• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Spurs (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]Liverpool Football Club acknowledges PGMOL’s admission of their failures last night. It is clear that the correct application of the laws of the game did not occur, resulting in sporting integrity being undermined.
We fully accept the pressures that match officials work under but these pressures are supposed to be alleviated, not exacerbated, by the existence and implementation of VAR.
It is therefore unsatisfactory that sufficient time was not afforded to allow the correct decision to be made and that there was no subsequent intervention.
That such failings have already been categorised as “significant human error” is also unacceptable. Any and all outcomes should be established only by the review and with full transparency.
This is vital for the reliability of future decision-making as it applies to all clubs with learnings being used to make improvements to processes in order to ensure this kind of situation cannot occur again.
In the meantime, we will explore the range of options available, given the clear need for escalation and resolution.
[/article]

What does the last sentence actually mean though? Are we gonna go above PGMOL and knock straight on the FA's door? They don't answer, then what?

I knew this would be suggested and it’s another good idea but we can’t be going down that route. It’s another path to slowing the game down and you just know dickhead managers will have tactical reviews at the worst times to disrupt the match if they’re unused. This would be implemented just because of shitty officials and it’ll turn into something we hate too.

I don't think we need reviews. The balance at the moment on terms of what's looked at it mostly right. As Beamrider pointed out though, there's clearly a ridiculous loophole around 2 yellow cards resulting in a red - clearly both should be examined before sanctioning the sending off.

I don't think we need reviews. The balance at the moment on terms of what's looked at it mostly right. As Beamrider pointed out though, there's clearly a ridiculous loophole around 2 yellow cards resulting in a red - clearly both should be examined before sanctioning the sending off.

I don’t think so either and if it ever came to that it’s an admission that the officials are shit. Ideally the first yellow decision would be right, negating the need to review both but here we are. Do you trust them to review both yellows though, especially after what Mike Dean admitted a few weeks ago?

I don’t think so either and if it ever came to that it’s an admission that the officials are shit. Ideally the first yellow decision would be right, negating the need to review both but here we are. Do you trust them to review both yellows though, especially after what Mike Dean admitted a few weeks ago?

What did he say?

Let me start by saying that I have not read everything here...

What stick in my craw is Is the disallowed goal. That for me was one of the main game changers... How along after that goes Son score...??

If as it should the goal stood. i don't believe that Tottenham scores...
They would have had to line up for a restart, witch means that all the Liverpool players are now behind the ball and all the Spurs players are in their own half.

The decisions and passage of play that lead to that goal could not have been made... The whole game would have changed...

I am not saying that Spurs would have lost the game,or that Liverpool would have won only that things would have played out very differently...

The two red card for our plays...
Jones.. On what the ref was asked to look at it was always going to be red... When a ref is asked to take a look at a inccident I should have control of what it is that he sees, but it still boils down to his intreptation.

Jota's a Red... After being booked, rightly or wrongly it was a stupid tackle to be made and should have a yellow allday...

Skipp on Diaz Red absolutely

If we lost the title by one point, miss out on a champions League place, or (Extremly unlikely) we are relagated by that point whta would the FA do, if anything at all to rectify it

Had the samething cost England a place in the Euro's or World Cup you would see just how quickly they changes thing I bett that they would even ask for the match to be replayed...

But in alfairness It would not be fair to Tottenham

14. Fourteen apologies PGMOL has issued to clubs in the last 12 months.

d5fd223c29bffd2ecb657803751ce5c6f53379ee.jpeg

d1f7852612b3e7ecb37818586aed94963712a9ed.jpeg

272104c9adf63abf9571501838f7a0f756d3568f.jpeg

Let me start by saying that I have not read everything here...

What stick in my craw is Is the disallowed goal. That for me was one of the main game changers... How along after that goes Son score...??

If as it should the goal stood. i don't believe that Tottenham scores...
They would have had to line up for a restart, witch means that all the Liverpool players are now behind the ball and all the Spurs players are in their own half.

The decisions and passage of play that lead to that goal could not have been made... The whole game would have changed...

I am not saying that Spurs would have lost the game,or that Liverpool would have won only that things would have played out very differently...

The two red card for our plays...
Jones.. On what the ref was asked to look at it was always going to be red... When a ref is asked to take a look at a inccident I should have control of what it is that he sees, but it still boils down to his intreptation.

Jota's a Red... After being booked, rightly or wrongly it was a stupid tackle to be made and should have a yellow allday...

Skipp on Diaz Red absolutely

If we lost the title by one point, miss out on a champions League place, or (Extremly unlikely) we are relagated by that point whta would the FA do, if anything at all to rectify it

Had the samething cost England a place in the Euro's or World Cup you would see just how quickly they changes thing I bett that they would even ask for the match to be replayed...

But in alfairness It would not be fair to Tottenham

Does the Gakpo situation where he gets injured, even happen if we are 1-0 up?
Does Jota even come on if Gakpo doesn't get injured and we're winning 1-0?
Do we lose the game 2-1?

Not only have we lost our winning streak, but Salah has lost his streak of G/As in every game. It's no wonder why he was livid in the 2nd half.

It's funny because every half decision that goes our way now, rival fans will be claiming, it's PGMOL trying to make up for their error. Ha.

14. Fourteen apologies PGMOL has issued to clubs in the last 12 months.

d5fd223c29bffd2ecb657803751ce5c6f53379ee.jpeg

d1f7852612b3e7ecb37818586aed94963712a9ed.jpeg

272104c9adf63abf9571501838f7a0f756d3568f.jpeg
We need to find recent games where VAR decisions went aginst Man United. We need to build coalition of all the teams that have been fucked over by VAR.

you’re going to need to refresh me on the first part, i have vague memories of someone landing on the planet using old codes or something?

“It’s an old code, but it checks out”.

Stolen Imperial shuttle, rebel strike team to disable the power generator protecting the Death Star - clearly someone pressed the “check complete” button a little too quickly.

“It’s an old code, but it checks out”.

Stolen Imperial shuttle, rebel strike team to disable the power generator protecting the Death Star - clearly someone pressed the “check complete” button a little too quickly.

ah ok, consider me refreshed. Maybe we can pay the Ewoks to crush Howard Webbs car with some tree trunks.

Well given I expected the worst (what Diaz and Jota suffered), 3-4 weeks is very much positive news.

ah ok, consider me refreshed. Maybe we can pay the Ewoks to crush Howard Webbs car with some tree trunks.

The little murder bears would likely eat him and use his skull as a drum.

I think we’d all be fine with that.

What would be so heinous about that situation anyway? Things equivalent to that happen all the time already: eg player can concede a penalty, penalty is missed, then same player scores winning goal. How is your scenario any different? Has the team that conceded the pen not been punished at all in that situation - presumably you think so given that that is your conclusion about the exactly analogous situation you object to?
Your suggestion is changing the whole nature of the punishment, from an individual's responsibility to the team's but with no further retributive justice for the offending player. This clearly may even give an advantage to the offending team if for example the penalty is missed and the foul resulted in a serious injury to the innocent party leading to the substitution and long term absence of a star player (e.g. Pickford on VvD which should have resulted in a penalty and red card). Never mind if the offending player then goes on to have a major impact on the game - when he shouldn't even be on the field.

By removing an offending player from the game one may feel it gives an unfair advantage to the team now with 11 vs. 10 but that is the nature of a Red Card and is usually only beneficial in situations where enough time remains to take advantage of the extra player (and often even not then, as we well know). Which in itself is fair enough, the individual punished but not the team per se.

We aren't gonna get the game replayed, and they're not gonna get the goal reinstated either. Its upto the PL to sort this mess out. IMHO the PL needs to adopt Semi Automated Offside Technology ASAP. Match officiating needs to be independently audited, and poor officiating needs to be penalised/punsihed. The referees should be told to do press conferences and answer questions from the press. I think this will bring back trust and integrity to the English Game.

Liverpool midfielder Alexis Mac Allister could face FA punishment after claiming Tottenham had '12 players'..

Here we go. FA could also fine us 25k for the sending offs.

The only balanced solution would be to replay the game. But it would be unfair to both teams. Failing that the goal should stand. I would still be furious because we would have won that game.

The best solution given what stands is to Sue with a vengeance. Regardless of the outcome.

Liverpool midfielder Alexis Mac Allister could face FA punishment after claiming Tottenham had '12 players'..

Here we go. FA could also fine us 25k for the sending offs.

Feck them He's right. But wrong they had Sixteen. And a plus one.

Get Howard Webb to pay it, I’m sure he’ll accept the charges on our behalf the fucking bald headed Johnny Sins wannabe cunt.

What does the last sentence actually mean though? Are we gonna go above PGMOL and knock straight on the FA's door? They don't answer, then what?

The only thing I can think of is legal action, whether domestically or via the Court of Arbitration for Sport, but the club may well not have had any specific plan in mind. I suspect they're so outraged by what happened that at this stage they want to leave all possible options open, and rightly so.

I think its also a consequence of the quick statement from PGMOL about it being a significant human error, and as if that possibly would be considered enough of an assessment and investigation by them.

So the biggest issue for me is that goal, the rest are bad decisions which I have got used to with these English referees being such protected specimen now says.

What I don’t get is, the official explanation was VAR office assumed the onfield error had given a goal so there was no change to the decision?
What I don’t get is, are they not actually keeping account of the score? Surely they only had one game and they would soon as they realised use the VAR alert mechanism to correct decision? So many holes in their explanation we need a full through review fora transparancy sake.

VAR is not the issue here, it’s those moron humans who failed to do their job. If it was full automated like goal line then it’s more likely to work. Pointless having a human in the decisiob process because they are asleep on the job post their jollie in UAE.

The only thing I can think of is legal action, whether domestically or via the Court of Arbitration for Sport, but the club may well not have had any specific plan in mind. I suspect they're so outraged by what happened that at this stage they want to leave all possible options open, and rightly so.
Isn't there a rule that taking legal action against your governing body results in expulsion from the league? Or did I dream that?

Let's breakdown the options. (1) There is no football resolution on the table, awarding us points or replaying the game will destroy the game overnight with a plethora of follow up claims being lodged by every motherfucking club still around. So forget about CAS. (2) There is no financial resolution, PGMOL are a non-profit organisation, and are predominantly funded by the premier league's money, so what, we're going to pay them more money, only to then sue them to get the money back. Yeah no. Forget about a civil case. HMRC are in the process of suing them over the employment status of referees, so their lawyers are going through a dress rehearsal of how to defend themselves in the high court, we'd get utterly embarrassed if we take them on there.

That leaves one option. Either they release the audio, or we infer the audio from their secrecy, and then make a criminal complaint of match fixing. This is the most satisfactory option. But we'll end up doing nothing like the fucking pussies we are. A pity, Diaz absolutely has the right nationality, no question about it, but he's the wrong gender for me to intervene on this occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom