• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let’s Leeds them up the garden path!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
A draw against the league leaders surely gives me match thread duties for another week.

Hopefully that fire remains.

We can’t get 4th even if we win every game but would be nice to do it anyway.

Ally
TAA
Ibou
VVD
Robbo
Jones
Henderson
Thiago
Salah
Nunez
Diaz

You crack on

As long as Jota doesn't start I'm ok. I'd like Nunez as the 9, as I really feel that's where he'd excell.

A draw against the league leaders surely gives me match thread duties for another week.

Hopefully that fire remains.

We can’t get 4th even if we win every game but would be nice to do it anyway.

Ally
TAA
Ibou
VVD
Robbo
Jones
Henderson
Thiago
Salah
Nunez
Diaz
Carry on Sergeant

Last edited:
Same team bar Jota, with Nunez starting and Diaz on at 60 please. I was actually really impressed with Jones, given the amount of time he has been off. I'd keep Thiago rested and gently reintroduce him given he's made of matchsticks and we need him.

Ali

Trent
Ibu
VVD
Robbo

Fabs
Hendo
Jones

Salah
Gakpo
Nunez

Given how awful we’ve been away from home, Klopp really needs to think about an “away model,” some kind of system that accounts for our current lack of self-belief and protects against the worst-case scenarios. Personally I think Thiago is a must - our problem in recent weeks has been inability to keep the ball, particularly away, we need players with confidence to keep possession under pressure. Continue the experiment with Trent in midfield, but sort out the division of responsibilities between the remaining defenders and midfielders - when Konate is momentarily dragged to the right, someone should plug the holes.

Same team bar Jota, with Nunez starting and Diaz on at 60 please. I was actually really impressed with Jones, given the amount of time he has been off. I'd keep Thiago rested and gently reintroduce him given he's made of matchsticks and we need him.

Ali

Trent
Ibu
VVD
Robbo

Fabs
Hendo
Jones

Salah
Gakpo
Nunez
Given that we're away then that team bar Thiago for Jones who can come on after 60 mins or so (ditto Diaz). We'll need more control and Thiago will give us that against an energetic team fighting relegation.

[article]Max Wöber is thought to have an outside chance of being fit enough to be on the bench for Leeds when Liverpool visit on Monday night. Javi Gracia will doubtless be praying the Austria defender passes a late fitness test after his side’s concession of 10 goals in their last three Premier League matches. It is surely no coincidence that Wöber sat out that trio of games after injuring his hamstring on international duty last month. The 25-year-old was particularly missed as Gracia’s team endured a second-half collapsein losing 5-1 to Crystal Palace on Sunday. Until Wober – signed by Jesse Marsch for around £10m from Red Bull Salzburg in January – damaged that hamstring the Leeds defence appeared to have tightened appreciably. While that has highlighted Wöber’s importance, Tyler Adams is also much missed in central midfield. How badly a hamstring tear expected to sideline the United States international for the remainder of the season might impact his club remains to be seen.
[/article]

We aren’t scoring.

[article]
On whether Diaz is ‘100 per cent ready’ to return…

Yeah, he’s 100 per cent ready in training so that’s it now. He is now completely normal in training and now we have to reintegrate him. He will be in the squad, if nothing happens Luis will be in the squad and from there we go. That’s it.

[/article]

Lovely.

[article]
On the importance of Thiago’s availability…

Super important of course, Thiago as well – he was not out that long but it was long as well. It’s insane how quick time goes. It is a different situation [to Diaz], obviously. Thiago is a candidate for starting and if we start Luis probably people will tell me, ‘30 minutes’ and stuff like this and then we cannot start him [because] we have to make the first change a bit early. So, that’s different but no, [it’s] top – he can demand rhythm, how we all know, and when he is fresh he is a top, top, top player and that’s why we are really happy to have him back and in training so far it looks all good.

[/article]

Why do people keep asking this like it's some sort of illusion maze challenge?

We're not going to suddenly beat these with ease at their place after performing like shit in every away ground we're travelled to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom