• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a huge test for the Premier league too, Chelsea aren't even trying to pretend they're staying within the rules anymore, at least City tried to pretend with fake sponsorships and what not. Chelsea are just standing their windmilling their cocks in the Premier Leagues face with their spending this window, 100% they're gambling on the league having no spine, and 100% they'll be proven correct.

No one knows they're breaching the rules. Arguably due to amortisation and the rules over 8yr contracts coming in to force this summer; there's a solid chance they're perfectly fine.

There's zero point worrying about what Chelsea are doing when we're unable to compete at all for players at the minute.

We've been left to atrophy after successes by the owners. Klopps the pacemaker that's kept this fucking corpse going for as long as it has.

Schmadtke is a convenient scapegoat tbf. He was appointed as a short term consultant, and had no business spearheading our most important transfer window in 5 years. Not appointing a permanent DOF has been a calamitous decision.

Every chance it's why he was appointed. Someone to put in the firing line when we end his contract a month early due to poor results.

Southampton midfielder Romeo Lavia has decided to join Chelsea.

Relations between the two clubs are good, so no issues are anticipated regarding an agreement.

A fee in the region of £50million plus add-ons is expected to seal the 19-year-old’s transfer.

Chelsea faced competition from Liverpool for the Belgium international, but the Anfield side are aware of Lavia's choice."​

Thought that might be the case. Bid only reported from the Chelsea journos.

Liverpool have denied having an agreement with Southampton for Roméo Lavia. -
@_pauljoyce

Why would Chelsea journos say we've bid for him if we haven't?

This is a weird week.

Last edited:
There’s no doubt we’ve made some big mistakes this window…but to ignore the likelihood that Chelsea would have gazumped us in wages and contract length for Lavia (given he was a long term target) even if we’d made our move two weeks ago…Is just hysterical nonsense…yes we’d have crucially had more time to rectify issues (a glaring mistake), but let’s not pretend we’d have been any more successful against the ffp wrecking ball cunts in blue.

Fwiw, I don't think we were particularly keen on Lavia, which is why we moved on to Caicedo.

Don't get me wrong, Lavia is an excellent young talent, but he's only 19, and there's a huge bit of development that happens in that first phase of a player's career (typically age 18-21), before that player learns what he's really good at.

I think in Lavia's case, our fear probably was that he probably fancies himself as a DLP more than a DM, and that we'd need to spend at least 2 years trying to mould him into what we need him to be.

Which is why Caicedo was the ideal target - a very good all-rounder, who focuses on destroying, recycling and defending first and foremost, but can also join effectively in build-up play if needed.

Anyway, I actually think our biggest need is just an athletic and absolutely single-minded destroyer. For the kind of football we play, we need at least 3-4 top level athletes who can defend one-on-one. In our peak from 2018-2021, we had some terrific athletes in defence and midfield who were just ridiculously difficult to get past.

In that sense, if we got someone like Florentino Luis, or say Onana (never going to happen), that might serve us better than Lavia or perhaps even Caicedo.

No one knows they're breaching the rules. Arguably due to amortisation and the rules over 8yr contracts coming in to force this summer; there's a solid chance they're perfectly fine.
Absolutely no-one has posted anything agreeing with this. In fact Beamrider specifically posted how much over he thinks they'll be (over £100+m I think he said).

What shouldn't be understated about this absolute fiasco is how many years this could set us back. We've potentially done monumental damage to the reputation of the club.

There’s no doubt we’ve made some big mistakes this window…but to ignore the likelihood that Chelsea would have gazumped us in wages and contract length for Lavia (given he was a long term target) even if we’d made our move two weeks ago…Is just hysterical nonsense…yes we’d have crucially had more time to rectify issues (a glaring mistake), but let’s not pretend we’d have been any more successful against the ffp wrecking ball cunts in blue.

Oh stop. We could've very easily signed him weeks ago.

Chelsea have probably done this just because they can as a massive fuck you for getting involved in the Caicedo shit. If we hadn't pussy footed around for a month for the sake of £2m we'd have the player now. That's the truth of it.

What shouldn't be understated about this absolute fiasco is how many years this could set us back. We've potentially done monumental damage to the reputation of the club.
zzzzz

Typical Hal hysteria and hyperbole.

We've already got most of the rebuild done, we're only looking for 4 more (DM, CB, CM + LB) and the club's name, Klopp and money will see them secured by next Summer.

Clowns running the asylum.

We’ve officially hit a new low.

GettyImages-103114139-e1621779524125.jpg

We must go for Diamonds for Beans and be aware that whoever they are cheatsky or another will probably gazump us. If were not smooth and quick.

DOF essential. We Cannot haggle openly in this pond full of sharks.

Our Scouts must be Shit or being ignored.

FSG have spread themselves too thin.

Dunno about anyone else but I’m absolutely loving the Hal’s rants, never laughed so much the last few days.

So according to Paul Joyce we didn't bid beyond what was rejected by Southampton last week before Chelsea got involved.
So is this just the club trying to save face or had we walked away before the Caicedo shambles?

zzzzz

We've already got most of the rebuild done, we're only looking for 4 more (DM, CB, CM + LB) and the club's name, Klopp and money will see them secured by next Summer.

It isn't hysteria and hyperbole. But whatever. You carry on.

So according to Paul Joyce we didn't bid beyond what was rejected by Southampton last week before Chelsea got involved.
So is this just the club trying to save face or had we walked away before the Caicedo shambles?

Saving face

Tbf those were the days we really didn’t have a pot to piss in and Roy worked with he was given…..which was a 10m budget.

At least when we sold players that summer we actually managed to sign players to replace them.

The players we signed were complete and utter shit, but still..

zzzzz

Yeah, easy to forget Chelsea tried to sign him last summer as well. Joe Sheilds came from Soton.
If anyone thinks they signed him to fuck with us then you’re deluded.

They sign every young talent and couldnt care less about FFP or any punishment that may come.

I think the impact of a single fiasco is frankly overrated, and these fiascos are more commonplace than you think.

From Edwards' era alone, I remember:

- the van Dijk leak, which was a much more colossal fuck up at the time
- Loic Remy, the guy we signed and then told the world that he'd failed a medical
- Fekir, who had literally done a photoshoot with the club before he failed his medical
- Konoplyanka who we'd agreed to sign on the last day of the Jan transfer window, before the Dnipro owner decided for no good reason that he wouldn't sell him
- Caleta-Car who was sitting at the airport waiting to board a flight at the Lyon airport before we decided that we'd get Kabak and Davies on loan

These fuckups happen constantly, and happen with every club. What defines a competent club is not its failures, but how it responds to them.

If we end up signing Florentino Luis and Goncalo Inacio in the next 2 weeks, and they turn out to be massive hits, nobody will remember this Caicedo saga in 2 years time.

The problem of course is that the fact that a mediocre retired DoF is running the show from Ibiza, and that our commercial head is now involved in transfer negotiations doesn't inspire much confidence.

The thing is, were we really that keen on signing either of them ? Lavia is like...Bajcetic, and Caicedo to me .... we dont know how good he really is, seriously we dont. I suspect some of the people taking the stats on him confuse him with their defender who drops a lot into midfield ( I know but I would not put it past some white folk thinking that other guy is Caicedo).

What i dont get on this site is how keen so many of you are to spunk so much money on a fucking DM. I dont understand. I have a simple spec, 18 months exp as a DM, in any of Europes top leagues, min height 5ft11, can tackle, and ability to read game and break up play. No need to add ability to invert to RB to cover for a creative RB and all that bollox.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom