• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Palace (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
A chance to go top, even if temporarily. Palace should be suffering from this run of games, and coming off the back if losing at home to Bournemouth too.

I think we’ll see Nunez & Tsimi back, and rest Mac as an injury precaution. Mac out would be a good chance to try this Trent in CM thing. I’d like to see:

Kelleher

Gomez
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Endo
Trent
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

A chance to go top, even if temporarily. Palace should be suffering from this run of games, and coming off the back if losing at home to Bournemouth too.

I think we’ll see Nunez & Tsimi back, and rest Mac as an injury precaution. Mac out would be a good chance to try this Trent in CM thing. I’d like to see:

Kelleher

Gomez
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Endo
Trent
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Diaz
Kelleher

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Endo
Jones
Szoboszlai

Diaz
Nunez
Salah

Kelleher

Trent
Konate
Van Dijk
Tsimikas

Endo
Gravenberch
Jones

Lucho
Nunez
Salah

Have a feeling that Szobo sits this one out due to playing 90 mins.
Not sure about Trent though. Would be surprised if he didn't start.

Another 12:30 woohoooo!

At least Palace also played at the same time as us yesterday, a result I didn’t expect. They seem to be on a mini rut with only 1 win in 8. Doucoure and Eze being out are huge +ve’s for us. Mitchell also subbed off in first half due to a muscle strain which Roy has confirmed so hopefully Salah can get a bit of joy this time beating his man.

Team I'd go for; Kelleher Trent Konate Virgil Kostas Endo Grav Jones Salah Nunez Gakpo

Kelleher

Trent
Konate
Van Dijk
Tsimikas

Endo
Gravenberch
Jones

Lucho
Nunez
Salah

Have a feeling that Szobo sits this one out due to playing 90 mins.
Not sure about Trent though. Would be surprised if he didn't start.

Noway you get Jones/Gravenberch and if Diaz plays I'll eat a hat sized Pizza

Palace have only one win in their last six but this is the time in the season that form is irrelevant

The goalie and back 4 are a given, up front it's a straight forward choice of Mo, Cody and Darwin so the only discussion is midfield. Reckon Elliott may be in with a shout to replace Dom and then End o and jones for me

Can Konate play on such short rest? Not sure if Klopp will take the risk with him.

Starting Elliott with Jones and Endo = zero creativity. Gravy must start if both Mac and Szobo are rested. I wouldn't mind Quansah for Konate if he can play RCB.

Kelleher

Trent
Konate
Virgil
Tsimikas

Endo
Jones
Gravenberch

Nunez
Gakpo
Salah

I think endo Jones szob is the midfield, maybe Jones v Gravenberch is a question but imo Jones is ahead in the order of things currently. If Klopp thinks anyone has seen too many minutes recently he’ll have a plan to get them off early.

Reactions: dee
Such a short turn around and with Matip’s injury I think we’ll see Klopp making a host of changes to protect the squad.

Chance to go top or not.

Kelleher
Trent
Gomez
VVD
Simi
Endo
Jones
Grav
Diaz
Salah
Nunez

PS @Brizzle lucky boy I didn’t start this thread. Hopefully I don’t regret it.

Huge sliding doors moment this, lose with injuries and we’ll be bemoaning the fixture list and the fact we had such a short turn around.

Win and there is no better feeling than being top at 230pm comfortable in the fact whatever happens nobody is gaining ground on us this weekend.

Can Konate play on such short rest? Not sure if Klopp will take the risk with him.

We need him against a physical Palace side though. Think he just has to play, but Klopp might trust Quansah enough to start him.
We cant have Gomez there imho.

Just sayin:

Ibrahima Konate won 14 aerial duels against Sheffield United
@WhoScored
It’s a record in a single Premier League game this season.

Great results with city,spurs and Newcastle all losing and us winning.
We need to build on this and continue winning our games.

I can see both Quansah and Elliot getting a start. My expected 11

Kelleher
Gomez
Quansah
VVD
Tsimi
Endo
Elliot
Jones/Gravenbergh
Diaz
Nunez
Salah

Update from Klopps presser:

Alisson was back in full training yesterday. Could potentially start tomorrow if everything is okay

Macca is out because of the wound and stitches from the Sheff Utd game

Press summary;

Ali back in training as of yesterday and could be ready for tomorrow.
Mac sounds like he could be out for a week or 2.
Gave the impression he wants Matip renewed but not sure the club will agree.
Some kind words for Roy and how his former manager showed clips of Roy's tactics when he was managing Switzerland NT.
Hasn't thought about the title or top 4 race.
No issue with Jones Grav Endo lack of game time impacting games.
Unless we can somehow get a top class CB gift wrapped for Christmas, we likely won't be signing a CB in Jan.

Last edited:
Yeah we're not buying a defender in January unless we get more injuries.
He didn't say anything about a right winger though.

Absolute banana skin this one but I also think we'll smash them 4-0. They were booing Hodgson the other day

Reactions: dee
Absolute banana skin this one but I also think we'll smash them 4-0. They were booing Hodgson the other day
The like is for booing Hodgson. Shit run of results (one win in 6) but FFS he's been good for them and was persuaded to return when his last replacement fucked it up. He's at their level and they won't be getting anyone better into Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom