wasn't Messi. Perhaps his particular attributes meant he shone more at an earlier age than most players destined to be world class, but he never, imo, had significantly more underlying potential than players like Gerrard or Trent.

They're all just fantastic world class players.

I don't know enough about Doak to say whether he has the same ceiling. What I would say that in the current environment it would be hard to imagine him having done more to show world class potential. At 17 he looks ready to contribute at PL level. That's about as good as it gets these days. If he hasn't progressed much in the next year it would be fair to start doubting whether he's another Gerrard/Owen/Trent.

As it is, he's passed the tests he's needed to.

Would comparing Doakaldinho to Sterling maybe be a better comparison?
Close, but I think Doak is more direct and Sterling more technical. As I've mentioned before, Doak is extremely right footed too.

I'd like to see Doak play on the left.

It’d be nice if next game we didn’t get a man sent off so we could see some the kid get more minutes.

Coming on to score a hattrick would surely force Clark’s hand into rethinking not selecting him.

It’d be nice if next game we didn’t get a man sent off so we could see some the kid get more minutes.

Coming on to score a hattrick would surely force Clark’s hand into rethinking not selecting him.
I'm fine with Clarke not picking him. The kid has got all the time in the world.
If Scotland make the Euro's next summer he'll definitely get the wildcard spot.

[article]Liverpool captain Virgil van Dijk is full of praise for young teammate Ben Doak.

The Scottish teen is tipped for big things at Anfield.

"He's very exciting, very direct, one-v-one," said Van Dijk. "I call him a Tasmanian devil with the way he is buzzing around, he's just so quick.

"If his decision-making gets better, and he has all the time in the world for that, then he could definitely be one for the future.

"But I've seen also so many players at his age accelerating very good, and then not going to the next level. Hopefully he can do that for us. Let's be positive and hope for him that he will be part of our success."[/article]

So Virgil basically saying he makes terrible choices in the final third. Definitely something that can improve over time.

So Virgil basically saying he makes terrible choices in the final third. Definitely something that can improve over time.

It's becoming very repetitive but also the norm to single out areas of someone's game they can improve rather than focusing on what they do well, nevermind some 17 year old.

Kid hasn't even started a senior football match yet it's already been said about 403042 times his end product can improve, well no fucking shit....it's not exactly gonna get worst is it?

It's becoming very repetitive but also the norm to single out areas of someone's game they can improve rather than focusing on what they do well, nevermind some 17 year old.

Kid hasn't even started a senior football match yet it's already been said about 403042 times his end product can improve, well no fucking shit....it's not exactly gonna get worst is it?

Seriously. Virgil being a bit dumb there.

[article]Celtic loanee Nat Phillips has sung the praises of Liverpool teammate Ben Doak.

Doak originally came through the system at Celtic before leaving for Liverpool two years ago.

"From what I've seen from Doaky, plenty of people have plenty of reason to be excited," said Phillips.

"He's very confident. Sometimes young boys come up to the first team and play within themselves but that's not been the case with him. He's electric when he's running at players - he's happy to run at anyone. If he continues to progress the way he's doing, he'll do well.

"Fearless is the way I'd describe him, he's got bags of ability, especially in one-v-one situations. The rest is up to Ben and how he applies himself and his game. The basic tools and the foundations are there to become a great player."
[/article]

Steve Clarke could fast-track Liverpool teenager Ben Doak

[article]Steve Clarke on Ben Doak: “Let’s just see how things pan out. He is a young man, he is a very exciting talent, but sometimes you have to let them grow a bit.

“Anybody who watched the under-21 game on Monday night, & I did watch it, could see he is really good. In the first half I thought he was really good, in the second half he didn’t get in the game quite so much.

“He is a young man learning the game. I think going away & playing against Spain Under-21s away & being one of the highlights of the game is good for him.”[/article]

Thanks for posting. Impressed with both his skills and his fighting spirit. What's the betting Robbo and Steve Clarke get him into the Scotland team before long?

He's not very quick is he

There's the players who have great speed over long distances, the ones who have a great initial burst and the players who have both. He seems to have the burst based on that video. BUT it's one video and he's just a kid Virgil :)

Doak is pretty rapid, but his burst off pace when dribbling and ability to shift direction so quickly is more impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom