• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

7:0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member

As shit as this season has been, it has produced one of the most enjoyable games in all my time as a fan. Do you remember how before the game the expectation was that this time United were going to finally win at Anfield, all the stars seemed to align for them. That made what happened feel so much sweeter. Not to mention the goals - absolute humiliation and perfection. This game is definitely worth a DVD.

Ten Hag's made a good start there but this game also exposed what a job he still has on his hands to get them back to the very top. They ended up where they did only because we weren't our best selves for too much of the season.

I genuinely can't decide if Ten Hag has done a good job or not. Considering how shite we were, we were close, and we absolutely dominated them.

I feel the carabao has masked a few things for them. I mean, he was bemoaning the lack of investment in a striker in Jan, after spending a stupid amount in the summer.

I genuinely can't decide if Ten Hag has done a good job or not. Considering how shite we were, we were close, and we absolutely dominated them.

I feel the carabao has masked a few things for them
Considering what’s come before him he’s done a great job.

I don't buy that. Someone hasn't done a great job because everyone else before them has mismanaged spectacularly. He's done an ok job for a team with a wage bill like theirs and with the money they've spent, but the jury should still be well and truly out.

I don't buy that. Someone hasn't done a great job because everyone else before them has mismanaged spectacularly. He's done an ok job for a team with a wage bill like theirs and with the money they've spent, but the jury should still be well and truly out.
Has he done any better than Solskjaer's first full season? Or Mourinho's for that matter?

Mourinho finished 2nd and won a European trophy.
I think he only wishes he had that season.

I'm more with @Fabio - it's tough to tell what kind of team they have here. I feel a lot of their issues in midfield were masked over by Casemiro, who's still a quite talented DM.
Varane & that short Argie lad formed a good CB pairing but they now have to replace their keeper (seems like De Gea is leaving) and find a striker to lead the line.

I feel the carabao has masked a few things for them. I mean, he was bemoaning the lack of investment in a striker in Jan, after spending a stupid amount in the summer.

Solskjaer had a better record then him in his first two seasons, so I think its been overstated about how good a job he's done.
They're still meh and its horrendous that they finished infront of us.

I think he's had a positive impact on there and has made in-roads in stamping out a poor culture that began to fester, tightened them up defensively and has rejuvenated the likes of Rashford. Given where they've been, their fans would have bitten their hand off to finish third (at our expense) and get to a cup final. He also managed to swing the Ronaldo saga to his benefit and increase his standing with the fans and his authority over the players.

In better news, their transfer strategy still remains pretty questionable. Casemiro has been a decent purchase, but blowing so much on Anthony and then going into the season relying on Ronaldo and then Weghorst (on loan) for goals was poor. How much of that is on Hag, and how much on their woeful operations team, I don't know, but given Anthony is Haag's former player he has to take some responsibility in signing off so much cash for him. He was never worth a dime over £50M, and that's been kind.

I think he's had a positive impact on there and has made in-roads in stamping out a poor culture that began to fester, tightened them up defensively and has rejuvenated the likes of Rashford. Given where they've been, their fans would have bitten their hand off to finish third (at our expense) and get to a cup final. He also managed to swing the Ronaldo saga to his benefit and increase his standing with the fans and his authority over the players.

In better news, their transfer strategy still remains pretty questionable. Casemiro has been a decent purchase, but blowing so much on Anthony and then going into the season relying on Ronaldo and then Weghorst (on loan) for goals was poor. How much of that is on Hag, and how much on their woeful operations team, I don't know, but given Anthony is Haag's former player he has to take some responsibility in signing off so much cash for him. He was never worth a dime over £50M, and that's been kind.

yea he could be the Houllier they need to get things back in line, might not necessarily be the man to win it all with them though.

I’d actually forgive the overspend on anthony given how scarce right sided forwards are atm, he does look a bit average though

His name could be a pub from the Harry Potter universe. "See you down the Ten Hags later, Harry?" Said Ron. "No" replied Harry, "The wife is complaining that I'm not spending enough time with the kids".

"Fucking crucio her lad and come gets the butterbeers in"

Has he done any better than Solskjaer's first full season? Or Mourinho's for that matter?
It’s clear his playing style, and approach are poles apart. You can see what he is building and he’s had instant success that feels and looks like a proper foundation unlike ole or Jose.

It’s clear his playing style, and approach are poles apart. You can see what he is building and he’s had instant success that feels and looks like a proper foundation unlike ole or Jose.

I still don't overly see what his style of play is meant to be. play from the back, and thats all i know. I don't overly know if thats a good thing or not. When he gets it wrong, it's very fucking wrong.

Yet he has a worse record than Ole and Mourinho won two trophies in his first year at Utd.

What is he building? Whats the foundation?

I still don't overly see what his style of play is meant to be. play from the back, and thats all i know. I don't overly know if thats a good thing or not. When he gets it wrong, it's very fucking wrong.
So did Klopp. So did Pep first season.

Ten Haag seems to have the right mentality and presence about him. Has handled a few situations very well. Whether that will translate to improved and, most importantly, sustained results for them remains to be seen.

But I'm more nervous about their resurgence than I was under Solskjaer or after seeing that Mourinho wasn't a good fit.

Ten Haag seems to have the right mentality and presence about him. Has handled a few situations very well. Whether that will translate to improved and, most importantly, sustained results for them remains to be seen.

But I'm more nervous about their resurgence than I was under Solskjaer or after seeing that Mourinho wasn't a good fit.
Exactly

i'm more nervous because 1. Solskjaer failed at every club, so it was obviously only going to last a very short time, and 2. We'd seen the mourinho downfall twice at Chelsea, and madrid, and inter, and it all followed the same pattern.

Ten Hag is more unknown, but i still don't believe he's going to do something overly special.

So did Klopp. So did Pep first season.

However with klopp and pep they had won decent things at previous clubs. Klopp had a style of play from minute one, just not the personnel. Pep has to train his team of automatons via a complex sequence of sleep deprivation, PEDs, and 6 months of sexual abuse of dogs. But we had seen that setup works. With ten hag and united not as much.

Add in the fact they were fucking HUMPED by about 6 different teams this year, makes me think that he's going to struggle

i'm more nervous because 1. Solskjaer failed at every club, so it was obviously only going to last a very short time, and 2. We'd seen the mourinho downfall twice at Chelsea, and madrid, and inter, and it all followed the same pattern.

Ten Hag is more unknown, but i still don't believe he's going to do something overly special.

However with klopp and pep they had won decent things at previous clubs. Klopp had a style of play from minute one, just not the personnel. Pep has to train his team of automatons via a complex sequence of sleep deprivation, PEDs, and 6 months of sexual abuse of dogs. But we had seen that setup works. With ten hag and united not as much.

Add in the fact they were fucking HUMPED by about 6 different teams this year, makes me think that he's going to struggle
He’s won in Holland with Ajax. Yes they got humped but he’s weeding out the mentally weak or not fit for the style, see Maguire and De Gea. Neither good at playing out from the back.

He’s won in Holland with Ajax. Yes they got humped but he’s weeding out the mentally weak or not fit for the style, see Maguire and De Gea. Neither good at playing out from the back.

What sort of genius would you have to be to go into that club and get rid of those two. I don't know how he does it.

One of my favorite games ever. I have watched the 7-0 highlights more times than the CL final we won in Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom