• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NFL Off Season - FAs, Trades, Draft etc

Do you know anything of this Amari Spievey chap? Apparently he's not very fast but can tackle. Considering Delmas is our only defender that bothers to tackle, I guess that's good news.

Is he good enough to be a #2 CB or not?

jahvid-best-ndamukong-suh-7ccb28d8cd1c5c64_large.jpg

I'm feeling optimistic for once!

I might even push the boat out and go 6-10 ;)

I like the way his arms are sticking out.

Rumour has it that the talk of him not being fully recovered etc was spread by someone employed by the Detroit Lions. Funny if true, but probably not.

Any time a player has multiple concussions (he got one the week previous to the Oregon game against the Sun Devils) there will always be rumours. Couple it with the trouble he had with his elbow and foot in previous seasons and I guess there are genuine questions about durability, but he was still proving to be an explosive impact player last season, so I wouldn't be too worried. I really like him. You basically got a first round player late because of the injuries. Over the last two years he averaged something like seven yards a carry. He's nice.

Brian Cushing busted for performance enhancing drugs.

Apparently they are going to vote again for defensive rookie of the year now.

4 game suspension as well.

[quote author=Karl Hungus link=topic=39035.msg1103605#msg1103605 date=1273622806]
Brian Cushing busted for performance enhancing drugs.

Apparently they are going to vote again for defensive rookie of the year now.

4 game suspension as well.

[/quote]

Is that a 4 game suspension for testing pos for steroids?

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=39035.msg1103782#msg1103782 date=1273661990]
4 game suspension seems rather minor
[/quote]

Astounding if true.

Positive test was last September too. Weird that it ook so long to sort out.

The AP have revoted and Cushing won his award again. Ha ha ha.

The ban is probably minor because the substance is alleged to be HCG. It's not a steroid, but is used by juicers to kickstart natural testosterone growth after they've been on a cycle; the implication being he juices offseason during training, but not in-season. Not that it should make a difference. The positive test was negligible and he tested negative in two subsequent tests.

From what I hear he appealed it when it happened last year, and that drug it out, and I guess it could not go public until the appeals process was all done.

I heard that he tested positive for a masking agent and not an actual steroid, which is the same thing because there is no reason to take a masking agent unless you want to hide the fact you are on roids or whatever.

What is the Cowboys plan regarding WR's?

Austin #1 and Williams #2 (even though he doesn't deserve it)? Bryant isn't really a slot guy I guess.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=39035.msg1109370#msg1109370 date=1274903032]
What is the Cowboys plan regarding WR's?

Austin #1 and Williams #2 (even though he doesn't deserve it)? Bryant isn't really a slot guy I guess.

[/quote]

Williams has looked very serious during OTAs but EVERYTHING I've read is basically, "Dez Bryant is going to be a phenomenal player" ... Now I know it's OTAs, but I watched highlights and I'm impressed ... It will be as you say for a few games before Dez unseats Williams (I think) -

Bryant played everywhere for the Pokes. Obviously, Oklahoma's offence versus other 1A teams isn't quite the same as the Cowboys playing in the NFL, and players like Bryant can do what they like in college. He played slot, even played in motion schemes. He's a fucking unit though, so I reckon he could give some NFL cornerbacks a good game. Assuming the Boys start with Austin and Williams, then you might see Bryant share slot time with Crayton and Ogletree (assuming both/either make the 53). But at some point this season (and I'd wager sooner rather than later) Bryant will oust Williams as one of the top two X & Z receivers, and Roy will be cut in the new year.

[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=39035.msg1109878#msg1109878 date=1275049409]

Bryant played everywhere for the Pokes. Obviously, Oklahoma's offence versus other 1A teams isn't quite the same as the Cowboys playing in the NFL, and players like Bryant can do what they like in college. He played slot, even played in motion schemes. He's a fucking unit though, so I reckon he could give some NFL cornerbacks a good game. Assuming the Boys start with Austin and Williams, then you might see Bryant share slot time with Crayton and Ogletree (assuming both/either make the 53). But at some point this season (and I'd wager sooner rather than later) Bryant will oust Williams as one of the top two X & Z receivers, and Roy will be cut in the new year.
[/quote]

Crayton will probably be traded, though he shouldn't ... He's Mr. Reliable and every team needs him ... Although being a #4 is a slap in his face, I hope he stays ...

I wonder how Ogletree will develop ...

I don't know how you can trade Crayton. Who's going to take him? He's on $2m this season. there won't be a queue of organisations looking to write that cheque. If the Cowboys wanted him gone they would have tried to work something at draft weekend I reckon. They thought they were keeping him. Him not turning up at the OTAs at the moment is just weird. He must know there is no interest in him, so he's just digging himself in. I think he is trying to get Jerry to cut him so he can go somewhere like Miami for nothing.

I heard on the radio, he made some comments about the Cowboys messing with people's careers.

Basically he is worried they are going to keep him through training camp, as an insurance policy, and if everything works out like they hope, they are going to cut him.

Total madness going on in 1-A. The Big 12 is being torn up for scrap and teams are headed in all directions. Either the Pac-10 or SEC are going to land the Longhorns and the Cowboys, a bounty for whoever gets them and it means expanding into the Dallas/Houston TV markets. The BCS will be shaken up too, as one of these conferences is going to be ridiculous.

All this on the back of the NCAA bending USC over and raping them with their pants on.

Texas kept the Big 12 in existence by getting them to hand over the keys to the kingdom. All the TV money goes to them.

Bet Jerry was watching that deal with interest.

Probably. :(

My main worry this year is Stafford's health. If he can come through it largely unscathed, and they address CB and LT in the next draft, they could be in business in 2011!

Back
Top Bottom