• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll lose, but I'm not arsed. Play the kids.
Unbeaten at Anfield for over 2.5 years and you think of all teams, this Everton side will come here and win?

The only way they beat us is if we put out the side that lost to Villa

Unbeaten at Anfield for over 2.5 years and you think of all teams, this Everton side will come here and win?

The only way they beat us is if we put out the side that lost to Villa
Let's not be stupid about it. If we play with the line ups some have suggested in this thread there's definitely a chance that we will lose. What I really don't want is a replay.

Ancelotti is shrewd enough to know what winning a derby will do for him - loads of breathing space, huge adulation, possibly a statue, etc. So I'm not convinced he'll rest his starting XI. I think he'll realise this is an incredibly good opportunity to get a win over the neighbours. It's a lousy time for us to have to play them at all, but playing them with a weakened team, no matter how sensible it is in terms of the league, makes it even more unwelcome. The only cause for optimism, for me, is that the side might be so unfamiliar to him it might just spoil his own tactical plan.

Would only rest like 5 players imo

Adrian
Trent Gomez Phillips Milner
Chirivella Lallana
Elliott Minamino Mane
ORIGI

Let's not be stupid about it. If we play with the line ups some have suggested in this thread there's definitely a chance that we will lose. What I really don't want is a replay.
I think they'd be good enough to get at least a draw, look how they played against Arsenal and that Arsenal side are much more talented than Everton.

I reckon a replay and then a narrow loss at Baadison with an even weaker side.

Using one game to try and make a point - excellent.
Watch games when they play together and you'll see why Mane is a better partner for Origi than Salah.

The biggest game of his and Salah’s career isn’t a bad example.

Good team and these are the players we should start. The first team needs a rest. Time for the youngest/ squad players to stake a claim / put themselves in the shop window for January. In particular we need a performance from Brewster

Straight in 100%

Rest everyone.

Adrian
Williams
Hoever
Phillips
Lacrous
Jones
Lallana
Elliot
Origi
Minimino
Brewster

What ever team we put out the blue shite will put a strong team out as they’ll want this trophy and this match will be their cup final.
It’ll be very tough if we leave most of our starting eleven.

I would say the definite starters are

Adrian
Elliott
Lallana
Jones
Origi

Good chance we’ll see Phillips too

The big decision is who to play as full backs

I wouldn't go crazy resting players personally. We can win the double this season, I'm fucked if I'm throwing that away for the sake of one game against fucking Everton.

Alisson
Hoever
Gomez
Van Dijk
Robertson
Lallana
Hendo
Minimino
Elliot
Origi
Mane
Robertson needs a rest, Milli Vanilli at LB

Just watched the pre match press conference and aside from all the injury updates and transfer stuff Klopp is really annoyed by the fixture schedule, especially the potential of a replay. He's really angry about how the FA are organising games. Mentions Newcastle losing 4 players in one game, Bournemouth suffering an incredible amount of injuries.
He's not wrong, something will have to be done about this and if the FA really wants England to win an international competition they have to make a change.
Make the league cup an U23 cup or something, scrap the 2 legged semi-final. Scrap FA cup replays.
All the big clubs want a change, I'm guessing the other clubs in the premier league aren't against it either. But why isn't anything happening?!

Also, Klopp all but confirmed that Adrian will start.

Just watched the pre match press conference and aside from all the injury updates and transfer stuff Klopp is really annoyed by the fixture schedule, especially the potential of a replay. He's really angry about how the FA are organising games. Mentions Newcastle losing 4 players in one game, Bournemouth suffering an incredible amount of injuries.
He's not wrong, something will have to be done about this and if the FA really wants England to win an international competition they have to make a change.
Make the league cup an U23 cup or something, scrap the 2 legged semi-final. Scrap FA cup replays.
Or reduce the Premier league to eighteen teams

That's a great idea, but I think it's going to be harder to implement. I think only the Bundesliga have 18 teams.
It's probably a topic that deserves it's own thread rather than derailing this one.

All the big clubs want a change, I'm guessing the other clubs in the premier league aren't against it either. But why isn't anything happening?!

Also, Klopp all but confirmed that Adrian will start.
In answer to your last question....its because we the supporting public love all the winter footy.

I really really hope Shaq is back for this one. Not only does it give someone a rest (or allow us to use on of the front three for a more intense 30 mins at the end if needed) but I felt he was one of the standouts in the last game and had the number of most of the Ev players.

I really really hope Shaq is back for this one. Not only does it give someone a rest (or allow us to use on of the front three for a more intense 30 mins at the end if needed) but I felt he was one of the standouts in the last game and had the number of most of the Ev players.
Bad news. Klopp said..............

“Shaqiri looks good; in a good way, will not be available for [Sunday] but looks good.

Bad news. Klopp said..............

“Shaqiri looks good; in a good way, will not be available for [Sunday] but looks good.

It’s a shame but Shaq is looking like another one who can’t be relied upon to stay fit

It’s a shame but Shaq is looking like another one who can’t be relied upon to stay fit
It's always a muscle injury. He has too much muscle mass. I think that's the root of his injury problems. He needs to get leaner if he wants to prolong his career. Aguero with his massive legs is having the same problems.

It's always a muscle injury. He has too much muscle mass. I think that's the root of his injury problems. He needs to get leaner if he wants to prolong his career. Aguero with his massive legs is having the same problems.
Hasn't done Adama any harm?

Good, hopefully that means the league cup team against villa makes a comeback

We've got six day after this match, we had 4 days before it, yes it's been a tough fixture schedule, but why is it this one that everyone's worried about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom