• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let’s take them up the Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt read much into it given its the second day of recovery training. If they arent in training tomorrow then its more of a worry.

-------------------Ali
Gomez-Konate-VvD-Robertson
Elliott --- Fabinho ---- Thiago
Salah ---- Nunez ----- Diaz

Thiago may not be fit but I don't ever want to see Hendo start at LCM again waddling around shouting at his teammates with a bemused look on his face. Front 3 because those are the 3 quickest most direct attackers we have, we don't have the creativity for subtle link play to unpick the lock, we need to go back to get the ball into the front players early when they have room to take a player on and cut inside. Elliott and Thiago give us that ability.

I think Gakpo could be quicker than Salah now. He's deceptively fast and great at ball retention.

OK if Thiago and Diaz are fit to start (though more likely they'll come on after 60-70 mins to try to save the game) I'll change my line up to :

Trent-Konate-VvD-Robertson
------- Fabinho ---- Thiago
--------------- Gakpo
Salah ------- Nunez ----- Diaz

I think Gakpo could be quicker than Salah now. He's deceptively fast and great at ball retention.

I think Salah has him beat for top speed when fresh, and is significantly quicker, i.e. accelerates faster.

The fact that we are having this discussion when the consensus on here was that gakpo was slow is hilarious. It's also telling about Salah, whose slight loss of pace has removed a massive part of his threat.

Virgil is fit. Diaz might be saved for Leeds. Thiago could be back. Nothing else of note from Klopps presser. The other players are fit I assume.

I think Salah has him beat for top speed when fresh, and is significantly quicker, i.e. accelerates faster.

The fact that we are having this discussion when the consensus on here was that gakpo was slow is hilarious. It's also telling about Salah, whose slight loss of pace has removed a massive part of his threat.
The perception here on Gakpo's pace was proven to be conclusively wrong so that's hardly a barometer worthy of consideration :D

Possibly true over longer distance but I'd take Mo over 10m-20m for his ability to run at defenders carrying the ball, Gakpo doesnt have that. But that's not even the issue, it's that for the RWF slot it's basically Mo or Elliott. And that's not even a contest. If Gakpo is to be part of the 3 it's at CF or LWF he's not competing against Mo.

Salah, Jota and Gomez arent injured. Just had an extra rest and recovery day yesterday.

Am I reading this correctly Arthur got a second day of rest and recovery after his second full match on the bench?

you couldn’t make this up!

Reactions: jan
If Jota starts ahead of gakpo or nunez, then there's literally no fucking point

Discuss.

(Ignore Ramsdale over Ali, which is clearly the most asinine choice one could possibly imagine.)

Cant take a combined XI set up by Ray Parlour seriously.

I think he’s been generous.

If it’s on this seasons form - it would be Alisson plus 10 Arsenal players.

Mo & Virg are in there on their reputation only.

If it’s based on each player at their best - there’s fuck all Arsenal players getting in - the big whopping one season wonder bottle merchant fuckfaces.

4-2-2-2:
------------------Alisson-----------------
---------Konate--------Van Dijk-------
Trent-----------------------------Robbo
----------Fabinho----Thiago----------
----Elliott------------------Gakpo------
----------Salah------Nunez------------

Jones for Thiago and Hendo for Elliott after around 60 minutes. I want to see Gakpo play; he is one of the few players who makes me excited to watch this team. Don't think Jota has done enough lately to warrant a start; hasn't scored for almost a year... We'll win 1:0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom