• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look guys when your heads calm down, think of it as Chelsea doing us a favour on both accounts of Caicedo, and Lavia.
  • Caicedo - yes seems perfect but still a massive risk, and to be honest he ain't a 100% DM is he really ? - we just wanted to pay the premium to babysit TAA's position.
  • Lavia - a 19 year old for a DM position at £60M ? - FUCK RIGHT OFF. I know many think he has a really high ceiling, but judging by the stats comparing him to Badger - there is not much in it between them both so what's the fucking point ?
If you feel the club has humiliated itself - then take it with pride, as I actually believe that Chelsea have overspent by a huge amount on an overhyped DM in Caicedo, and a 19 year old baby, who maybe good, but may also be out of control due to his supreme beliefs in his own ability, and ego. And besides they have every right to reject us if they want more money. Take the humiliation with pride because its money well saved to spend on more experienced players.

Now - if we don't sign a DM before the Newcastle game - we are then fundamentally FUCKED, and FSG Out is a valid option no matter what Top Reds will try and tell you.

Whilst I also think Chelsea have paid way too much for both players, it is hard to take much comfort from that.

I think I would rather feel slightly ripped off than have money in the bank but not enough players. Especially when that money in the bank will probably never get mentioned again.

The notion that we're now buying a new right back and playing Trent as a defensive midfielder is mental illness

We should buy a right back though, one who can give him proper competition.
But we have other priorities first, Quite a few.

Reactions: dee
Unlike what Paul Joyce mentioned in his latest article, word coming from Jason Wilcox suggest we did bid and have an offer accepted.

[article]Speaking at the BBC Solent Fans’ Forum event at St Mary’s on Tuesday evening, Wilcox, who was joined on the panel by Martin and CEO Phil Parsons, told supporters: “I think you know, it's well known that we've had some significant interest in Romeo, we've had an offer which we accepted from Liverpool.

“Then Chelsea came to the table. So we're currently in negotiation with Chelsea now so it's a real tricky period for Romeo. But I'm confident that something will get done in the next week or so or in the next few days.

“And I think, you know, when we look at what Romeo's achieved here, I think every one of us here wouldn't want to lose him but the reality is, we're in the Championship and we need to reinvest and by buying Shea Charles, we've got another one who hopefully we can do the same with.

“So good luck to Romeo. Let's say it's not done yet. But we envisage in the next few days it will be completed.”[/article]

Look guys when your heads calm down, think of it as Chelsea doing us a favour on both accounts of Caicedo, and Lavia.
  • Caicedo - yes seems perfect but still a massive risk, and to be honest he ain't a 100% DM is he really ? - we just wanted to pay the premium to babysit TAA's position.
  • Lavia - a 19 year old for a DM position at £60M ? - FUCK RIGHT OFF. I know many think he has a really high ceiling, but judging by the stats comparing him to Badger - there is not much in it between them both so what's the fucking point ?
If you feel the club has humiliated itself - then take it with pride, as I actually believe that Chelsea have overspent by a huge amount on an overhyped DM in Caicedo, and a 19 year old baby, who maybe good, but may also be out of control due to his supreme beliefs in his own ability, and ego. And besides they have every right to reject us if they want more money. Take the humiliation with pride because its money well saved to spend on more experienced players.

Now - if we don't sign a DM before the Newcastle game - we are then fundamentally FUCKED, and FSG Out is a valid option no matter what Top Reds will try and tell you.

Who'd have thunk Moron would be the voice of reason on the site

Unlike what Paul Joyce mentioned in his latest article, word coming from Jason Wilcox suggest we did bid and have an offer accepted.

[article]Speaking at the BBC Solent Fans’ Forum event at St Mary’s on Tuesday evening, Wilcox, who was joined on the panel by Martin and CEO Phil Parsons, told supporters: “I think you know, it's well known that we've had some significant interest in Romeo, we've had an offer which we accepted from Liverpool.

“Then Chelsea came to the table. So we're currently in negotiation with Chelsea now so it's a real tricky period for Romeo. But I'm confident that something will get done in the next week or so or in the next few days.

“And I think, you know, when we look at what Romeo's achieved here, I think every one of us here wouldn't want to lose him but the reality is, we're in the Championship and we need to reinvest and by buying Shea Charles, we've got another one who hopefully we can do the same with.

“So good luck to Romeo. Let's say it's not done yet. But we envisage in the next few days it will be completed.”[/article]

Well course he's going to tell the fans we bid £60M. He's not going to admit that we walked away or left our previous offer on the table

Exactly, and fair pay to him; however he may have had his loonership revoked by now.

Yeah the last line in his post meant the looner membership isn't completely revoked.

Top Reds, FFS

Last edited by a moderator:
so, we did bid for lavia and it got accepted
well, well
cock up complete

it is also near impossible to compete with the contracts Chelsea hand out, both duration and wages.

Last edited:

[article]Multiple sources close to the Lavia transfer have expressed bemusement over the Anfield club’s tactics. It is understood that the 19-year-old was left feeling that he was Liverpool’s second choice after they bid for Caicedo, opening the door for Chelsea to make their move and convince Lavia to join their talented young squad.[/article]

[article]Lavia-Fernández-Caicedo: LFC, as triumphant Chelsea fans have been quick to note. The succession planning has accelerated and Chelsea are ready for the future. They think that Santos, a 19-year-old Brazilian, is going to be a star. Casadei, a 20-year-old Italian, did well during pre-season and will benefit from a year on loan at Leicester. Chukwuemeka, 19, has forced his way into Pochettino’s plans.[/article]

Last edited:

[article]Multiple sources close to the Lavia transfer have expressed bemusement over the Anfield club’s tactics. It is understood that the 19-year-old was left feeling that he was Liverpool’s second choice after they bid for Caicedo, opening the door for Chelsea to make their move and convince Lavia to join their talented young squad.[/article]

[article]Lavia-Fernández-Caicedo: LFC, as triumphant Chelsea fans have been quick to note. The succession planning has accelerated and Chelsea are ready for the future. They think that Santos, a 19-year-old Brazilian, is going to be a star. Casadei, a 20-year-old Italian, did well during pre-season and will benefit from a year on loan at Leicester. Chukwuemeka, 19, has forced his way into Pochettino’s plans.[/article]

So he's going to the club that signed the guy that made him feel like second choice? Guys got half a brain cell if that's true.

So he's going to the club that signed the guy that made him feel like second choice? Guys got half a brain cell if that's true.

Nope. Then he isn't very smart.

But he gets to be first choice reserve at Chelsea, bless.

Or the journo who wrote that fail to see the logical flaw.

Remember when Chamberlain chose us over Chelsea, and we all crowed about it for at least a season. Maybe these ones will end up the same way

Can't see it happening - two young players who will improve under a talented manager vs a talented injury prone player under a talented manager ...

If Chelsea are hell bent on paying him alot more wages than us, what can we do? It's always been the case.

At the end of the day, the player has got no loyalty either way, and selling the prospect of the "project" and hoping the player will come to us for less is just wishful thinking.

Money talks.

If Chelsea are hell bent on paying him alot more wages than us, what can we do? It's always been the case.

At the end of the day, the player has got no loyalty either way, and selling the prospect of the "project" and hoping the player will come to us for less is just wishful thinking.

Money talks.

He’s going be delighted he avoided playing in the League Cup with So’ton - he might actually get to start a couple of games for Chelsea instead of watching Enzo & Caciedo from the bench for 78 minutes on a good week.

Money talks.
We could have got the deal done weeks ago instead of pissing around. That's what we could have done.

We could have got the deal done weeks ago instead of pissing around. That's what we could have done.
I agree that's how we should have conducted our business. When a bigger payer comes around we have always folded. Now we get pundits saying are Liverpool no longer an attractive name etc etc. They seem to be saying that traditionally players have gone for less money because they have some affection to a club or what not, which is bullshit. Especially not at the wages clubs like chelsea et el are paying.

Can't see it happening - two young players who will improve under a talented manager vs a talented injury prone player under a talented manager ...
S01E02-tt8ZNjMQ-subtitled.jpg

Can we find the Lavia?

We should find our own arse first and pull the finger out and send that useless pissflap Schmadtke to hell.

I agree that's how we should have conducted our business. When a bigger payer comes around we have always folded. Now we get pundits saying are Liverpool no longer an attractive name etc etc. They seem to be saying that traditionally players have gone for less money because they have some affection to a club or what not, which is bullshit. Especially not at the wages clubs like chelsea et el are paying.

Playing in the CL would also have helped obviously.

What's so hard to understand?

Players come to us because Klopp makes them feel like they're a £100m player.

He tells a 19 year old kid that, then a month later all he sees is Liverpool haggling over a measly £4m, then the motherfuckers go and bid a whopping £111m for a guy two years older. Logs on to SCM and all these fans are crowing about how he was Klopp's smokescreen. 19 year old me would join Chelsea too.

19 year old me wouldn't have needed any of this. If they'd send a half decent lass with an impressive rack to negotiate I'd have signed for fucking Grimsby in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom