• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton game

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got six day after this match, we had 4 days before it, yes it's been a tough fixture schedule, but why is it this one that everyone's worried about?

I think everyone is worried about the cumulative effect of playing so many games since the beginning of December. We have started to see the effect of tiredness on some of the players. At some point, six seven day break may not be enough. A player might need like a good 10-12 days to recover.

I'd play our ladies in this one if allowed... Have never cared less about the outcome of a derby.

All of the hypocrisy online about us disrespecting these cup competitions... Do sod off - If we only won the League Cup and FA Cups, those same complainants would be reveling in our much we've underachieved in not winning the bigger tournaments. This game, and any other FA Cup games we're part of from here until the end of the season, is the least important match that we'll play for the rest of the season

The only result I truly care about is several rested players and no more injuries...

I’m not sure Allison needs a rest - but I also don’t care if he plays or not.

Essential that Robertson & Trent get a rest - so Hoever & whoever at full backs please.

Big Virg plays most games like he’s reclining on a sofa in his slippers - so I’d be tempted to start him - Gomez too - the more they play together the better.

Milner & Lallana simply must start in midfield- Gini & Hendo can have a rest.

I’d like to see Curtis Jones given a run.

Up front - rest Mane, Salah & Bobby - Massive Divock has to start - Elliot & Brewster should play - I doubt Mini-Me is ready - but if he is - he plays instead Brewster probably.

Have a strong bench - if we need to go for it after 65th minute - Trent, Hendo, Mane.

I do want to win this though - keep the momentum going.

I wouldn't go crazy resting players personally. We can win the double this season, I'm fucked if I'm throwing that away for the sake of one game against fucking Everton.

Alisson
Hoever
Gomez
Van Dijk
Robertson
Lallana
Hendo
Minimino
Elliot
Origi
Mane
Yep I’m all for this. We are in a very strong position in the league - so much so that the thought of binning off the FA Cup seems very small time to me. Go strong as possible, based on the fitness data from the players. To throw a B team on is fucking bullshit.

I won't be bother win or lose this FA Cup tie, 20 years record or not. Just send in the youngsters with some older ones who had not played much this season, let them play out of their skin. Good experience.

Rest TAA, VVD, Robbo, Henderson, Gini, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Play Adrian or Allison, Gomes, Lallana, Shaq (if fit), Milner, Minamino and throw in the youngsters for the rest. This team should take out Everton! Edit: I forgot.. Unleash the Divock!!!

We've got six day after this match, we had 4 days before it, yes it's been a tough fixture schedule, but why is it this one that everyone's worried about?

We’ve had 3 days not 4 and it’s the last of the hectic schedule so makes sense that it’s the most likely for injuries.

I'm just concerned about Spurs, but Everton will be good for a laugh.

If we are going to lose, we best be losing with our kids on the pitch, and no injuries. Have fun, Rhian Brewster...

I’m not sure Allison needs a rest - but I also don’t care if he plays or not.

Essential that Robertson & Trent get a rest - so Hoever & whoever at full backs please.

Big Virg plays most games like he’s reclining on a sofa in his slippers - so I’d be tempted to start him - Gomez too - the more they play together the better.

Milner & Lallana simply must start in midfield- Gini & Hendo can have a rest.

I’d like to see Curtis Jones given a run.

Up front - rest Mane, Salah & Bobby - Massive Divock has to start - Elliot & Brewster should play - I doubt Mini-Me is ready - but if he is - he plays instead Brewster probably.

Have a strong bench - if we need to go for it after 65th minute - Trent, Hendo, Mane.

I do want to win this though - keep the momentum going.

I would be happy to rest Firmino as he's been poor most of the season anyway, and was horrific against Sheffield United.

But I wouldn't make wholesale changes, injuries notwithstanding.

The idea of playing the likes of Adrian. Jones, Brewster, Elliot and that spastic Van DerBerg is too awful to contemplate; we will get fucked, because while Jones and Elliot have promise, they can't do it surrounded by mediocre players like Brewster and the Ginger Iceberg.

If you think the Bitters are going to rest players for this game, you are fucking retarded
Yeah, Everton are going to look at this game as a potential "motivator", the moment their season turned around or whatever...
Ancelotti and his players will do their utmost to break their Anfield hoodoo.

Van der Berg isn't going to be anywhere close to the first team for a long while.

He won’t play for us again.
Bold statement. I mean he's still young, but it's worrying to see Neco and Hoever being selected ahead of him.
Also, I really don't like his attitude. Stam warned us about it, that he was too laid back didn't seem bothered.

Bold statement. I mean he's still young, but it's worrying to see Neco and Hoever being selected ahead of him.
Also, I really don't like his attitude. Stam warned us about it, that he was too laid back didn't seem bothered.

He is slow and look at all our main signings over the past few years. They are all quick. Even those who have come up aren’t exactly slow like tent and Gomez.

The ginger iceberg seems correct. He won’t get quicker.

He is slow and look at all our main signings over the past few years. They are all quick. Even those who have come up aren’t exactly slow like tent and Gomez.

The ginger iceberg seems correct. He won’t get quicker.
True, he is slow.

He will get quicker as he gets older but he’d need some huge trajectory of improvement to get to the required level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom