• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Contracts Not Being Renewed : Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frogfish

Gone to Redcafe
News (Echo) saying Milner, Keita and Ox's contracts will not be renewed on expiration next Summer.

News (Echo) saying Milner, Keita and Ox's contracts will not be renewed on expiration next Summer.

proud-touched.gif

Sneaky from FSG to announce Keita and Ox's contract not being extended when the fans are distracted with the world cup. You know, preventing the riots which would have followed if this had been announced during the regular season.

Milner should move into coaching - has he obtained his UEFA Pro License yet?

Milner should move into coaching - has he obtained his UEFA Pro License yet?

But in an interview with Gulf News while out in Dubai during the mid-season break, Milner insisted he is not looking to hang up his boots just yet.
“I am taking my football coaching badges, but my only intention at present is to play football for as long as I can,” he explained.
“Us footballers are retired from football for a long time.”

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/02/james-milner-admits-coaching-plan-but-still-wants-to-play/

I want to see Milner renew, just to see how long he can keep going. By 2040, our new owners will probably clone him in order to uncover the secrets of immortality.

I want to see Milner renew, just to see how long he can keep going. By 2040, our new owners will probably clone him in order to uncover the secrets of immortality.
I'd always hoped they'd clone Gerrard first.

I'd always hoped they'd clone Gerrard first.

They’ e been successfully cloning Thiago - he’s died about 8 times since joining us.

Seems the Naby clones are as shit as the original.

Not buying all the Ox hate. I never wanted him here, was really annoyed by the signing, then he went and proved me completely wrong. Until that horrible injury against Roma he was a huge asset. I massive shame it happened but I'll always wish him every success. Keita can fuck off.

He still needs off the payroll and to be replaced. But, yes, I'm quite fond of him. His attitude and effort have never been in question and he's provided a few great memories along the way.

Not buying all the Ox hate. I never wanted him here, was really annoyed by the signing, then he went and proved me completely wrong. Until that horrible injury against Roma he was a huge asset. I massive shame it happened but I'll always wish him every success. Keita can fuck off.
I don't hate him I'd just like us to have a player in the squad who can contribute more. Will always have fond memories where he was great for a bit

I don't know how he could've proven anyone wrong. The major reason for not wanting him is that he was massively injury prone and he indeed turned out to be a waste of space for the majority of his time here. It doesn't matter that he is a super nice guy, looked good for a few months and banged in a couple big goals.

I don't hate the guy or wish him any ill. On the contrary, all the best to him and hope hecan maximize what's left of his career.

He was a fucking awful signing for us though.

Last edited:

Same here. Always recall one of my bluenose mates saying how surprised he was at how good he turned out to be for us, he was great in that first season or two, as you say that injury (and subsequent ones) ruined him. He's a good lad and loves the club, Keita just smacks of arrogance and ego, plus he's actually been a really poor signing both in terms of quality AND availability.

Milner I'll always love, he can stay as long as he wants.

I don't know how he could've proven anyone wrong. The major reason for not wanting him is that he was massively injury prone and he indeed turned out to be a waste of space for the majority of his time here. It doesn't matter that he is a super nice guy, looked good for a few months and banged in a couple big goals.

I don't hate the guy or wish him any ill. On the contrary, all the best to him and hope hecan maximize what's left of his career.

He was a fucking awful signing for us though.
Spot on

Takumi Minamino on Liverpool training:
“Salah and Mane were the two players who trained more than anyone. Thiago got lots of injuries but he was really professional, trying to avoid them by doing exercises I’ve never seen before.” [kyodo news via liverpool echo]
Minamino: “Milner was a real veteran but was fresher than anyone and led with his voice in training.”

100% Sean, Ox hasn't worked out but, he was mustard in that CL run in, properly offered some drive and threat from midfield that we needed and haven't had since. Keita is up there with our worst signings ever.

Considering where he's on this list, I think we should re-consider.

316048838_10158898086342826_2103505938474593008_n.jpg

Is that because he only hobbles off the bench when we’re winning 3-0 and is dead any time we might need him to play in a difficult game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom