• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rafa

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's he been a wum here. He likes rafa and made a point how he beat the European champions away from home.

You then jumped on him.

How's he been a wum here. He likes rafa and made a point how he beat the European champions away from home.

You then jumped on him.

Hes a troll, everyone knows hes a troll, do we really need to have this discussion?

To continue on Mark's disappointing rebuttal.

Barca team we played 2007:

Barcelona: Valdes, Belletti, Marquez, Puyol, Zambrotta, Xavi (Giuly 65), Motta (Iniesta 54), Deco, Messi, Saviola (Gudjohnsen 82), Ronaldinho.
VS
Liverpool: Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Agger, Riise, Finnan, Sissoko (Zenden 84), Alonso, Gerrard, Bellamy (Pennant 80),Kuyt (Crouch 90).

Real team we played today:

Real Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa, Pepe, Varane, Marcelo (Nacho - 85' ), Rodríguez, Modric, Kroos Booked (Illarramendi - 82' ), Isco, Ronaldo (Khedira - 75' ), Benzema

Make your own mind up.

Yes Benitez failed, but there are limits to how much shite he deserves to get.

To continue on Mark's disappointing rebuttal.

Barca team we played 2007:

Barcelona: Valdes, Belletti, Marquez, Puyol, Zambrotta, Xavi (Giuly 65), Motta (Iniesta 54), Deco, Messi, Saviola (Gudjohnsen 82), Ronaldinho.
VS
Liverpool: Reina, Arbeloa, Carragher, Agger, Riise, Finnan, Sissoko (Zenden 84), Alonso, Gerrard, Bellamy (Pennant 80),Kuyt (Crouch 90).

Real team we played today:

Real Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa, Pepe, Varane, Marcelo (Nacho - 85' ), Rodríguez, Modric, Kroos Booked (Illarramendi - 82' ), Isco, Ronaldo (Khedira - 75' ), Benzema

Make your own mind up.

Yes Benitez failed, but there are limits to how much shite he deserves to get.

Who's giving him shite?

Hes a troll, everyone knows hes a troll, do we really need to have this discussion?
Yes, he is more often than not.

Sometimes though he makes a decent point. And he has here. He's defended rafa which has entitled to do, and provided evidence

I don't want rafa anywhere near us ever again, but I can admit that yeah, maybe tonight he could have got us something

Rafa could organise a defence. Rodgers cannot.

Starting to look that way.

In all seriousness, I do wonder if BR has kind of made a rod for his own back by propelling us into the CL and fast-tracking us to a big expensive squad. There's a part of me that wonders why exactly we need this guy anymore, this inspirational, visionary type, who we all thought would build something over a long period of time.

I'm not sure if that really matches our means now. We have the big squad to compete on multiple fronts. We have the sensible owners with a long term transfer policy. Everything seems to be in place for us to bed in a group of 20 odd young players and reap the rewards a few years down the line, in the mean time just ticking over with top 4 finishes. What we need in a manager would seem to be more of a top draw coach who can bring those resources together as efficiently as possible and not try to interfere with transfer policy too much or the youth system or any of that.

Is that unconscionably callous?

Starting to look that way.

In all seriousness, I do wonder if BR has kind of made a rod for his own back by propelling us into the CL and fast-tracking us to a big expensive squad. There's a part of me that wonders why exactly we need this guy anymore, this inspirational, visionary type, who we all thought would build something over a long period of time.

I'm not sure if that really matches our means now. We have the big squad to compete on multiple fronts. We have the sensible owners with a long term transfer policy. Everything seems to be in place for us to bed in a group of 20 odd young players and reap the rewards a few years down the line, in the mean time just ticking over with top 4 finishes. What we need in a manager would seem to be more of a top draw coach who can bring those resources together as efficiently as possible and not try to interfere with transfer policy too much or the youth system or any of that.

Is that unconscionably callous?
I think you've made exactly the case for keeping Rodgers.

Yeah maybe he could, or maybe its the foregone conclusion the prick makes out.
There's other posters on here with holier than thou opinions that you don't get wound up by.

Just move on

Great retort. Don't you have a crap snide cynical dig to make at the wrong player, or something?
Not at the moment.

You keep being the world guardian against the evil forces of Modo though. It's great entertainment.

JESUS CHRIST.

The best team in the World at present, and we have to listen to kneejerk wank like this.

Obviously we've got a bit lost, but where's the support and faith? From a title challenge out the blue to throwing the towel in at the first hurdle.

Some of the posts on here are a disgrace.

My reply was partly directed at this post. What I'm saying is that Barca was the best team in the world when we played them by your definition (reigning CL winners). It's not impossible, Rafa did it.
In that case where's the faith that he could have done it again?

Also, if your definition of best team in the world isn't due to Real being reigning CL champions then I'd have to disagree and say that Bayern are probably the best team in the world atm.

It's the inspirational, visionary guy who's created it (in double quick time) so why not let him take it to the next level?

Because maybe that job is done? That's the point. Maybe what we need now is just someone to manage the process through to fruition.

Do we need the magic anymore? I'm wondering if it's more just competent organisation that's called for these next few years. They're different things. Not necessarily things you'd be likely to get from a single person, either.

Just throwing it out there btw. I do like the guy a lot. But these are my honest thoughts right now.

Finally, just to clear things up, I haven't stated anywhere that I want Rafa back or Rodgers out.

Rodgers is new to European football and he needs a chance to prove himself at that level as well.
But if Rodgers for some reason isn't our manager come June, I'll say what I said before Rodgers joined 2 years ago which was "for me Rafa is the safe bet".

Who's giving him shite?

I think some are giving him shit for a disappointing start with Napoli this year (like many fans are giving Rodgers with us) ... I do find it odd that Modo hasn't mentioned how Napoli aren't playing in the Champions League despite two leagues against a seemingly average Bilbao team ...

I think some are giving him shit for a disappointing start with Napoli this year (like many fans are giving Rodgers with us) ... I do find it odd that Modo hasn't mentioned how Napoli aren't playing in the Champions League despite two leagues against a seemingly average Bilbao team ...

It's disappointing definitely, but there's one club in the world Rafa knows in and out. I don't follow Italian football closely so I have no idea as to why they performed so badly. It still hasn't diminished what he did for us imo.

It's disappointing definitely, but there's one club in the world Rafa knows in and out. I don't follow Italian football closely so I have no idea as to why they performed so badly. It still hasn't diminished what he did for us imo.

a) they haven't performed 'so badly' - they're just far behind (like us) of the leaders
b) knowing a club inside out has nothing to do with how well he manages, the club plays etc ... Hoddle knows Spurs inside out, would he succeed there? Bad example cuz Hoddle isn't a great manager but you get the point.
c) His run at Napoli, or other clubs, does nothing whatsoever to diminish what he did with us ...
d) It seems the man himself struggling himself to regain his mojo as a manager ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom