• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Spurs (A) - Sat 17:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The phrase 'check complete' is so vague and ambiguous that it needs changing immediately. Surely stating goal or offside would give much more clarity in the same circumstances. You state what the outcome is and then there's no confusion.

You know that tens of millions of people are listening to you either cheat or fuck up so badly you freeze, and you still haven't resigned. Just go UAE full time you fucking bellwhiff

Listening to that highlights they knew there was a mistake.

If a penalty could be taken after the final whistle was blown, why was the mistake not rectified? Surely the play can be taken back.

These guys are well and truly incompetent, not fit for purpose. How are the technician officers more clued up on the game than the PEOPLE THAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHING THE FUCKING THING.

Also is it known when it's communicated to the onfield ref that the wrong decision was taken?

It required this to happen to institute a protocol to clarify the communication involved in an audio only exchange between two parties.

That means whoever has been running VAR, training it, writing the SOPs for it, should be fired. It's an unbelievably improvised, chatty, chaotic process for something. It just doesn't seem professional at all.

Listening to that highlights they knew there was a mistake.

If a penalty could be taken after the final whistle was blown, why was the mistake not rectified? Surely the play can be taken back.
Apparently the pen Could be given after the final whistle because the Players hadn't left the field and as the game had ended the play couldn't resume so var check was something that happened within the game... This is the excuse they are using...

This is so painful to watch and listen to, the incompetence of all involved bar ‘Oli’ and the replay operator that were trying to call it out but ‘Daz’ couldn’t care less and clearly wasn’t paying attention / had an agenda to not give it.

He should do the honorable thing and resign immediately. He was happy to not stop the game to give us a goal and give the correct decision and instead was more worried about the 20 seconds of play that followed where nothing happened.

Absolute disaster, no words.

The phrase 'check complete' is so vague and ambiguous that it needs changing immediately. Surely stating goal or offside would give much more clarity in the same circumstances. You state what the outcome is and then there's no confusion.
Exactly what I said half a dozen pages back. Or just have the ref. repeat the decision so there is zero misunderstanding.

With all the noise? Goal stands or Player Offside would be better. Less ambiguous.

This clearly shown that the VAR was not watching the game, before or after he made his decision. He pops in cold, do his VAR thing, and goes back to sleep. He needs to be sacked.

That means whoever has been running VAR, training it, writing the SOPs for it, should be fired.

Think you're searching too far outside the box.

The people who run and train VAR are the same people who run and train it to La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga etc officials....the reason the English league is so far behind is because this crop of officials are fucking retarded.....replay the clip, you can hear it in their tone of voice. "Yeah", "Wot"...it's like a day out in the park for them.

England clearly rushed the check and you could hear the panic in his voice as he's telling the onfield "check complete", that's nothing to do with protocol.

there is zero silver lining to this

The silver lining I suppose is this is a very unprecedented situation that PGMOL are faced with, thus forcing Webb's hand to create change for the first time.

Think you're searching too far outside the box.

The people who run and train VAR are the same people who run and train it to La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga etc officials....the reason the English league is so far behind is because this crop of officials are fucking retarded.....replay the clip, you can hear it in their tone of voice. "Yeah", "Wot"...it's like a day out in the park for them.

England clearly rushed the check and you could hear the panic in his voice as he's telling the onfield "check complete", that's nothing to do with protocol.

The silver lining I suppose is this is a very unprecedented situation that PGMOL are faced with, thus forcing Webb's hand to create change for the first time.

This isn't a complicated procedure. One person draws a line, another person looks at a line. The failure isn't intelligence, it's process.

You fix dumb people by making them repeat good processes.

I'd been inclining to the view that this was all deliberate but, if what we heard was a charade designed to cover up the fact that they purposely shafted us, they're amazing actors. What it sounds like to me is England and Hooper realising that between them they've made a king-sized lashup and just freezing on the spot.

Full audio transcript

VAR: Possible offside, Diaz.

Assistant referee 2: Give it.

Assistant referee 1: Coming back for the offside, mate.

VAR: Just checking the offside. Delay, delay. Give the kick point, let’s go. Kick point please?

Referee: Yeah, no worries mate.

Replay operator: So, here we are. Just get a tight angle.

VAR: Yeah, give me 2D line ready after this one for frame two after that.

Replay operator: So frame two there?

VAR: That’s fine. Perfect, yeah. 2D line on the left boot.

Replay operator: Let me just switch angles.

VAR: Romero, I think it is?

Replay operator: I think it might be this angle better? Happy with this angle?

VAR: Yep.

Replay operator: 2D line on the boot?

VAR: 2D line on the boot.

Replay operator: Yeah, okay. So 2D line on the boot.

VAR: And stop. Check complete, check complete. That’s fine, perfect.

Assistant referee 1: Playing.

Referee: Cheers mate.

VAR: Thank you mate.

Referee: Well done boys, good process.

Replay operator: Wait, wait, wait, wait. The on-field decision was offside. Are you happy with this?

Assistant VAR: Yeah.

Replay operator: Are you happy with this?

Assistant VAR: Offside, goal, yeah. That’s wrong that, Daz.

VAR: What?

Replay operator: On-field decision was offside. Are you happy with this image? Yeah, it’s onside. The image that we gave them is onside.

Assistant VAR: He’s played him, he’s gone offside.

VAR: Oh *expletive*

Replay operator: Delay, delay. Oli’s (PGMOL Hub Ops) saying to delay, Oli’s saying to delay.

VAR: Pardon?

Replay operator: Oli’s calling in to say delay the game. The decision is onside.

VAR: Can’t do anything.

Replay operator: Oli’s saying to delay, Oli’s saying to delay.

VAR: Oli?

Fourth official: Yeah?

Replay operator: Delay the game, to delay the game? Stop the game.

VAR: They’ve restarted the game. Can’t do anything, can’t do anything.

Assistant VAR: Yeah, they’ve restarted. Yeah.

VAR: I can’t do anything. I can’t do anything. *expletive*

England should be sacked for this. Its gross incompetence.

I'd been inclining to the view that this was all deliberate but, if what we heard was a charade designed to cover up the fact that they purposely shafted us, they're amazing actors. What it sounds like to me is England and Hooper realising that between them they've made a king-sized lashup and just freezing on the spot.

England sounds uninterested in correcting the mistake. Its only Oli Thats doing his job.
No wonder that he is the competent one given he has a sports degree, worked for Hawkeye and ISNT a referee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom