• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton Away - 1st Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=47004.msg1404974#msg1404974 date=1316978924]
Bellamy's a scrapper. Just what we need against The Shite.
[/quote]

*nods*

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=47004.msg1404974#msg1404974 date=1316978924]
Bellamy's a scrapper. Just what we need against The Shite.
[/quote]

he is, but i'd want him running full pelt at tired legs as the game progressed.

If Benderson starts ahead of Kuyt, well I, well, well I'll come on here and have a ruddy good moan about it.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47004.msg1404973#msg1404973 date=1316978827]
I can't see Barcelona signing Carroll as well
[/quote]
Ha!

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=47004.msg1405007#msg1405007 date=1316981810]
Same team as yesterday only Kuyt coming in for Hendo.

Betcha.
[/quote]

I think so too. Henderson may wee himself in the derby I fear

Betcha.
[/quote]

Yep. Agreed.

Betcha.
[/quote]

I think kenny will play the exact same team.

Yep, same team with Dirk coming in for Henderson. If Kuyt doesn't start in the derby i'll be fucking livid. He has had some very good games against Everton in the past and is strong competitor and will be up for it. He know's the derby inside out and know's what it feels like to score the winner in it. He also know's how much it means to the locals. Get Kuyt on the right, up front, where ever, just give him the start Kenny. I would like to point out it's not a Henderson Vs Kuyt thing with me. I really want Jordon to succeed and I think he will with time but maybe he/we would benefit from him taking it in from the sidelines next Saturday.

Gerrard can be left on the bench as insurance. His arrival will lift the team as a whole and he should come on for the last half hour to replace the then heavy legged Adam. Bellamy is another weapon in our arsenal to come off the bench in the second half to install fear in the bitters. He'll get in their face and in his short time here he looks to have a nice understanding with Enrique on the over lap. Lucas will have a big game for us too btw and I hope someone does Screech (dirty prick).

Kenny will hardly surprise us and throw Jay in? Saying that I think Adam will start and do okay. One thing that can't be questioned is his attitude and commitment. He really does want to do well here. He may turn like milk and play like an indulgent jerk at times but he's always up for it and won't hide in the derby. However he will give away a million stupid free kicks. Lucas is finally trying to cut that aspect out of his game and has somehow passed the mantle onto Chuck Adam.

Andy has a big chance to win over his critics with a big game. He showed hunger and desire over the weekend and I hope he carries this forward to Sunday. I hope even just once he get's an opportunity to arrive late into the box and attack a header. Suarez will be Suarez, moments of sublime technical ability fused with short tempered outbursts. Yeah he's a cunt at times but he's our cunt. Plus we don't want a team of nice guys. I hope he keeps his head and put's Everton to the sword and allows his feet to do the talking. Perhaps try cut down on the moody gesticulations every few minutes Luis. He'll get his chance to play with Gerrard for the last half an hour and i'm excited to watch that partnership blossom.

I'm not the biggest Skrtel fan in the world but he obviously plays alongside Carra. Skrtel is player who likes to make a tackle when standing up is the better option. He can't help it and it's a risky game. I'm sure we'll see plenty of shirt tugging in the box and for the love of god can someone pick Cahill up for every set piece. How many times has he hurt us with his movement in the box? No Arteta to supply the set pieces but Baines is one of the best in the business from dead ball situations so Adam, Lucas and Skrtel need to ensure they stay on their feet. Baines is a fantastic player but Dirk will slow up his game and give him headaches at the other end also.

I think we'll win. It could be a big moment for us and kick us into gear for our top four push. I know its the Derby so it will obviously be fast and furious but I do hope to see a high tempo from the off. Win the ball high up in dangerous areas and show some testicular fortitude. Can't ask for much more than that.

Who will be the obligatory sending off?

[quote author=The_Rule link=topic=47004.msg1404892#msg1404892 date=1316964057]
Gerrard is match fit. He should start and if he doesn't Kenny's doing a big mistake. Lucas and Adam will get us beaten.
[/quote]

And you now this about SG how exactly? Tell the truth . You havnt a fucking clue!

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47004.msg1405030#msg1405030 date=1316988761]
Adam will get sent off

Perhaps rodwell for them too
[/quote]

Nah Gnarles Barkley for them will go Craaaaaaaaaaaazy and get his marching orders.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=47004.msg1405028#msg1405028 date=1316987815]
Yep, same team with Dirk coming in for Henderson. If Kuyt doesn't start in the derby i'll be fucking livid. He has had some very good games against Everton in the past and is strong competitor and will be up for it. He know's the derby inside out and know's what it feels like to score the winner in it. He also know's how much it means to the locals. Get Kuyt on the right, up front, where ever, just give him the start Kenny. I would like to point out it's not a Henderson Vs Kuyt thing with me. I really want Jordon to succeed and I think he will with time but maybe he/we would benefit from him taking it in from the sidelines next Saturday.

Gerrard can be left on the bench as insurance. His arrival will lift the team as a whole and he should come on for the last half hour to replace the then heavy legged Adam. Bellamy is another weapon in our arsenal to come off the bench in the second half to install fear in the bitters. He'll get in their face and in his short time here he looks to have a nice understanding with Enrique on the over lap. Lucas will have a big game for us too btw and I hope someone does Screech (dirty prick).

Kenny will hardly surprise us and throw Jay in? Saying that I think Adam will start and do okay. One thing that can't be questioned is his attitude and commitment. He really does want to do well here. He may turn like milk and play like an indulgent jerk at times but he's always up for it and won't hide in the derby. However he will give away a million stupid free kicks. Lucas is finally trying to cut that aspect out of his game and has somehow passed the mantle onto Chuck Adam.

Andy has a big chance to win over his critics with a big game. He showed hunger and desire over the weekend and I hope he carries this forward to Sunday. I hope even just once he get's an opportunity to arrive late into the box and attack a header. Suarez will be Suarez, moments of sublime technical ability fused with short tempered outbursts. Yeah he's a cunt at times but he's our cunt. Plus we don't want a team of nice guys. I hope he keeps his head and put's Everton to the sword and allows his feet to do the talking. Perhaps try cut down on the moody gesticulations every few minutes Luis. He'll get his chance to play with Gerrard for the last half an hour and i'm excited to watch that partnership blossom.

I'm not the biggest Skrtel fan in the world but he obviously plays alongside Carra. Skrtel is player who likes to make a tackle when standing up is the better option. He can't help it and it's a risky game. I'm sure we'll see plenty of shirt tugging in the box and for the love of god can someone pick Cahill up for every set piece. How many times has he hurt us with his movement in the box? No Arteta to supply the set pieces but Baines is one of the best in the business from dead ball situations so Adam, Lucas and Skrtel need to ensure they stay on their feet. Baines is a fantastic player but Dirk will slow up his game and give him headaches at the other end also.

I think we'll win. It could be a big moment for us and kick us into gear for our top four push. I know its the Derby so it will obviously be fast and furious but I do hope to see a high tempo from the off. Win the ball high up in dangerous areas and show some testicular fortitude. Can't ask for much more than that.

Who will be the obligatory sending off?
[/quote]

That's some Boss posting, right there !

---------------------------Reina--------------------------

Kelly---------Carra----------Skrtel----------Enrique

Bellamy------Kuyt*---------Adam---------Downing

--------------Suarez----------Carroll-------------

* There ain't nothing Lucas can do as a defensive midfielder that Kuyt couldn't do better.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=47004.msg1405156#msg1405156 date=1317045277]

* There ain't nothing Lucas can do as a defensive midfielder that Kuyt couldn't do better.
[/quote]

True.

Weird but... yeah... true.

[/quote]

Laughable

[quote author=Molbystwin link=topic=47004.msg1405159#msg1405159 date=1317045443]

[/quote]

True.

Weird but... yeah... true.
[/quote]

it's not true at all.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47004.msg1405165#msg1405165 date=1317045967]

[/quote]

Laughable
[/quote]

Was Skrtel at right back against Gareth Bale equally laughable or was that acceptable in your opinion?

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=47004.msg1405174#msg1405174 date=1317047029]
Was Skrtel at right back against Gareth Bale equally laughable or was that acceptable in your opinion?
[/quote]

I thought it was a stupid decision meself. Difference is - what options did we have available at the time ? Of those we had, Carra would have made much more sense. Suggesting Kuyt in midfield ahead of the options of Lucas, Spearing and even Connor Coady is just farcical. Having pondered on it I think we need to play 3 in midfield myself against the shite. If Gerrards fit enough then Lucas, Adam and Gerrard. If not, likely Lucas, Adam and Spearing.

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=47004.msg1405176#msg1405176 date=1317047153]
So because of one experiment that failed badly, you're suggesting we take on another one doomed for failure?
[/quote]

120 games of Lucas at CM has proved disastrous. I'm that desperate to see Lucas benched that I'm prepared to take my chances on Kuyt - he has all the assets required of a DM.

I'm 90% sure Lucas will have a poor game against Everton, I'm 50% sure Kuyt would do a good job in CM for us - it's worth the risk.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47004.msg1405179#msg1405179 date=1317047314]
[/quote]

I thought it was a stupid decision meself. Difference is - what options did we have available at the time ? Of those we had, Carra would have made much more sense. Suggesting Kuyt in midfield ahead of the options of Lucas, Spearing and even Connor Coady is just farcical. Having pondered on it I think we need to play 3 in midfield myself against the shite. If Gerrards fit enough then Lucas, Adam and Gerrard. If not, likely Lucas, Adam and Spearing.
[/quote]

What DM attributes do you think Kuyt lacks?

Every time you talk about Lucas, it makes me forget that you generally seem to know what you're talking about.

Everyone has a blind spot I suppose.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=47004.msg1405183#msg1405183 date=1317047742]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47004.msg1405179#msg1405179 date=1317047314]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What DM attributes do you think Kuyt lacks?
[/quote]

Positioning and Experience mainly. It's not his position Pesam and there are others far more suited to playing DM/CM even if you take Lucas out of the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom