• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve spent the day with my Dad who has really progressed dementia. My brother and sister couldn’t be arsed to be here and it’s’ been proper shit, but that was wonderful. What an amazing kid, and what a manager we have. Not just a great manager but a very special human being too.
Sorry your dad is suffering. He’s lucky to have you. And it’s good for us to care for our parents as they age. Merry Christmas!

Part of me wants to be cynical and say the club have jumped on an easy opportunity to get a nice wee feel good story out. And they did.

But it's great for the kid and his family.

Another other part of me had tears in the eyes.

Klopp really understands what it means to people. The escape people get from following a football club and his role in that. That he is so willing to engage with that does make it special. It isn't awkward, it's natural and feels normal. We are lucky and it's more than about winning things. It's about treating people well, treating people with respect and using the power we have to make a difference to people.

Can't believe some fans wanted him out last season

I would not give a shit if he left - I think he is a terrible manager when it comes to the damage he does to midfielders and their careers. Turns skilled individuals into workhorse donkeys, we are witnessing this with Szobo, and partially with Jones. You see it's all about German efficiency rather than Iberian and South American style with less effort and exhaustion. You will all cry about what he has done to get this team to win stuff, but the truth is - it's one of each trophy, and 2 major CL finals lost, and much of our limitations have come from him not addressing our midfield issues in the last few years - the style remained the same and only slightly adjusted by an injury prone player named Thiago - who has himself admitted that despite all his skills , he's learnt to run under Klopp. Look at Thiago now ? - he's in his footballing grave now.

I stated in another thread - I have no idea how we are where are at the top of the league looking a bit unsynced as a team, but the truth is - we create chances like we have never done before because of the new midfield talent we have, luckily all of them are natural ballers that can effectively beat opposition presses easily, and together with Klopp "running" they are managing.

I would not give a shit if he left - I think he is a terrible manager when it comes to the damage he does to midfielders and their careers. Turns skilled individuals into workhorse donkeys, we are witnessing this with Szobo, and partially with Jones. You see it's all about German efficiency rather than Iberian and South American style with less effort and exhaustion. You will all cry about what he has done to get this team to win stuff, but the truth is - it's one of each trophy, and 2 major CL finals lost, and much of our limitations have come from him not addressing our midfield issues in the last few years - the style remained the same and only slightly adjusted by an injury prone player named Thiago - who has himself admitted that despite all his skills , he's learnt to run under Klopp. Look at Thiago now ? - he's in his footballing grave now.

I stated in another thread - I have no idea how we are where are at the top of the league looking a bit unsynced as a team, but the truth is - we create chances like we have never done before because of the new midfield talent we have, luckily all of them are natural ballers that can effectively beat opposition presses easily, and together with Klopp "running" they are managing.
You clearly have forgotten 30 years of obscurity before him. I really couldn't give a fuck about what a players become, its what the team achieves. The shortcomings are more to do with the budget than Klopp, though he shoulders some blame. I also agree on the eye we're awful but data suggests we're very good when compared to our closest rivals.
You only have to look at Man U to see what poor appointments does to a club.

Last edited:
Its a valid thought, who would have thought Brendan Rodgers nearly got us a PL. I am not one to put all my hoped in Klopp, we have been let down on more than one occasion despite any of the excuses you make for him.

But yes I do appreciate him very much for what he has delivered for us thus far, I feeel he could have gotten us more by moving certain players on and not giving them long term contracts. Then again he is kind of inexperienced at that as there is no Bayern to take away players he loves despite their limitations. However, now that he has formulated a complete new midfield and lies at the top of the table by some miracle, he may from now realize that loyalty to the players should not be above what is best for the club. I was relieved when all the dead wood just left last season, that should have been a parade in itself as the seasons crowning, I mean he was never gonna move them on. Thank the Saudis that they took Henderson and Fabinho away from us.

Yes FSG sold Fabinho behind Klopp’s back, he had no say in it. Does anyone really believe that? The SL offered a fair price so we sold them, Klopp is loyal but he has been know to sell players. Not sure where this notion of us never moving on a player comes from, I get the odd case but Klopp builds on respect and loyalty and it most of the time it works.

Arguably our greatest ever manager. If it was not for the cheating cunts down the road I’ve zero doubt he’d have 4 or 5 league titles and a couple more CL’s and domestic cups and be talked about in the same way Paisley, Ferguson and Wenger are.
It’s a travesty City are allowed to exist and continue to rob titles.

Last edited:

Moron by name moron by nature. Sigh

I can't remember who questioned me on Klopp's salary, but here it is a quote from someone reputable rather than my guesses

I can't remember who questioned me on Klopp's salary, but here it is a quote from someone reputable rather than my guesses

Really ? Fucking hell, he needs to win more, as most of that salary is FSG hush money on tranfers or the need to buy players when we rrally need it, instead of investing in the players we need they probably give Klopp a 5M bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom