• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let’s take them up the Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where’s the match thread?

Home game against the league leaders, surely we will lift and Anfield will play a part.

Fancy us to win.

Ali
TAA
Kanote
VVD
Robertson
Curtis
Henderson
Elliot
Salah
Nunez
Gakpo
I really don't understand the point of CJ. He is the only player I know who will dribble past two players and still end up going backwards. We really are missing Spanish Steve.
I think it's time to give Melo a go.
----------------------Ali-------------------
Trent-----Konate-----VVD----Robbo
----------Fabs------Melo------------
----------------Hendo------------------
Salah----------Jota-----------------Gakpo

I'd happily sacrifice one attacker for another MF but Klopp's not gonna do that

Who the fuck is Kanote? Isn't he a striker who retired about 10 years ago?

Nothing to play for, so why not experiment with the side?

Would be refreshing to actually see something different.

Ali
Gomez Matip Virgil
Trent Milner Melo Robbo
Salah Carvalho
Nunez

If we lose only 0-5 then that is a good outcome. We are toss. They are electric. Prepare for a rimming.

Nothing to play for, so why not experiment with the side?

Would be refreshing to actually see something different.

Ali
Gomez Matip Virgil
Trent Milner Melo Robbo
Salah Carvalho
Nunez
But Klopp/Pep L won't. I'd like someone at the press conference to ask him why he persists with the Highline and 4-3-3 despite it being a failure this season

Last edited:
But Klopp/Pep L won't. I'd lobe someone at the press conference to ask him why he persists with the Highline and 4-3-3 dspite it being a failure
Because that's how he wants his team to play?
Because that's how he's been able to achieve the success he has?
Because that's how he's become 1 of the best managers in the world?

All the best managers need to be backed, I don't think Klopp would be able to take that Legends XI to a top 4 or winning a trophy any time soon.

Because that's how he wants his team to play?
Because that's how he's been able to achieve the success he has?
Because that's how he's become 1 of the best managers in the world?
Well not this season. It's exposed the frailties of an ageing and sometimes uninterested side. Next season with reinforcements, yep, try again but right now he needs to play the low block

Well not this season. It's exposed the frailties of an ageing and sometimes uninterested side. Next season with reinforcements, yep, try again but right now he needs to play the low block
What's a low block? 11 men behind the ball? How is that going to work when for the last 6-7 years we've been a get after the ball and hunt type side?

Do you really think if we play a "low block" go into a game not to lose, this team won't still concede a hatful of chances and get beat?

What's a low block? 11 men behind the ball? How is that going to work when for the last 6-7 years we've been a get after the ball and hunt type side?

When you concede as many goals as we do, then a defensive style has to opted for. We have 10 games left, I just don't fancy losing anymore

When you concede as many goals as we do, then a defensive style has to opted for. We have 10 games left, I just don't fancy losing anymore
We tried it at Brighton and Wolves and got pummelled. We sat back and let them have the ball.

Doesn't matter what approach you set up with, if you have any many error prone brainless twats in your side as we do...you're gonna get beat.

Why don't you think sides like West Ham Leicester Leeds Southampton Chelsea don't change their styles even when it's not working?

Vs the number of times we got pummeled playing an offensive line-up?
Well I can tell you this, we've won all our games going out trying to win games vs the number of times we've sat back and watch other teams pass around us. The 7-0 v Utd never would've happened if we just let them play in front of us.

Also you say we've conceded so many goals yet we have a better defensive record than Brighton Spurs & Utd.....

Go have a look at stats like how much KM per game we cover.....can tell you now it's bottom 3.

It's bad but I don't actually care whether we win or lose at this point.

We're not going to make the CL - the teams above us are much better and more consistent.

Ideally we won't be playing in either of the shit tier European competitions next season but then finishing properly midtable is pretty embarrassing / damning as well.

I'd be more interested in watching us if there was the prospect of some excitement or even better some young gun from the youth team about to break out but there is nothing - just the same old tired jaded faces.

Anyways, have a great day everyone!

Klopp rested some players and they plus Virgil be be back, no question. No matter how much I check our squads I''m not finding anyone new. Sigh.

----------------------Ali-------------------
Trent-----Konate-----VvD----Robbo
----------Fabs------Hendo------------
------------------ Gakpo -----------------
Salah-----------Jota-----------------Nunez

No point sitting back. No point attacking unless we play my team (I've hinted at this numerous times but Klopp refuses to take the bait). Gakpo seems well suited to AM to me - he holds onto the ball under pressure better than anyone else in our team bar Thiago. Diaz won't be ready but maybe we'll see him get 10-15 mins?

Milner was pretty awful too when he came on vs Chelsea. He'll get passed around so only the bench for him. Maybe Carvalho can get more than splinters this game.

All of our youngsters that I'd like to see get a run out seem to have caught the injuryitis from the 1st team (Bajcetic, Ramsay, Doak, Gordon).

It's bad but I don't actually care whether we win or lose at this point.

We're not going to make the CL - the teams above us are much better and more consistent.

Ideally we won't be playing in either of the shit tier European competitions next season but then finishing properly midtable is pretty embarrassing / damning as well.

I'd be more interested in watching us if there was the prospect of some excitement or even better some young gun from the youth team about to break out but there is nothing - just the same old tired jaded faces.

Anyways, have a great day everyone!

It's been a while since I felt this unenthused about a late season match against a title contender. I mean, I hope we win, but it's tough to get excited about watching.

The "same old tired jaded faces" includes me too.

-------------------------Alisson--------------------------
--Trent-----Konate----------VVD--------Robertson---
-------------Melo-------------Fabinho------------------
---------------------Jones----------------------
---Salah--------------------------------Gakpo
--------------------Nunez---------------------

Agree with others - it's hard to give a shit, especially when it's evident that Klopp is out of ideas. We've been going through the motions for months.

Any team that does not include both Henderson and Fabinho is fine by me.

Last edited:
-------------------------Alisson--------------------------
--Trent-----Konate----------VVD--------Robertson---
-------------Melo-------------Fabinho------------------
---------------------Jones----------------------
---Salah--------------------------------Gakpo
--------------------Nunez---------------------

Agree with others - it's hard to give a shit, especially when it's evident that Klopp is out of idea. We've been going through the motions for months.

Any team that does not include both Henderson and Fabinho is fine by me.
I’m not going to disagree with that side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom