• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He’ll Slot right in

IMG-20240424-WA0002.jpg

I sought some reassurance from AI tonight that Slots a good fit. Not sure this will catch or that I'm reassured.....

To to the tune of the Netherlands shittest musical export The Venga Boys "we're going to Ibiza"

(Verse)
🎶 Hey now, here’s a story, about Arne Slot,
He’s the boss at Liverpool, giving all he’s got!
Van Dijk leads the line, a captain so grand,
With Gakpo and Gravenberch, they’re the best in the land! 🎶

(Chorus)
🎶 Whoa! Off to win the quad, whoa!
Under Slot's command, they're never flawed,
Whoa! With the Dutchies in the game,
Liverpool’s glory, we proclaim! 🎶

(Bridge)
🎶 Dutch bikes and windmills, at Anfield they cheer,
From tulips to trophies, their aim is quite clear!
Van den Berg steps up, in the red parade,
Together they’re charging, no need for a crusade! 🎶

(Chorus Repeat)
🎶 Whoa! Off to win the quad, whoa!
With Slot at the helm, the Kop applauds,
Whoa! With the Dutchies in full swing,
It’s a Liverpool party, let's sing! 🎶

View: https://twitter.com/BassTunedToRed/status/1783201845001007375

Feyenoord coach no fan of Mourinho’s Roma style
Roma beat Feyenoord in the Conference League Final last season and they meet again in the Europa League, but coach Arne Slot is no fan of their football.

These sides met in Tirana last year for the Conference League Final, which was won by the Giallorossi thanks to a goal from Nicolò Zaniolo.

They are reunited in the quarter-final of the Europa League on Thursday evening with the first leg in Rotterdam.

Speaking about the comparison between the side that won a year ago and this iteration of Roma, Feyenoord coach Slot was scathing.

“Roma still have the same coach and Jose Mourinho still plays in the same way. The only change is that they have picked up three good players like Paulo Dybala, Nemanja Matic and Gini Wijnaldum.

“Their style of football achieves results, but I prefer to watch Manchester City and Napoli. I’m very honest on that.”

Why furious Mourinho told Feyenoord coach: ‘Go to watch Napoli’
Sky Sport Italia claims José Mourinho chased Feyenoord boss Arne Slot inside the Stadio Olimpico tunnel last night, shouting ‘respect’ and ‘go to watch Napoli.’

The Giallorossi have earned a spot in the Europa League semi-finals by beating Feyenoord 4-2 on penalties in the quarter-finals.

There had been tension before the match, with Feyenoord coach Slot admitting he wasn’t a fan of Mourinho’s playing style.

“Their style of football achieves results, but I prefer to watch Manchester City and Napoli. I’m very honest on that,” he said last week.

According to Sky Italia, Mourinho didn’t hold back as soon as Roma secured a 4-2 penalty shootout win at the Stadio Olimpico on Thursday night. The Portuguese reportedly chased Slot, who had refused to shake hands on the touchline.

Once inside the tunnel, Mourinho shouted: ‘Respect’ and ‘Go to watch Napoli, watch Napoli now.’

The Special One looked on fire after the final whistle and even gifted a Conference League keyring to a Dutch journalist during his post-match press conference.

Later on, the video of the incident has emerged online and you can watch it below.

View: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=232853272741922

View: https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1783196804261003574

Last edited:
Slot is on record* as saying the player he most admires in world football and dreams of building a team round is Curtis Jones.

*Record temporarily** unavailable

**May be permanently temporarily unavailable
Well why didn't you tell me this before ? Now I am gonna look like a right plonker if I show any like towards Slot.

That Kloppo is some planner. He's turning us to gash, so we can welcome a new Messiah Slotto with open arms!

Sorry… It was in the Top Top Red Forum.

Don’t worry though, I’m sure you’ll find another way to look like a right plonker.
I try my best - it makes this site entertaining and also saves many of us from the boredom arse kissing of the top top reds.

Ah, the repeat of the ol' benitez/mourinho dance

That's a shame

“I certainly don't want to compare myself to Pep, but he is a control freak just like me,” Slot said in an interview with Voetbal International in May 2023.

“If I look at myself, I try to win a match in the week before it is played, by conveying the training, pre-match team talks and tactics to the players as perfectly as possible.”

He said previously watching Guardiola's teams gives him the "ultimate joy in football".

“There is no team in the world I would rather watch than Manchester City, followed by Napoli, Arsenal and Brighton," added Slot."

Watching City bores me to death.

“I certainly don't want to compare myself to Pep, but he is a control freak just like me,” Slot said in an interview with Voetbal International in May 2023.

“If I look at myself, I try to win a match in the week before it is played, by conveying the training, pre-match team talks and tactics to the players as perfectly as possible.”

He said previously watching Guardiola's teams gives him the "ultimate joy in football".

“There is no team in the world I would rather watch than Manchester City, followed by Napoli, Arsenal and Brighton," added Slot."

Watching City bores me to death.

So basically we are going get one of those Pep Wanabe managers rather than someone who will bring new and unique ideas to the table and an identifying style that makes us slightly different. Fuck this.

Back
Top Bottom