• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He’ll Slot right in

Reports are he's being a bit greedy and ruled himself out of both West Ham and us.

I'm sensing the wanker in him is strong. You do need a collaborative personality to do well with us. Being all about the $ wouldn't go down well.

Slot seems to be a good move. Wonder what issue with Amorim is?

Read somewhere Slot had to do a total season rebuild this year.
Amorim probably wants us to sign players to fit his system of play.

I'd rather we had a coach who came in and dis the coaching. Improving the players we have and adding value to the existing players too.

maybe Amorim wants more control.

I know we sort of went off the boil a bit when we gave free reign to Klopp and Pep over who to buy. Edwards will sort us out

Reports are he's being a bit greedy and wants 10m a year and ruled himself out of both West Ham and us.
More like he came over for talks with West Ham with no intention of taking up their job offer on the chance of bluffing £10m a year from us. We've not blinked and now he's gone back home not wanting the West Ham job and seeing the LFC job go to Arnie

Last edited:
I see Slot had AZ Fecking Alkmaar winning the league in 2020, but then Covid happened. For perspective they've won it twice in over 100 years?

The Bloke knows how to win. He clearly has a little of the special sauce.

Last edited:
More like he came over for talks with West Ham with no intention of taking up their job in the chance of bluffing £10m a year from us. We've not blinked and now he's gone back home with no intention of taking the West Ham job and seeing the LFC job go to Arnie

Yeah, major character flaw there.

I see Slot had AL Fecking Alkmaar winning the league in 2020, but then Covid happened. For perspective they've won it twice in over 100 years?

The Bloke knows how to win.
Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF

I feel like for now, the era of top managers bouncing from top club to top club are gone. There's no "generational" managers on the market.

Now it's the era of "The next similar to us stylistically, successful manager from another league" era.

I think every PL club is going in this direction.

And Klopp coming to a historic club like ours, was really a surprise, unlikely to be repeated. We didn't tend to attract the cream of the crop.

Absolutely, I also take into account where they finished the season before and by what margin they won the title......for sure it makes for impressive reading for Amorim.

But Feye lost a lot of players themselves that same summer? They almost lost half a team and had to rebuild.

Lost - Sinisterra, Senesi, Malacia, Aurnses, Toornstra, Dessers, Til

Signed Mats Wieffer for 700k from a 2nd division side and he went straight into the first team, that's crazy business.
Yeah I came across all these impressive rebuilding and player development bits while bolding all those articles but can’t help wondering surely the title win (some gloss taken away by the weakening of rivals imo) was a big factor in his enhanced reputation and attractiveness. Let’s hope it’s gonna be an inspired move.

Amorim probably wants us to sign players to fit his system of play.

I'd rather we had a coach who came in and dis the coaching. Improving the players we have and adding value to the existing players too.

maybe Amorim wants more control.

I know we sort of went off the boil a bit when we gave free reign to Klopp and Pep over who to buy. Edwards will sort us out

Amorim does have good talent ID though. Fought to get Palhinha back when Sporting (initially) said no.

You know, I haven't met a single PSV or Feyenoord fan online who doesn't think the world of Arne Slot. (I can't find any Ajax fans strangely)

Just like Amorim, he's really seen as the best thing ever to happen to Feyenoord. They all say he's nothing like Ten Hag. Even rival fans love him (they all hate Ten Hag)

Considering Arne's face looks like my baby's bottom, I think that is impressive.

You know, I haven't met a single PSV or Feyenoord fan online who doesn't think the world of Arne Slot. (I can't find any Ajax fans strangely)

Just like Amorim, he's really seen as the best thing ever to happen to Feyenoord. They all say he's nothing like Ten Hag. Even rival fans love him (they all hate Ten Hag)

Considering Arne's face looks like my baby's bottom, I think that is impressive.
You don't think your own babies bottom is cute? You're a fucking animal.

I feel like for now, the era of top managers bouncing from top club to top club are gone. There's no "generational" managers on the market.

Now it's the era of "The next similar to us stylistically, successful manager from another league" era.

I think every PL club is going in this direction.

And Klopp coming to a historic club like ours, was really a surprise, unlikely to be repeated. We didn't tend to attract the cream of the crop.
I can’t think of a single top manager that’s out there which we could get like when we were able to get Klopp.

The only serial winners are ancelloti (blue nosed cunt) and Guardiola (dog shagging cunt). Next down the tiers is Alonso who we know is now holding out for the Madrid job in 12 months.

So leave it to those at the club who has the job to see who is best.

More like he came over for talks with West Ham with no intention of taking up their job in the chance of bluffing £10m a year from us. We've not blinked and now he's gone back home with no intention of taking the West Ham job and seeing the LFC job go to Arnie
1713975582431.jpeg
What did I say?

Gambled and lost

I can’t think of a single top manager that’s out there which we could get like when we were able to get Klopp.

The only serial winners are ancelloti (blue nosed cunt) and Guardiola (dog shagging cunt). Next down the tiers is Alonso who we know is now holding out for the Madrid job in 12 months.

So leave it to those at the club who has the job to see who is best.

Alonso has even less experience than Slot.

Arne Slot may be the perfect fit for Liverpool – here are the statistics that show why

Liverpool’s resurgence under Jürgen Klopp was aided by the smart implementation of data and Arne Slot’s emergence as a viable successor suggests the club are once again looking at the numbers.

The Dutch coach guided Feyenoord to their first league title in six years last season, breaking up Ajax’s period of dominance with aggressive, high-octane attacking football.

It certainly sounds an analogue for the ‘heavy metal’ style beloved by Klopp, but Slot has also studied Pep Guardiola’s training methods and emphasis on control through possession.

A fusion of the two approaches sounds intoxicating, though how Slot’s football would scale up to the sharp end of the Premier League is unknown.

This is the statistical case that may have persuaded Liverpool to move for a relatively left-field managerial option.

Defending from the front
Liverpool tactical identity under Klopp has been built upon ‘gegenpressing’, hounding opponents both when they build up and in the seconds after Liverpool have lost possession. Since Slot was appointed in 2021, Feyenoord have won possession in the final third more than any team in Europe’s top five leagues plus the Eredivisie 722 times. The team just behind them? Liverpool at 706. Over the same period, Feyenoord and Liverpool rank first and second for high turnovers won, and also take the top two places for pressed sequences (though Liverpool are on top in this metric).

Untitled.jpg

Creating from turnovers
Klopp famously said that no playmaker in the world is as good as a well-executed counter-pressing situation, with Liverpool’s off-the-ball work an attacking weapon as well as a defensive one. Slot’s Feyenoord rank first across Europe’s top five leagues plus the Eredivisie for high turnovers resulting in shots with 201. Liverpool rank fourth in this metric with 182. Feyenoord have scored the most goals from high turnovers with 29, exceeding Liverpool’s 17. Both teams have scored 19 goals from direct attacks in league football since the start of the 2021-22 league season.

Untitled2.jpg

High defensive live
Pressurising teams high up the pitch requires defenders who are comfortable squeezing in behind their midfielders and attackers, even if it comes with the risk of leaving opponents space in behind. This is something Liverpool defenders Ibrahima Konaté and Virgil van Dijk excel at. One way of measuring the height or aggression of a team’s defending is start distance, which measures how far upfield a team’s open play sequences start in metres.

Untitled3.jpg

Across Europe’s top five leagues plus the Eredivisie since 2021, Feyenoord and Liverpool’s start distance is near-identical at 44.9 and 44.6 metres respectively. Only Manchester City have recorded a higher start distance. Liverpool have enjoyed more sequences of 10 or more passes than Slot’s Feyenoord. Liverpool’s passes per defensive action (see below)has been 9.7 to Feynoord’s 10.4, suggesting similar levels of intensity out of possession.

Untitled4.jpg

Expected goal over-performance
Since the start of the 2021-22 season, Liverpool have scored the third most goals in Europe’s top five leagues plus the Eredivisie with 244. Slot’s Feyenoord are just behind them with 234. Much like Liverpool at their peak under Klopp between 2018 and 2022, Slot’s team have shown signs that they can consistently score more goals than their expected goals produced suggests. This is generally viewed as a negative, with diminishing returns expected further down the line, but Liverpool use more advanced, cutting-edge tools to measure chance quality. They will hope Slot has shown a capacity to produce the hefty goalscoring haul required to challenge City.

Untitled5.jpg

=====

Untitled6.jpg

Untitled7.jpg

======

View: https://twitter.com/OptaJohan/status/1782130649316413885

Untitled8.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom