• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgian journo seem to think he still wants to join us:

But the player’s preference - as always repeated it - never changed about #LFC that just reached an agreement with Southampton.

Is that from the Sasha guy? Dunno about other stuff of his but he's been all over the place about this transfer

When the Lavia rumour/this thread first started, he was expected to be a signing of potential, a back-up to Fabinho, competition for Badgertits.

Now he's a £60M season saver!!!!

I hope he's as good as people are expecting (that's if he comes at all, of course). But he is 19 and has only played 29 Prem games, worth remembering.

When the Lavia rumour/this thread first started, he was expected to be a signing of potential, a back-up to Fabinho, competition for Badgertits.

I hope he's as good as people are expecting (that's if he comes at all, of course). But he is 19 and has only played 29 Prem games, worth remembering.

The midfield market is insane this summer.

On the age thing Brighton are replacing 21 y.o Caicedo with 19 y.o Cameroon guy playing in Ligue 1

No idea if he's any good or not as I can't recall ever see him play... but a raw 19 year old, no matter how good he is, should never have been the only option.

All that will be forgotten when gives away possession with a stray pass right in front of our D.

Does anyone want to play for our club as a DM ? I am starting to think they saw the state of the once great Fabinho last season and thought to themselves:

"Fuck that guy is a cone now playing for Klopp, I don't want to turn out like that in 3 seasons,,, no way".

Pretty sure a few people including (aplologies for pat on my own back) that CMs and DMs was going to be super competitive across all big clubs this summer including even City in some ways IIRC. None of this a big surprise but well more than hiring Jorg for such a massive role and letting him take the fall for it.

We sat around, had a meeting, and made the executive decision to go for our second choice target first. We then decided 50 million was too much for a player that had just been relegated and went for our 1st choice. We offered £110M. However, as we've gone after our 2nd choice all summer, instead of our first, our first choice went to the club that's been going for him all summer. As such we showed Southampton we have money to spend. Now we are as desperate as ever to sign a number 6 and have to overpay for our 2nd choice. We still may lose out after pissing him off by going after our first choice, who we went after second.

All that is left is to now target our fourth choice target, flutter our eyelashes at our third choice target, and then announce Melo on loan.

Last edited:
Why even bid for Lavia again if we feel Chelsea will get him.

Indeed - we know what Chelsea will do, so what is the point of doing this ? - we were out of it as soon as they came knocking on the door. Interesting view on Sky, they Chelsea have decided to cripple us by taking off the two options we had, to the point where we probably won't buy anyone for that DM role.

Chelsea weren't even interested until we pulled the Caicedo stunt. Well done, tards.
If they buy him - I think they were. They wanted him last summer, so he is a target of theirs, I think they decided on him this season at these two points:

1) Noticed we were fucking around with Southampton
2) To force Brighton's hand
3) Once we fucked around with the Caicedo bid - they went for him, and never gave up on Caicedo who was their number one target from the outset.

They have now got their 1 and 2 if Lavia goes ahead.

Chelsea appaz offering more wages, longer contract and higher agent fees

Of course they are.

They’ll probably offer him a 10 year contract on £200k+ a week, and we absolutely shouldn’t try to beat it or even match it.

I’d rather we go down the Brighton route (or Arsenal if you like) and sign a pile of other young players on lower fees with lower wages, safe in the knowledge that we’ll reward them with high end contracts if they achieve.

If that means we spend a few seasons out of CL - so be it - not ideal, but them’s the breaks.

I think Lavia has great potential - but these offers are getting out of hand.

Go to Real with £100m and you’ll get Valverde, Bayern will likely sell Gravenberch for way less. We know Thuram & Kone will likely go for under Lavia’s fee; try Everton & Palace for Onana or Doucoure, sign Oliseh if his clause is £35m.

Pick someone else, get it done, let Chelsea fuck around with stupid wages and agent fees till their hearts are content (though, we’re quite happy to grease agent palms ourselves - we’re one of the bigger spenders in that field).

Pick a club that’ll see value in doing a deal without being twats about it and pick a player that’s both good and young enough to be developable into top tier.

Oh the drama of it all….

Of course they are.

They’ll probably offer him a 10 year contract on £200k+ a week, and we absolutely shouldn’t try to beat it or even match it.

I’d rather we go down the Brighton route (or Arsenal if you like) and sign a pile of other young players on lower fees with lower wages, safe in the knowledge that we’ll reward them with high end contracts if they achieve.

If that means we spend a few seasons out of CL - so be it - not ideal, but them’s the breaks.

I think Lavia has great potential - but these offers are getting out of hand.

Go to Real with £100m and you’ll get Valverde, Bayern will likely sell Gravenberch for way less. We know Thuram & Kone will likely go for under Lavia’s fee; try Everton & Palace for Onana or Doucoure, sign Oliseh if his clause is £35m.

Pick someone else, get it done, let Chelsea fuck around with stupid wages and agent fees till their hearts are content (though, we’re quite happy to grease agent palms ourselves - we’re one of the bigger spenders in that field).

Pick a club that’ll see value in doing a deal without being twats about it and pick a player that’s both good and young enough to be developable into top tier.

Oh the drama of it all….

You ain't going to believe this but I 100% agree with you, but am actually more confident that if we bought some young ones who have experience of playing the DM role -we can turn them into world-beaters within 6 months. I was never sold on Caicedo, - but Lavia I was sold on. I want us to do a Brighton, and then happily watch Chelsea get fucked over each week and watch the careers of Caicedo and Lavia nose dive into an abyss.

Lots of Love @StevieM

We had a free run at him for about 5 weeks and faffed about the entire time.

We tried to get them to drop their price - that’s not faffing about.

You were on about how you reckon you’d make a good negotiator (which I’m sure was tongue in cheek) - well, you absolutely wouldn’t if your method was to give everyone what they wanted.

I have no problem with us haggling a little bit and trying to get So’ton down on price. It probably wasn’t going to work, but you have to at least try.

You ain't going to believe this but I 100% agree with you, but am actually more confident that if we bought some young ones who have experience of playing the DM role -we can turn them into world-beaters within 6 months. I was never sold on Caicedo, - but Lavia I was sold on. I want us to do a Brighton, and then happily watch Chelsea get fucked over each week and watch the careers of Caicedo and Lavia nose dive into an abyss.

Lots of Love @StevieM

You’ll make a Top Red yet!!!

He’s off to Chelsea - we only have ourselves to blame for not wrapping this up when we had the chance

He’s off to Chelsea - we only have ourselves to blame for not wrapping this up when we had the chance
"Sorry for fucking up Jurgen, I almost had it!! Ah well, onto plan B...I mean C, forgot I fucked up B aswell didn't I? Useless cunt that I am"

30790094-hoert-auf-joerg-schmadtke-3Eec.jpg

He’s no better than Bajčetić so no big deal on that front. Will probably force us to consider all the options we have which normally produces the best in us.

The real problem here is how anybody who watched Henderson and Fabinho struggle last season ever thought a 19 year old with 29 or so league games would be the difference. Not only that but also be blindsided by offers for both.

When Schmadtke was appointed, seasoned Bundesliga-watchers got their popcorn and plonked into the front row seats.

He’s no better than Bajčetić so no big deal on that front. Will probably force us to consider all the options we have which normally produces the best in us.

The real problem here is how anybody who watched Henderson and Fabinho struggle last season ever thought a 19 year old with 29 or so league games would be the difference. Not only that but also be blindsided by offers for both.

When Schmadtke was appointed, seasoned Bundesliga-watchers got their popcorn and plonked into the front row seats.

I don't think the 19 year old was going to be the only solution, as we expected to keep Fab. We clearly need two players that can do that DM role, one older more experienced and in addition to that a Lavia type - but that might not be necessary anymore as he has fucked off to Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom