• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Arsenal (A) - FA Cup - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaysis, what a win. I said to my mate Dave, I thought we'd win a cheeky 1-0. We can do this.

Great defensive performance. Lovely to see the young lads in the mix. Lovely to see Jota showing us again, what we are missing in Diaz and Nunez (end product). Diaz progressing slowly but improving. Nunez just ain't a goalscorer, and now his confidence is shot. Love the guy, but we have to alter our expectations. Let's go easy on the lad.

Great subs. Martinelli was skinning TTA, and he hits the bar again?

Great confidence booster for our trip to Emirates next month

Last edited:
Actually managed to watch a game for once, so in the spirit of trying to post more, thoughts on the game and team;

arsenal are a good side and probably deserved more out of the first half, but arsenal doing arsenal things like they have been since wenger days. Looking for the perfect goal, over complicating it and not just hitting it.

players who impressed;
  • obviously Konate. Beast of a performance.
  • quansah, just looked so calm and kept playing, can’t remember a glaring mistake in the whole game
  • elliott started well then dropped off, which meant I thought Jones really stepped up
  • bradley off the bench was outstanding
  • as was Jota
  • sorry easy to forget Ali, because he does it every week, but just a phenomenon
less impressive
  • Nunez, meh
  • Gakpo, not sure he’s showing much yet
its the FA Cup, not the premier league, but still a statement win, whilst missing some real quality players and Arsenal were pretty much full strength

back to lurking for a while

Get in!

Still think we're wasting Mac Alister in that position unless he's paired with a more defensively-aware partner. I seriously though Arsenal was going to run away with it in the first 15 minutes but, as we well know from own experience, if'n you don't take your chances, you run the risk of letting the other side into the match. Once we weathered the storm, we gave a defensive and goal-keeping masterclass and looked dangerous in front of goal. We still need our attackers to be more composed by I liked Nuñez from out wide.

I thought youngsters who came on as substitutes were excellent with Bradley basically neutering Martinelli.

Can I just say that right back kid that came on, cant tell which one as being a racist they all look the same to me ... thought he was brilliant the way he handled Martinelli, and had him in his pocket within minutes, faced him straight on and not sideways, I think we should start him !!!

The Daily Mail is rather despondent. Blimey, that outlet really dislikes Liverpool Football Club, doesn't it?

Can I just say that right back kid that came on, cant tell which one as being a racist they all look the same to me ... thought he was brilliant the way he handled Martinelli, and had him in his pocket within minutes, faced him straight on and not sideways, I think we should start him !!!

Conor Bradley?

94e6e124-5115-46e7-8ae2-fd9e9cae6181.jpg

:D

Maybe the real reason you can't tell who any of them are is because you haven't seen any of them long enough/enough times to put a name to face.

After Wednesday, I think Bradley should get a loan to a championship club.

Jaysis, what a win. I said to my mate Dave, I thought we'd win a cheeky 1-0. We can do this.

Great defensive performance. Lovely to see the young lads in the mix. Lovely to see Jota showing us again, what we are missing in Diaz and Nunez (end product). Diaz progressing slowly but improving. Nunez just ain't a goalscorer, and now his confidence is shot. Love the guy, but we have to alter our expectations. Let's go easy on the lad.

Great subs. Martinelli was skinning TTA, and he hits the bar again?

Great confidence booster for our trip to Emirates next month

Dave?

As in, Dave, you know Dave?

RIP Oncy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom