• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Spurs (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the onfield decision is deemed offside:
sddefault.jpg

When the onfield decision is a goal:

sddefault.jpg

This is what is very suspicious, because if it's a feed from Stockley Park, then someone in that room knew it was a disallowed goal they were checking for.

I would hope it's just a graphic from the TV companies, otherwise the incompetence would be astounding.

My issue is it says slow motion "should only be used" and then goes on to list about 6 fucking different examples all of which you see in everyday football.

All of them are establishing facts. So if the ref didn't know that Jones made contact with the ankle, and would have sent him off if he had known, then it's perfectly valid for the VAR to establish the fact in this way.

In defence of the referee here, there are reasonable arguments either way here. Unlike the offside and a few other incidents on Saturday, this wasn't a total cock up.

It was a bit harsh though.

All of them are establishing facts. So if the ref didn't know that Jones made contact with the ankle, and would have sent him off if he had known, then it's perfectly valid for the VAR to establish the fact in this way.

In defence of the referee here, there are reasonable arguments either way here. Unlike the offside and a few other incidents on Saturday, this wasn't a total cock up.

It was a bit harsh though.

My issue with the red card is if you ask most pros, even Neville, they would say it's 50-50 whether he should have walked, given the circumstances (Sarr fouling him a second before, and his foot rolling over the ball). In fact, I saw a live poll on it.. and it was 55-45 to him being sent off.

So with that said, the ref gave a yellow. Was it so clear and obvious a mistake, to warrant a referral? I don't think so.

Had the ref given Jones a red card straight away, I don't think many of us could complain, as it could go either way. But a VAR review for something that wasn't so bad in terms of outcome (Bissouma played on just fine), and had extenuating circumstances (his foot rolled over ball + Sarr slight foul + plus most of the power of the studs was on the ball, not his leg), I don't think it was warranted, as the bar is supposed to be very high. Where you'd expect a poll to be 80-20 in one way.

You're missing the point.

If that image, and the one they showed on TV, is from a feed directly from VAR in Stockley Park, it tells you that they are checking for a "disallowed goal". I.e. They know the goal has been disallowed.

Otherwise, it would have read in that graphic... "Checking goal, possible offside."

They put up 2 different graphics, depending on what the onfield decision is.

So it's a very good question as to where/how those graphics, both on TV and in the stadium are produced.
Yeah I'm with ya now.

So in other words, Darren England is a fucking little lying cunt as that feed shown in the grown 100% comes from them....they probably didn't even know they did it, the cunts.

Yes. But look at what it says ... checking for disallowed goal (offside) and then comes 'Check Over' meaning offside is confirmed. How can VAR have not seen that and in fact who put that up on the screen? In-house or Stockley Park?

It can only come from Stockley Park, who else has access to the technology?

OK let's get one fact right..

Darren England and Cook do not control the graphics that are shown on TV or in the stadium..

There screens do not have graphics like that on them.

What would have happened is something like

Linesman: "Number 7 is offside. Just going to let the play run"

Hooper "OK offside"

Diaz scores

Linesman "Number 7 offside offside"

Hooper "OK confirmed offside, freekick Tottenham"

That's when Stockley Park either intervene or not.

But at NO point should Stocksley Park have been confused about the on field decision UNLESS the above was not followed.

One team made a monumental fuck up. Or both.. we need the full audio.

I've said before they should have blown the whistle while the graphic was still on the screen and gone to the monitor to discuss and come to the right decision.

Especially as they apparently knew immediately it was wrong, left the graphic up, told Hooper of the error at that point.

It should have been shown on the screen as goal after the discussion on the monitor.

Spurs fans would have grumbled for about 2 minutes but accepted human error.. and goal was correct.

They had the opportunity. They didn't take it.. because they bottled it.

We are so FUCKED this season; the club statement, appealing Jones' red, asking for the VAR audio. We will now be royally screwed by every ref, linesman and VAR for the remainder of the season.

I don't care - this is a fightback, and if it means they try to fuck us over some more, so be it. Its like the attempted storming of the winter palace in Pertrograd in 1905, they kept shooting the workers & they kept coming and then, even when defeated, they came back 12 years later and properly finished the fucking job. Come on you REDS!!!!

According to The Athletic it was because they feared the technology would be outdated in a couple of years and not much of an improvement.
That's like the two old women in a bus in 1970 overheard complaining about currency decimilisation ... "You'd think they'd have waited until all the old people had died, before doing that"

Reactions: dee
I found that to be extremely weird. Why start with that still? Clearly it makes it more difficult for the referee to make a neutral and correct decision.
If you start with that still then the intent is to get the player sent off.
Well the only reason he has called him to the monitor is because he thinks that's the right call to send the player off. The whole act of calling the ref to the monitor is prejudicial. Its saying, you've got this one wrong, have another look.

Well the only reason he has called him to the monitor is because he thinks that's the right call to send the player off. The whole act of calling the ref to the monitor is prejudicial. Its saying, you've got this one wrong, have another look.

Thats why I dont understand it. Its supposed to be there to help the referee and shouldnt be used as if the VAR IS the referee.

Play the situation in real time when the ref comes over to check. Help him make the right call.
Starting with the still and then only play the situation in slow mo makes the tackle look much worse.

One minor side issue is why Neville has suddenly changed his tune and saying an apology is enough. It so clearly isn’t. VAR for offside has become an absolute (don’t get me started on frame rates again!), it goes u challenged. If VAR says offside, it is and we all sit down and forget it. To have this incident is hugely damaging to that acceptance and there HAS to be an open investigation to understand the root cause(s) and to rectify them.He’s generally a very vocal advocate of transparency so it’s surprising he thinks that (a) it is just to do with Liverpool and (b) that Liverpool should just accept the apology and say “okey dokey we’re sure it’s a one off”

One minor side issue is why Neville has suddenly changed his tune and saying an apology is enough. It so clearly isn’t. VAR for offside has become an absolute (don’t get me started on frame rates again!), it goes u challenged. If VAR says offside, it is and we all sit down and forget it. To have this incident is hugely damaging to that acceptance and there HAS to be an open investigation to understand the root cause(s) and to rectify them.He’s generally a very vocal advocate of transparency so it’s surprising he thinks that (a) it is just to do with Liverpool and (b) that Liverpool should just accept the apology and say “okey dokey we’re sure it’s a one off”
But there is no apology, just an admission of a mistake.

But there is no apology, just an admission of a mistake.
That’s true not even an apology. In fact the admission was that it was a human error and, by implication, not one of process or governance, so PGMOL in the clear. All sorted, NEXT!

I also think why we want the audio is that it has been reported that the ref wasn't I formed about the error untill h/t. Dermott Gallagher said that this was what he was told.
Carra showed a clip on Monday night football when about a minute after the goal fuck up and the ball goes out for a throw for us and we are taking a bit of time over it the camera cuts to the ref and he's just looking shell shocked... Like he's just been informed about the fuck up.... So if this is true then what other bullshit are they making up... They have had 2 days to review this and have seemed to just clam up when the easiest thing would have been to release the audio.. Here's our fuck up... We are sorry... But they haven't and the longer they refuse to then the more damage they are doing....

The apology would've been made in a private call? Not that an apology means anything, getting decisions right is the only form of apology they can make which we can accept.

The apology would've been made in a private call? Not that an apology means anything, getting decisions right is the only form of apology they can make which we can accept.
They may have well made a private apology which is a good and what not but they should also come out and make a public apology.. No it won't change anything but as fans of the club we deserve that apology as it affects us as supporters

They may have well made a private apology which is a good and what not but they should also come out and make a public apology.. No it won't change anything but as fans of the club we deserve that apology as it affects us as supporters

We'd be getting public apologies weekly then.....in fact most teams will.

It not only changes anything but it means nothing if next week VAR decide to make a show of themselves and again screw us over & we all know then next shit decision is waiting for us round the corner.

We'd be getting public apologies weekly then.....in fact most teams will.

It not only changes anything but it means nothing if next week VAR decide to make a show of themselves and again screw us over & we all know then next shit decision is waiting for us round the corner.
Oh I totally agree with you but they should still issue some sort of public apology because that statement they issued was absolutely shit..

Oh I totally agree with you but they should still issue some sort of public apology because that statement they issued was absolutely shit..
The statement is probably templated from the previous 13 or however many they've issued, just replace Liverpool with Wolves and Diaz with Onana or whoever.

Copy and paste version probably written and signed by Webb's son.

If we believe they've made a private call to Klopp to apologies then I'm ok with that but I'm wondering what the rest of the convo would've been.

Fans just want the decisions to be fair and I don't get why every ref makes these decisions seem like life and bloody death.....if it looks like handball and a pen it's probably because it's handball and a pen (the game yesterday, Brentford were denied a clear handball in the box when the guys hand was raised above his head).

If it looks like a foul in the box, it's probably because it is a foul in the box (again yesterday's game when the Forest keeper wipes out Wissa - It's a clear pen)....have some conviction, use some common sense and make the right decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom