• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Curtis Bellinhgam

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Last 6 starts:

Union SG (EL): assist
West Ham (CC): 2 goals, MOTM
Arsenal (EPL):
Newcastle (EPL): goal
Arsenal (FAC):
Fulham (CC): goal, MOTM

Adding his assist in a cameo vs Crystal Palace on December 9th, 6 out of his 7 total goal contributions in all competitions for the season happened in the last month.

All in all, Curtis looks to have more than regained the momentum that was curtailed with the unfortunate red card vs Spurs and subsequent injury. In fact in the last month he is producing at a clip that we were hoping to see from Szoboszlai (who currently has the exact same number of goal contributions as Curtis - 4 goals and 3 assists - despite playing around 600 minutes more of football). If he could, somehow, be able to sustain that level of production over the next few months, this would be Bellingham territory. And even if he drops off this pace, which is more than likely, he does a lot of useful things on the pitch besides scoring or assisting.

In short, is it finally time to take Curtis seriously? In this form he has to be one of the first names of the teamsheet.

Last edited:
[article]
The Scouser was asked about his breakthrough over the last 12 months in a post-match interview with Sky Sports and said it was ultimately about game time.
"I came all the way through the academy so it [scoring] means more," he said. "I've been around the team since I was 17 and the journey has been up and down.
"It has not always been easy but I've always stuck in there, my mindset is right, I know I have the ability and I just need the game time."
Jurgen Klopp was naturally asked about Jones's display afterwards, too, and told the BBC that he'd heard part of his player's interview - the part where he was still requesting more game time.
"Curtis [Jones] is super, super, super important to us and he knows that," said Klopp. "Coincidentally, I heard his interview and the only thing to break through was 'I need more game time'. *laughs* I love that!
"So sorry Curtis that I didn't give you more game time earlier."

Jones, of course, is currently getting more game time than he's ever had - but he still wants more! And he might just get it with how Klopp was talking about him.
"He has made big steps," said Klopp. "He looked like the fittest player on the whole pitch. He got a knock, I think a dead leg, he went down, but then a second later he turned around and scored.
"A good footballer, very, very good - he always was... but using these skills, he is now for me, for him for everybody thank god, doing it consistently. That is really cool. He made big steps in defensive things, which gives him a better feeling for the game. Then all of a sudden he can show his quality more.
"It is a joy to have the boy around because he has this natural scouse confidence and it is really cool."

[/article]

He's been getting taken seriously since his form at the back end of last year. Niggling injuries aside, Jones has been in fantastic form for the last six months now to the point where it's not just a purple patch. He's always had talent on the ball, however, his ability and drive to knuckle down and infinitely improve his work off the ball is a credit to him and all involved in the process. Rotation aside it's hard to see how anyone can come in and do much more than what Jones is currently offering. There'll be dips and drop offs but for now, he's first choice.

In spite of the millions spent on the midfield in the summer; yeah, he probably should be first name on there at the moment. He dynamic, strong, and wants to succeed. He's picked up from where szobs tiredness started. I love it

It's great, and his performances will push our others to up their game too which is only a good thing. Love to see it.

His goal (even through deflected) came from a lovely hit shot with his left foot which is good two-footedness to see.

Klopp has considered him first XI this season when fit. This is exactly what we need, several good midfielders at the right age ready to step in at any sign of injury or loss of form.

It’s funny, i really like Mac and when he first arrived i was concerned we’d run him into the ground. But if endo were here right now it might be a choice between Mac and Szob for the 3rd midfield spot and he’d probably lose with it being the right sided role.

I would love to see us trying Endo, Mac & Jones, could be a lovely balance.

Last 6 starts:

Union SG (EL): assist
West Ham (CC): 2 goals, MOTM
Arsenal (EPL):
Newcastle (EPL): goal
Arsenal (FAC):
Fulham (CC): goal, MOTM

Adding his assist in a cameo vs Crystal Palace on December 9th, 6 out of his 7 total goal contributions in all competitions for the season happened in the last month.

All in all, Curtis looks to have more than regained the momentum that was curtailed with the unfortunate red card vs Spurs and subsequent injury. In fact in the last month he is producing at a clip that we were hoping to see from Szoboszlai (who currently has the exact same number of goal contributions as Curtis - 4 goals and 3 assists - despite playing around 600 minutes more of football). If he could, somehow, be able to sustain that level of production over the next few months, this would be Bellingham territory. And even if he drops off this pace, which is more than likely, he does a lot of useful things on the pitch besides scoring or assisting.

In short, is it finally time to take Curtis seriously? In this form he has to be one of the first names of the teamsheet.
Wasn't he also MotM vs Arsenal? Or was that Konate but he was like 2nd or 3rd? Too long ago for my memory (or not long enough).,

I'm made up to see him doing so well, even if he's only capable of this for a run of games occasionally, it's saved us a wedge in transfer fees and it's what having a good squad is all about. That probably sounds a bit harsh on him, it's just that there's a long way to go for him to become a confirmed ever present. But the signs are good, he's had a brilliant run and he'd hinted at that occasionally last season too.

Someone seems to have had a word with him about dwelling on the ball too long, it's forced him to make decisions quicker and helped reveal his instincts to been good.

Always thought he was great. Got that physicality and bit of athleticism you need in a midfielder. Plus a team can never really have too many locals driving it on.

Also, I think people need to get used to players taking an extra few years to really break through now, given the really very high standard in the PL. Hardly any 18/19 year olds are good enough now - 21 or 22 is probably a better time to start judging youngsters.

As Klopp said, he sets the tempo of our pressing. And right now, that tempo has been pretty high and full of energy. The Newcastle game was one of the best I remember in the last 12 months, and they're a very good side.

Long may it continue.

Hi, why is it everytime that Curtis does well and is the star of the game that this site either goes down or needs maintenance ? Curtis is doing magniciantly well, he has to get through injuries, Klopp missuse of his talent, scoucers that dont like their own to show any degree of over confidence, and websites that deliberately shut down when he is playing well to prevent his fans from praising him on public forums. Belligham has not had to contend with any of that shit !!!

Hi, why is it everytime that Curtis does well and is the star of the game that this site either goes down or needs maintenance ? Curtis is doing magniciantly well, he has to get through injuries, Klopp missuse of his talent, scoucers that dont like their own to show any degree of over confidence, and websites that deliberately shut down when he is playing well to prevent his fans from praising him on public forums. Belligham has not had to contend with any of that shit !!!

Because Curtis has the same IP address as @6TimesaRed

@rurikbird its a false comparison when comparing Bellers to CJ, Bellers has achieved his reputation playing in Spanish and German leagues, in the best teams or at least one of the best teams in respective league. No way he finds it as easy in the PL.

It’s almost as if, if we bring through young players, have a bit of patience, nurture them and give them game time, they’ll turn out to be quite good and we don’t have to spend gazillions buying new players every 15 minutes.

It’s almost as if, if we bring through young players, have a bit of patience, nurture them and give them game time, they’ll turn out to be quite good and we don’t have to spend gazillions buying new players every 15 minutes.
Agree, but this guy is generational in every aspect. Real Madrid will try and take him at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom