• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Can we find the Lavia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll go for Lavia because of the homegrown rules.

Hopefully we can get him for a decent fee too. The lad has v.good potential. He's currently better than our Stef imo, in terms of being physically ready for the PL.

I just cannot imagine us signing 4 midfielders in one transfer window. Will be difficult to integrate them all at the same time. So I think it’s one of Thuram or Lavia, not both.

I just cannot imagine us signing 4 midfielders in one transfer window. Will be difficult to integrate them all at the same time. So I think it’s one of Thuram or Lavia, not both.

There's merits to both signings, but one screams more like they're ready for the league right now. Personally, I'd want thuram

There's merits to both signings, but one screams more like they're ready for the league right now. Personally, I'd want thuram

Why? We're in more need for a number 6 than another number 8.

Lavia would be an excellent back up for Fab. If Fab gets injured, there's no guarantees that Stef B is ready to step up in that position. Lavia is more PL proven.

Thuram plays LCM, where we already have Thiago, Jones and Mac Allister.

I don't see it happening, I mean we already have Bajetic and he'll be home grown soon.

Having Bajcetic wont rule out signing Lavia. They can both play as a 6 and 8.
I’ve been hoping we sign Thuram but Lavia feels like the player with the biggest potential.

Why? We're in more need for a number 6 than another number 8.

Lavia would be an excellent back up for Fab. If Fab gets injured, there's no guarantees that Stef B is ready to step up in that position. Lavia is more PL proven.

Thuram plays LCM, where we already have Thiago, Jones and Mac Allister.

Thuram has played as a 6 as well, and has the right tools for the role. Lavia is exceptionally raw, so he's more a project player; we can't really afford a project at DM

Are we aware of a sneaky release clause or something because i can’t see us paying anywhere near 50, even our standard 35 seems high

Are we aware of a sneaky release clause or something because i can’t see us paying anywhere near 50, even our standard 35 seems high
Seemingly Man City have a £40m buyback clause but that only kicks in next season.

It’ll be decent value I guess
What, for £50m!?!? No chance. Ridiculous fee for a 19 year old that's played 1 season which he finished rock bottom with.

Hope we stay clear tbh, much better options out there.

I don't know much about Thuram or Lavia tbh, but we obviously need a DM rather than another progressive midfielder. So if that's not Thuram then it would have to be Lavia for me, even if he is pretty raw.

Surely above 25m and it's not even close to worth value. Not sure I understand this even if he's a good player

PS the thread needs a pun title for us to sign him

Seemingly Man City have a £40m buyback clause but that only kicks in next season.

If that was the fee now it just looks terrible value for a youngster with a small sample size of games in a relegated side. Might be a good deal for them next year

Thuram has played as a 6 as well, and has the right tools for the role. Lavia is exceptionally raw, so he's more a project player; we can't really afford a project at DM

None of his numbers indicate he's a 6. Intercepts ok, but is in the bottom percentile for tackles made/won.

Lavia and Kone are better 6s.

Playing Thuram at 6 is like playing Pogba at 6. Hell, even if you stretch it and say he's like a Vieira, well, Vieira was the 8 in the old 4-4-2, with Petit and Gilberto Silva being the sitting DMs.

Thuram can play as a 6, but I'd rather we signed an actual number 6, that can play as an 8.

Of the plethora of midfield names that continue to be linked, Southampton’s Roméo Lavia appears the most natural No 6 for there is surely no desperation for another advanced player in the engine room. [@_pauljoyce]

Liverpool are expected to make an offer for Roméo Lavia in the next weeks! Jürgen Klopp loves him and has told Lavia and his entourage that he wants the Belgian Red Devil to be part of their project for the 23/24 season. [@sachatavolieri]

Liverpool are expected to make an offer for Roméo Lavia in the next weeks! Jürgen Klopp loves him and has told Lavia and his entourage that he wants the Belgian Red Devil to be part of their project for the 23/24 season. [@sachatavolieri]

In the next weeks? Well, I call bull on this story then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom