• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Darwin Nunez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nunez is nowhere near worth that sort of money. 85M is almost Mbappe level and he’s only played one good season in a mediocre league. Not convinced. Hope I’m wrong.

Has Edwards not taught his protege anything ??

One thing in his favour would be that in 3-4 years he'll still only be 25ish and should have good sell-on value if we need to.

I await the unenviable comparisons between nunez and haaland.

Hopefully the Norwegian prick is shite when he's not the main man

My 9yr old lad reckons he's mint. Apparently he's shot up from 76 to 82 in the FIFA rankings.....:whistle:

I await the unenviable comparisons between nunez and haaland.

Hopefully the Norwegian prick is shite when he's not the main man
Well out of the two I know which one I'd rather snog..... I've been happily married for 20 yrs but a guy like Nunez can really turn a guys head....

Well out of the two I know which one I'd rather snog..... I've been happily married for 20 yrs but a guy like Nunez can really turn a guys head....

51TCgQWAxrL.jpg

Is this guy going to be our centre forward then? Can't he play wide too? Sorry, I don't know that much about him really. I see he's fast and physically strong on the ball, which bodes well. Makes you wonder whether Jota is primarily seen as the 4th striker at the club and the initial idea that he would replace Firmino seems a bit premature. When Jota is good he's really good, but he's been poor for a few months after his injury. As far as overall play, he doesn't have as near the same impact as Mane and Diaz do, so you can see why he's more of an option than a nailed on starter. So I'm guessing the "preferred" three will be Diaz, Nunez and Salah?

Is this guy going to be our centre forward then? Can't he play wide too? Sorry, I don't know that much about him really. I see he's fast and physically strong on the ball, which bodes well. Makes you wonder whether Jota is primarily seen as the 4th striker at the club and the initial idea that he would replace Firmino seems a bit premature. When Jota is good he's really good, but he's been poor for a few months after his injury. As far as overall play, he doesn't have as near the same impact as Mane and Diaz do, so you can see why he's more of an option than a nailed on starter. So I'm guessing the "preferred" three will be Diaz, Nunez and Salah?
Yep, Nunez can play LWF, but he looks unnatural out there and with Diaz and Jota present I'll be amazed if we see it. Nunez will surely be exclusively at 9 meaning Jota is going to be locked in competition with Diaz and Nunez. Still think he's got loads to offer, especially if he rediscovers his goal-scoring. It's not unthinkable that he out scores and out performs either of them next season, IMO.

Think Bobby is more at risk of getting sidelined to a Origi role.

Last edited:
Nunez is nowhere near worth that sort of money. 85M is almost Mbappe level and he’s only played one good season in a mediocre league. Not convinced. Hope I’m wrong.

Has Edwards not taught his protege anything ??

A summer ago we wouldn't have bid anything more than 40 m for this guy. We gave up Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, and more, even though they all cost less.

But Mane leaving, a United bid, two goals against us, and a world wide shortage of No. 9s and suddenly we are paying 85m? It's madness

Yep, Nunez can play LWF, but he looks unnatural out there and with Diaz and Jota present I'll be amazed if we see it. Nunez will surely be exclusively at 9 meaning Jota is going to be locked in competition with Diaz and Nunez. Still think he's got loads to offer, especially if he rediscovers his goal-scoring. It's not unthinkable that he out scores out performs either of them next season, IMO.

Think Bobby is more at risk of getting sidelined to a Origi role.

One good thing I've noticed about him is that he is very two footed, so he could potentially play right wing when Salah leaves. Diaz. Jota. Nunez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom