• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Off Season - FAs, Trades, Draft etc

You lot have put together a pretty good offseason. You really can't be unhappy with anything you've done.

Meanwhile, we wrote a cheque for eleventy billion dollars and handed it to Peppers. We are the Redskins.

[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=39035.msg1092080#msg1092080 date=1271988040]

Ha ha ha. Bryant to the Boys. Fallout from that will be fun.
[/quote]

He's considered the top WR in the draft ... going into a very solid lockeroom with good leaders ... I think it's a brilliant pick up to be honest - not exactly what we needed (i would have rather got an OL or reached with Mays), but giving another weapon to Tony Romo like that? We have more talent at the skill positions on offense than just about anyone in the NFL now I think.

ESPN's take:

What he brings: Bryant is a top-10 talent with a rare blend of size, speed, strength and quickness. He brings an immediate and dynamic playmaking presence. While he has some well-documented off-the-field issues, he brings too much value to pass up here No. 24. He should develop into a No. 1 option.

How he fits: Dallas needed a well-rounded playmaker with the ability to go over the middle and make contested catches. Miles Austin, who returned as a restricted free agent, will pair well with Bryant. Roy Williams is still a big question mark and Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd can now function as serviceable backups. Though there were some character issues, Tony Romo just got better with Bryant coming on board.

Oh, there's no doubting his talent. Check out his game against the Hoosiers when he was a freshman. Smoked them. He's excellent on special teams too, so you've got yourself a decent punt returner.

It's just hilarious given the wideout activity at Dallas over the last few seasons. Roy Williams blatantly just got sacked on national TV. Plus, Dez loves him some Prime Time, so I guess there was something inevitable about this pick after Bryant's suspension. He has going-off-the-rails written all over him, but Jerry must have liked something about him.

I'm wondering now if Charlie Weis is trying to convince Kansas to take Clausen tonight. He'll be a fuck load cheaper in the second than he would have been yesterday, and Matt Cassell clearly isn't a franchise QB. Clausen and Weis get on well and it'll make for a seamless transition to the pros for the lad.

I think the vikes have called the lions bluff over best... I'm sure he'd have been there 4 picks later. Ah well, as least they got him.

So will roy williams get released? They were saying one of jerry jones big regrets was passing on randy moss, and he couldn't do the same again with bryant.

Who knows what Jones will do. Williams got a massive bonus last month, so they might want another season out of him. I'd bet on Bryant ousting him in camp as second receiver behind Austin though, and I can't see him being productive as third pick. They might trade him, but he's been dogshit at Dallas, so they'll get a late round pick if they can move him at all. He's not exactly paid in peanuts.

Wow, just wow. I thought I was getting to grips with this game and then I read the last four pages of this thread. I couldn't understand a thing that was going on. Jets fans seem happy with Kyle Wilson, he any good?

Kyle Wilson is fantastic. Boise are one of the best teams in college football, and get annually hosed by the Bowl committee. Big conference teams should be forced to schedule against them, as Boise should be playing for the national. Wilson has been a big part of their recent success. The Jets are sticking together a ridiculous roster.

I think you'll see the Cowboys going with a LOT of 3 WR sets with Felix Jones by himself. How do you defend that? That leaves Witten on a LB (match up hell) and Austin/Williams/Bryant.

Williams will be in Big D for one more year, and if he doesn't perform (or the Boys don't win the SB), he'll be out.

Jerry drafted him because of 1998 when he passed over Moss due to his 'problems'. Moss has obviously been fine, and Bryant's issues have been more 'I'm not on time' than illegal stuff (ie drugs etc). I think could be a pick that within a year gives us our best WR combo since the early 1990s.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=39035.msg1092402#msg1092402 date=1272032359]
I think you'll see the Cowboys going with a LOT of 3 WR sets with Felix Jones by himself. How do you defend that? That leaves Witten on a LB (match up hell) and Austin/Williams/Bryant.

Williams will be in Big D for one more year, and if he doesn't perform (or the Boys don't win the SB), he'll be out.

Jerry drafted him because of 1998 when he passed over Moss due to his 'problems'. Moss has obviously been fine, and Bryant's issues have been more 'I'm not on time' than illegal stuff (ie drugs etc). I think could be a pick that within a year gives us our best WR combo since the early 1990s.
[/quote]

He's got #88... I'd assumed you'd retired that?

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=39035.msg1092406#msg1092406 date=1272032832]
Good stuff.
Is that it now, the draft over?
[/quote]

2 more days!

2nd and 3rd round tonight, 4th-7th round tomorrow.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=39035.msg1092407#msg1092407 date=1272032925]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=39035.msg1092402#msg1092402 date=1272032359]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't think they've retired any of the 'triplets' yet - they will in time I assume.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=39035.msg1092411#msg1092411 date=1272032997]
Incidentally, almost every site I've been on has graded the Lions 1st Round an A+.

Unprecedented.
[/quote]

HA HA HA

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=39035.msg1092407#msg1092407 date=1272032925]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The Cowboys have never officially retired any numbers but there are certain ones that haven't been issued in a long time.
Bob Lilly #74 and Roger Staubach #12 are two that I know of.

[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=39035.msg1092067#msg1092067 date=1271984044]

Just a thought here. Tebow has worked out at Denver twice. And they are trading down.
[/quote]
Good call.

Back
Top Bottom