• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Luton (H) - Wed 19:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting really fucking fucking really fucking pissed off with all these injuries and niggles.

If Darwin and Mo aren't in the squad for this, the next person I see is getting mother fucking shot in the face.

Nothing confirmed with either of them though. The Salah stuff is a rumor started by one of the guys on The Redmen.

If Salah & Nunez are benched as a precaution, does Elliot get the third forward start? Or do we promote Koumas / Gordon from the academy?

Given the Jota news, I kinda expect Klopp to be prudent to avoid risking either being out for longer than one game. There is even a bold idea of putting Bradley at RW and Gomez RB, alongside Gakpo & Diaz.

If Salah & Nunez are benched as a precaution, does Elliot get the third forward start? Or do we promote Koumas / Gordon from the academy?

Given the Jota news, I kinda expect Klopp to be prudent to avoid risking either being out for longer than one game. There is even a bold idea of putting Bradley at RW and Gomez RB, alongside Gakpo & Diaz.

It'll be Jayden Danns

Definitely Elliott.

Rather see Gordon or Koumas on the wings than Harvey. We need pace and penetration. We don't even see Harvey as a winger hence why he's played none but about 2 games there.

Elliott has never done anything at RW. He's best against tired legs when we have some control of the middle and he gets time and space on the ball. He does not have the attributes to do much right in our system. I'd rather see Gomez and Bradley pairing down the right if it came to it, although hopefully, we have 3 fit forwards!

If you are weak of heart don't watch the 'Presser. Very depressing news regarding injuries

Presser didn't confirm anything new we didn't know about this morning, or yesterday, or the day before.

Other than Jota, all pretty vague anyway.....which unsurprisingly usually is the case seeing as Klopp can only go by the advice of our medical dept' which leaves him restricted to saying what he normally does "was/wasn't in training, getting closer, still needs time" etc etc.

Just give Bobby Clark a start on the wing. See how he gets on

Nice lad is Rob Edwards, seen bits of his presser today and speaks quite fondly of us.......which is reciprocated by Klopp.

Confirmed their top scorer Adebayo is out and won't travel, Brown Nakamba and Lockyer are the others unavailable to them.

If you are weak of heart don't watch the 'Presser. Very depressing news regarding injuries
Klopp exact words were: “with Diogo it will, obviously, take around a month” (listen at around 2:50 in the video). Which is actually a lot better than feared - not that this means much since in the same sentence Klopp refused to put any specific timescale saying that every athlete’s body responds differently etc.

It does look like Curtis’s injury is pretty serious, unfortunately and, like Jota, he’s not a quick healer. We need Gravvy to step up.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/5E-V7WZWePw?si=AGqGdg4lrj8ON0ah

Klopp exact words were: “with Diogo it will, obviously, take around a month” (listen at around 2:50 in the video). Which is actually a lot better than feared - not that this means much since in the same sentence Klopp refused to put any specific timescale saying that every athlete’s body responds differently etc.

It does look like Curtis’s injury is pretty serious, unfortunately and, like Jota, he’s not a quick healer. We need Gravvy to step up.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/5E-V7WZWePw?si=AGqGdg4lrj8ON0ah

We will be taking on City on March 10th without both of them, possibly also Ali. Dom & Trent 'on the way back' so hopefully ready by then.

No specific mention of possible injuries to Mo & Nunez, just saying that others were being assessed day by day on their 'various muscle injures'

I don’t blame have any issues with our aquad size and Jan transfer policy, but are there things medical team could do better? Not finger pointing at them but does seem an awful lot of injuries. Some of them are with usual suspects such as Matip, Jota, Thiago etc though.

Last edited:
Nunez not in the squad tomorrow, appaz.

Need a big performance from the team, Anfield and specifically Gakpo and Diaz.

Bricking it. Desperatly need a win.

It's fucking Luton town.
Our defence is solid, our midfield is well balanced.
Gakpo, Diaz and Salah are good enough to cause Luton problems.

It's fucking Luton town.
Our defence is solid, our midfield is well balanced.
Gakpo, Diaz and Salah are good enough to cause Luton problems.

Salah is a doubt..

It's Gakpo, Diaz and Elliott. Danns probably on the bench.

We are short. Not a massive issue for this one but we’ll get tonked by Chelsea if it’s as bad as it appears

Apparently Salah is just fatigued. I.e. not ready to play long spells.

Possibly on the bench tonight.

Probably plays out as follows.

If we need him - last 30 he comes on
If we don't need him - debut to either Koumas or Danns.

I can see Elliott playing on the right side of attack tonight:

------------------Kelleher-------------
Gomez--Quansah---VVD----Robbo
----------------Endo------------------
-----Macca-----------Gravenberch--
--Elliott--------Gapko--------Diaz---

Nunez and Salah are imperative to us for the final, one of them could start but IMO it would be a risk. Yet we obviously need to win! Konate isn't worth losing and I reckon Bradley will start the final at right back, but it's also harsh dropping Gomez for the final, so we'll see what happens.

Has anyone considered that both Gomez and Bradders can start on the right?
Because starting Elliott, who lets be honest, hasn't been that impressive on the right wing, along with Macca, Endo and Gravy means that we're starting all of our remaining "senior" midfielders.

Bradley can also play on the right wing and we've witnessed how much of a threat he can be in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom