• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

World Cup of the Damned

Status
Not open for further replies.
[article]Former Italy star Antonio Cassano has slammed Tottenham striker Richarlison despite his double for Brazil against Serbia.

One of Richarlison's goals made the headlines, after he performed an overhead kick to open the scoring for Brazil. Despite this, though, a former Italian player is not impressed with the ex-Everton star.

Cassano, who made 39 appearances for Italy, has hit out at Richarlison by claiming the former Blues star is “terrible" and was not impressed with his goal against Serbia .

"I am a person who never denies what he says, and after what I have seen I confirm that Richarlison is terrible," Cassano is quoted telling Bobo TV.

“The second goal? The reality is that he controlled the ball poorly and he got that kick, while the other goal went to an empty goal.

“He has nothing to do with the other forwards in Brazil."[/article]

[article]Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk has hit back at Dutch great Marco van Basten after Holland's 1-1 draw with Ecuador.

Van Basten blamed Van Dijk for Enner Valencia's goal and also questioned the defender's captaincy.

Van Dijk responded this morning stating: "He never says positive things.

"What do you want me to do? It's easy to talk from the studio.

"Am I failing as a captain? What do you want me to do with that information? I'm always direct and lead the team in the best way possible..."

[/article]

[article]Dutch great Marco van Basten has slammed Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk's leadership qualities.

Van Basten insists Van Dijk shouldn't be Holland's World Cup captain, responding the defender's claims that he is "always negative".

He said: "But he doesn't take charge, he doesn't arrange anything on the team, does he? He doesn't turn off the lines, does he not put people down? That is exactly what he does not do.

"He makes a noise, but he says nothing. That's what he does in the field. That's my opinion. That you say something in the dressing room or at dinner... The point is that he has to plot the lines in the field and directs. That is important. You have a captain's band for that. And I don't see that."[/article]

I can only seem to remember the moments of Messi magic occuring when the rest of his his team mates are a complete shit fest. :poop:

You always think Belgiun is such a great team with loads of great players, and then you see the Line up and, meeeeh.

Surely they can set up better than this.

Shackled by a shite manager.

In the past, international management was the pinnacle, these days it seems to be the place for the nearly men to strut their bland stuff.

Yeah, true. Martinez and Southgate, awful.

Am I the only one getting Zidane-vibes from Bellingham?

He looks amazing, could we get?

Look out, everybody, the Vikings are back!

"Quite possibly" and "yes" respectively would be my answers to your questions. Bellingham's an amazing prospect but he's some way yet from making me think of Zidane, who's one of the absolute greatest there's ever been, as well as being a very different type of player. However, I do think there's a chance Bellingham could be coming to LFC. Klopp's mustard keen on him and I have a theory that our more or less total failure to make any midfield signings last summer just might be a repeat of the Virgil situation, namely the owners saying "OK, you can have your dream signing when he becomes available but forget about anyone else meanwhile."

Put a fork in Belgium, they're done as a force. Look old, tired, and weak.

And the Morocco win puts even more pressure on Canada now. Need a win today really but I think Croatia will be far more difficult for us than Belgium was.

Am I the only one getting Zidane-vibes from Bellingham?

He looks amazing, could we get?

Not at all getting ZZ vibes, and not Gerrard either.
Will be a decent player, but not close to them.
Zidane is one of the best players ever. Did Denmark just legalise cannabis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom