• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Give it me ‘Arda

Status
Not open for further replies.

binomial

In Klopp I'm a believer.
18 years old, how’s this for a generational talent!! £15m release clause, bring him home I say!!!

At that release clause, and that talent, it's pretty much his choice which club to join.

I'd go for Real, Dortmund or Brighton if I were him. Or one of the Dutch teams.

There's loads of youth talent we should be coveting but the club will not spend £15-20m because it doesn't believe in spending that much on young talent. It would rather spend few hundred thousands to under £5m and hope it can flip them double or tipple what they paid.. often they're just released.
Hopefully when we get a permanent Sporting Director, we can get a better your recruitment policy

You know, it's not as if these kids are unknowns that Liverpool can sign just by pressing the "WANT" button....

Seriously...why aren't we signing this kid?
I mean, he kinda makes Elliott look...meh...

I think we WANT to sign this kid. As does Barca, PSG, Newcastle, Arsenal, Brighton, PSV, Man Utd.....

I'm not sure he wants to join us.
Maybe it's about who wants him 'Arda?

If he’s wanted by all these big clubs, how come none have activated his release clause?

Because it's a pittance to these clubs. They probably want to get their main targets and wait to see if anyone pulls the trigger. There will probably be a scramble for him in about 6 weeks, when everyone has mostly done their business

I mean, he kinda makes Elliott look...meh...

I like Elliot and would love for him to succeed but a ruthless part of me feels like he's taking one the few "talented kid" spots we have and we really need an elite kids with a clear path in front of them in those kinda spots that can come in and really help us rather than wishy washy projects. Harsh but given the way our squad (re)building is going, maybe not so much.

Because it's a pittance to these clubs. They probably want to get their main targets and wait to see if anyone pulls the trigger. There will probably be a scramble for him in about 6 weeks, when everyone has mostly done their business
Dunno, I really doubt they’ll be that many in for him, 2 or 3 maybe. Certainly not every top European club. It’s long overdue we signed someone with the name Arda. He’s a Turkish sensational delight.

I like Elliot and would love for him to succeed but a ruthless part of me feels like he's taking one the few "talented kid" spots we have and we really need an elite kids with a clear path in front of them in those kinda spots that can come in and really help us rather than wishy washy projects. Harsh but given the way our squad (re)building is going, maybe not so much.

Like Trent once upon a time...
It's a different tier of talent that we need to have at a club of LFC's stature.

Maybe we could snap him up now, loan him straight back to Fener for the season or half a season just to get in their good books.

I’m with @Modo on this. Happy to be proven wrong but rarely do these wonderkids pan out. I bet Fabio Carvalho has a YouTube highlights video as good as that somewhere.

when we’re penny pinching £15m is a lot

I’m with @Modo on this. Happy to be proven wrong but rarely do these wonderkids pan out. I bet Fabio Carvalho has a YouTube highlights video as good as that somewhere.

Agreed, I've been fooled before.

£15m we'd be able to get back easily, for 18 years old he's worth the punt....doesn't even need to be registered & with the new rule now we can sign up to 4 players without the need of permit, this should be the start.. Carvalho might not be a Liverpool superstar but he has the talent to be that elsewhere, plus we're gonna profit from him.

I get it, it’s just 50p but we’ve only got a fiver in our pocket and we need nappies and bread. There’s nothing to spare for a Turkish delight.

We're never smart enough
Selling Cou for what we could get and choosing to use the money not on a direct replacement but vastly improve other areas of the pitch was smart.

Bringing forward the deal of Diaz to beat off Spurs was smart.

Identifying Gakpo as a potential successor to Firmino long term before his value shot up was smart.

Offloading young/fringe players for crazy fees like with Ibe Solanke Ings Brewster Wilson Ward etc at the right time was smart.

It really depends where you wanna draw the line.

Selling Cou for what we could get and choosing to use the money not on a direct replacement but vastly improve other areas of the pitch was smart.

Bringing forward the deal of Diaz to beat off Spurs was smart.

Identifying Gakpo as a potential successor to Firmino long term before his value shot up was smart.

Offloading young/fringe players for crazy fees like with Ibe Solanke Ings Brewster Wilson Ward etc at the right time was smart.

It really depends where you wanna draw the line.

countinho sale was a long time ago, and it was daft money.

Diaz - is that smart? or is it us just being forced to act?
Gakpo has played across the front 3, so yeah, i'll give klopp credit in particular for identifying that.
The fringe players thing we just don't seem to do any more. Either we don't give players a breakthrough and sell them for 500k, or we hold on to them for too long and they atrophy.

We were very proactive and intelligent early doors, but it seems like since we won the league, we've just become so passive.

Coutinho sale wasn't THAT long ago, still happened on FSG's & Klopp's watch.

But do agree we need to find why it is we can't seem to offload players in the last few years, too many have left for nothing when there was money to be taken. Can, Gini, Origi, Ox, Naby.....looks increasingly likely Thiago & Matip will follow.

But do agree we need to find why it is we can't seem to offload players in the last few years, too many have left for nothing when there was money to be taken. Can, Gini, Origi, Ox, Naby.....looks increasingly likely Thiago & Matip will follow.

You mean Thiago, Matip, Hendo, Alisson, Van Dijk & Mo will follow on frees..

It was 5 and a half years ago. Thats a decent spell of time since the last time we arguably did anything smart

the only other thing i would say is maybe the Jota deal was smart; insofar as to how it was structured. But based on his injury record i dunno if it'll be seen as smart in 2 or so years time when he inevitably leaves for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom