• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Summer Clear Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then FSG need to go.

If they and the board don't want to do the work....then what the fuck are they here for?

LFC isn't a game. I don't think the fans are gonna accept another 4-5 years out the CL like before....do you?

Chelsea went on a mad spending spree bringing in loads of players - how’d that work out.

There’s this presumption that we have to constantly sign stacks of players and sell everyone all the time.

It’s bollocks and it rarely works and usually makes things worse.

You can cry about not getting new owners as well - but since when did getting new owners guarantee success as well.

A shit season and we only just missed out on CL - couple of smart signings, a bit of luck with injuries and a couple of players stepping up their game and we’re back in there.

Chelsea went on a mad spending spree bringing in loads of players - how’d that work out.

There’s this presumption that we have to constantly sign stacks of players and sell everyone all the time.

It’s bollocks and it rarely works and usually makes things worse.

You can cry about not getting new owners as well - but since when did getting new owners guarantee success as well.

A shit season and we only just missed out on CL - couple of smart signings, a bit of luck with injuries and a couple of players stepping up their game and we’re back in there.

What's the Chelsea spree got to do with us? Nothing. They aimlessly sign a bunch of players because they have the money to.....with the right manager which they may now have, they'll be up there next season.

We need change....big changes because if one things guaranteed and we continue the way we're going then those Roy days might not be too far away.

There is no debate to be had about it, if we keep Fab Hendo and Thiago then expect 6th and no trophies again.

Why not talk about Newcastle then if you're gonna bring Chelsea into it?

They got a new manager, signed about 6-7 players for 300m and went from 18th to 4th.

Henderson should stop playing for England he doesn't have the legs to play many games anymore. Milner was wise that's why he could prolong his career at club level.

Henderson should stop playing for England he doesn't have the legs to play many games anymore. Milner was wise that's why he could prolong his career at club level.

It helps but don't think that's the only reason, Milner is just a machine who looks after his body every second of every day.

Kelkeher fetches £20m on a good day
So does Gomez on a very good day
Fabs after last season - £30m would be generous
Thiago - £10m would be generous.
No-one’s paying anything for Hendo.

Mon a good day it’s £90m - but likely lower.

Meanwhile, the 5 you want are likely to cost closer to £250m.

Jones had a great last quarter - hope it continues - but he’s as injury prone as Thiago & Keita - so, there’s that.

Morton - can he make the step up or does he need another loan.

BadgerTits’s injury record isn’t great either - but yes he looked good - but let’s let the lad develop a bit.

Keep Hendo because - look if you don’t see the point of keeping the guy while we’re rebuilds midfield then I can’t help you. Does he need to play every game - no, and he won’t.

Thiago… meh… sell if anyone actually wants to buy him - feel like there won’t - so he can be another veteran to give experience.

We’re getting fuck all for those 2 and their experience is better utilised at the club while we bed in a couple of new midfielders.

Despite his season, I’d be reluctant to sell Fabs either - until we are sure we have a replacement - he’s got a few more years left - keep him and phase him out - sell and replace next year.

Fabs, BadgerTits, Hendo, Thiago, Jones, Harvey + 2 new midfielders with Carvalho & Morton going on loan.

A CB would be nice.

Sell Clarkson, Kelleher (if we need to), Phillips, Van den Berg and maybe Matip to fund it.

Continuity, new blood, development.. and we’ll be a better, stronger team without fucking ourselves over by culling over half the entire squad.

You just have to accept you can’t get all the shiny new things you want.

I know you have qualified your numbers using the "generous" term. But I feel like those numbers are actually way beyond generous. Not arguing with you, but making your point further.

Fabs is on 180k per week (rough estimate from google search) for another 3 years. No way any club offers us anything over 10 million and matches those wages.

Our best case scenario is break even. We release him on a free and hope some club agrees to take over his wages. But that never happens. So we will have to find a way to accommodate him in less important games and surround him with legs. He is still good enough for a slower league in my opinion but I don't see any obvious transfers happening because of his wages. Serie A clubs are broke and Juve have stopped handing out contracts to washed out players; France is producing top level DM every other month; La Liga outside of the big two don't have money. Unless someone like PSG have a brain fart, I think we are stuck with him till the end of his contract.

Gomez - 30m
Fab + Kelleher - 20m
Thiago + Hendo - 10m
Maybe 1 of Carvalho or Elliott for 20m too.

To say no one would pay over 10m for Fab is crazy. 29. Been a regular in a Liverpool side, regular for Brazil.

You don't get players like that for 10m.....even Fred & Mctominnay go for more than that. It's 2023 not 2003, this is how the market is.

Yes he's had a poor season & that comes into it.....Benteke had a poor season, Solanke had a poor season.....we still got 20-30m for these easily. Fab has a lot of admirers not only in England but Europe.

Dortmund would sign him, Monaco would sign him, Inter/Milan would sign him, Atleti would sign him.....4 or 5 clubs in England would love to have him.

Last edited:
To say no one would pay over 10m for Fab is crazy. 29. Been a regular in a Liverpool side, regular for Brazil.

You don't get players like that for 10m.....even Fred & Mctominnay go for more than that. It's 2023 not 2003, this is how the market is.

A minor point perhaps, but didn't you say earlier that we can buy a homegrown player for £10 million? If that player is worse than McTominnay or Fred then I'd rather just stick with what we have I think

Gomez - 30m
Fab + Kelleher - 20m
Thiago + Hendo - 10m
Maybe 1 of Carvalho or Elliott for 20m too.

Yes he's had a poor season & that comes into it.....Benteke had a poor season, Solanke had a poor season.....we still got 20-30m for these easily. Fab has a lot of admirers not only in England but Europe.

Dortmund would sign him, Monaco would sign him, Inter/Milan would sign him, Atleti would sign him.....4 or 5 clubs in England would love to have him.

Fabinho is not a regular for Brazil and is a regular for us only because other options stink. Outside of the transfer fee of 20 or 30 million, clubs will have to shell out 10 million per annum over three years to cover his wages - that is an outlay of 50-60 million for a midfielder who cannot run? Inter are broke. Why would Monaco sign him over the gazillion midfield talents sprouting in France. Atleti maybe. Dortmund also dont shell out large sums of money for transfers.

If he was in sub 100K wages, there would be a lot of suitors, but not at close to 200K for three years wages. I dont think you realize how shit our midfielders were last season. We had three who could have signed a contract with other clubs on Bosman last January and until now only the 38 year old James Milner has a contract offer and interest from other clubs. No movement for Keita and Ox even on a free.

The market is crazy, PL clubs will offer stupid money for players. Spurs I could see paying £30m for Fabs. Regardless, Fabs isn't for sale. Fabs will be the utility player playing in MF, CB and RB

A minor point perhaps, but didn't you say earlier that we can buy a homegrown player for £10 million? If that player is worse than McTominnay or Fred then I'd rather just stick with what we have I think
Only if we're desperate to add homegrown players (which I don't believe there is any need) then we can just sign any old geezer who's contract is expiring in 12 months.

Ben Brereton Diaz off to Villarreal on a free....hijack the move?

Get Ryan Kent back on a free, there's another homegrown player.

Lloyd Kelly at Bournemouth has 12 months left, he'd be available for around 10m this summer.....Adarabioyo at Fulham another 1, wouldn't ever be part of the XI but just to add to the homegrown.

Last edited:
Naby
Bobby
Melo
Are the overseas players leaving. So to get anymore we'd have to sell or release players. Adrian would have been the obvious one but Klopp has decided to keep him, so it's either Matip or Thiago or both. I really can't see Klopp looking to let anyone else go.

Fabinho is not a regular for Brazil and is a regular for us only because other options stink. Outside of the transfer fee of 20 or 30 million, clubs will have to shell out 10 million per annum over three years to cover his wages - that is an outlay of 50-60 million for a midfielder who cannot run? Inter are broke. Why would Monaco sign him over the gazillion midfield talents sprouting in France. Atleti maybe. Dortmund also dont shell out large sums of money for transfers.

If he was in sub 100K wages, there would be a lot of suitors, but not at close to 200K for three years wages. I dont think you realize how shit our midfielders were last season. We had three who could have signed a contract with other clubs on Bosman last January and until now only the 38 year old James Milner has a contract offer and interest from other clubs. No movement for Keita and Ox even on a free.

Whatever the reason, Klopp has stuck by him the whole season. During last years WC qualification he started 6 of the 8 games he was available for....he's sat out some friendlies but that goes for the full squad, they usually call up a very inexperienced squad for those games.

Long gone are the days when players earned 50k or less, top championship players earn this now. Monaco maybe looking to sign a familiar face with experience? Dortmund wouldn't have any issue spending 20m on Fab and covering his wages for 3 years, if we told him he wasn't part of our plans would he reject a move elsewhere for a pay cut?

We could also use him as makeweight to sign a target. Fabinho + 30m for Barella.

I mean there might be a universe where someone pays us £30m for Gomez or £10m for Hendo - but we don’t live in it.

We didn’t get much more than £25m for Sadio Mane.

The thing is, you only tend to make “stupid fees” on players that have been performing well, not generally ones that have had an iffy season and as for the mythical “cash + player deal’, that doesn’t happen that often.

@peekay made a good point - we pay too wages to avoid key players agitating for moves - but that also means, very few teams would offer the same salary and pay for the privilege.

Hendon is a prime example - Thiago, it’s likely only Barca would be stupid enough to offer a few and cover his wages.

It really is just poor fan fiction.

Only if we're desperate to add homegrown players (which I don't believe there is any need) then we can just sign any old geezer who's contract is expiring in 12 months.

Lloyd Kelly at Bournemouth has 12 months left, he'd be available for around 10m this summer.....Adarabioyo at Fulham another 1, wouldn't ever be part of the XI but just to add to the homegrown.

Bringing in Lloyd Kelly and selling Tsimikas would be a nice bit of business. I like the Greek, but we would generate enough of a fee to sign Robo’s potential homegrown replacement in coming years.

“Get Ryan Kent back..”

Whats’s tge point of signing players not to play just so as we can sell players who would play at least a part?

Bringing in Lloyd Kelly and selling Tsimikas would be a nice bit of business. I like the Greek, but we would generate enough of a fee to sign Robo’s potential homegrown replacement in coming years.
I wouldn't get rid of Tsimikas personally.

You don't get many quality back ups who are happy sitting on the bench most weeks.

“Get Ryan Kent back..”

Whats’s tge point of signing players not to play just so as we can sell players who would play at least a part?
Well maybe we could give him a few games in the cups.

These players time at the club are up, should we really be paying Hendo and Fab 350k a week to sit on the bench every week?

Take the money and build a stronger squad.....I don't understand this fascination to keep these players around, they've stunk the place up for the past 12-18 months.

Timing is everything and the time is now.

These players time at the club are up, should we really be paying Hendo and Fab 350k a week to sit on the bench every week?

Take the money and build a stronger squad.....I don't understand this fascination to keep these players around, they've stunk the place up for the past 12-18 months.

£350k a week for Fabs & Hendo to sit on the bench is better than £150k a week for Ryan Kent and some other sub standard player to sit on the bench.

Its’s not stickers your collecting to show off in a Panini album or a fantasy football team.

Hendo brings, leadership, experience, continuity, familiarity, etc

I repeat… no-one is paying us money to sign him, so we keep him for now as he is a better secondary offer than nothing.

Imagine we got rid of Hendo, Thiago, Jones, Fabs, etc and then signed 3-4 new midfielders that integrated as well as Nunez.

We’d be fucked.

So there are other clubs which are willing to pay Hendo and Fab 350K per week to sit on their bench every week and pay us 20-30 million for that?

So there are other clubs which are willing to pay Hendo and Fab 350K per week to sit on their bench every week and pay us 20-30 million for that?

There absolutely are!!!

We just need to find which branch of the multiverse it is and hope that Jorg the Schmadman has contacts there!!!

£350k a week for Fabs & Hendo to sit on the bench is better than £150k a week for Ryan Kent and some other sub standard player to sit on the bench.

Its’s not stickers your collecting to show off in a Panini album or a fantasy football team.

Hendo brings, leadership, experience, continuity, familiarity, etc

I repeat… no-one is paying us money to sign him, so we keep him for now as he is a better secondary offer than nothing.

Imagine we got rid of Hendo, Thiago, Jones, Fabs, etc and then signed 3-4 new midfielders that integrated as well as Nunez.

We’d be fucked.

Ryan Kent and Ryan Frasier on the wings? Sell Allison, replace him with Matt Ryan. Ryan O'Hare upfront?

Fire Klopp, replace him with Ryan Mason.

Imagine the savings in wages.

Ryan Kent and Ryan Frasier on the wings? Sell Allison, replace him with Matt Ryan. Ryan O'Hare upfront?

Fire Klopp, replace him with Ryan Mason.

Imagine the savings in wages.

Don’t forget squad of 19 and sell all the home grown players except for Trent and Harvey - we need them to blame for defensive deficiencies next season.

They’d start for a lot of clubs. Can see West Ham signing Hendo as a replacement for Rice for a few years, maybe he goes to Newcastle if Guimares leaves. Can see Roy at Palace taking him. Probably get into the Spurs side ahead of Skipp. Cooper I’m sure is an admirer of his, they’d be lots of clubs in the Prem after these guys.

They’d start for a lot of clubs. Can see West Ham signing Hendo as a replacement for Rice for a few years, maybe he goes to Newcastle if Guimares leaves. Can see Roy at Palace taking him. Probably get into the Spurs side ahead of Skipp. Cooper I’m sure is an admirer of his, they’d be lots of clubs in the Prem after these guys.
WTF. Hendo isn't even a remotely similar player to Rice, he couldn't tackle to save his life, let alone make penetrating dribbling runs deep into the opposition half and has the mobility and pace of a double-shelled snail.

Why would any team you've mentioned buy a 33 yo has-been in Hendo on high wages when they can go out and find a younger player 10 years younger with potential and sell-on value?

Hendo is done but will stay with us until he leaves when his contract expires.

Last edited:
WTF. Hendo isn't even a remotely similar player to Rice, he couldn't tackle to save his life, let alone make penetrating dribbling runs deep into the opposition half and has the mobility and pace of a double-shelled snail.

Why would any team you've mentioned buy a 33 yo has-been in Hendo on high wages when they can go out and find a younger player 10 years younger with potential and sell-on value?

Hendo is done but will stay with us until he leaves when his contract expires.

Not every player you replace will be like for like. Diaz isn't similar to Sadio, Thiago isn't similar to Gini, Ibou isn't similar to Lovren, Ali isn't similiar to Mignolet/Karius etc.

Hendo would start for West Ham if Rice left and he could help them push for a top 10 place next season.....that would already be £10m well spent + whatever wages he's be on....people bring up wages like it's this massive stumbling block, how much do you think these clubs pay their players? I can tell you it's not peanuts.

Dunno about starting regularly for any team next season. I love Hendo to bits, but I’m not sure if he has the legs anymore. I can see him staying with us, and maybe having a slightly different role in the middle of the park.

Not every player you replace will be like for like. Diaz isn't similar to Sadio, Thiago isn't similar to Gini, Ibou isn't similar to Lovren, Ali isn't similiar to Mignolet/Karius etc.

Hendo would start for West Ham if Rice left and he could help them push for a top 10 place next season.....that would already be £10m well spent + whatever wages he's be on....people bring up wages like it's this massive stumbling block, how much do you think these clubs pay their players? I can tell you it's not peanuts.

This is what happens when you deny reality & let your fantasies run wild.

Froggy is bang on.

It’s only the 1st of June and already the Loons are spiralling!!!

This is what happens when you deny reality & let your fantasies run wild.

Froggy is bang on.

It’s only the 1st of June and already the Loons are spiralling!!!

So give me 1 benefit keeping these old hags around for another year or 2 before they leave on a free?

Better yet let's fast forward to the summer of 2026......Klopp has left his post, Fab Hendo Thiago Matip all gone for nothing.

I also doubt Salah/VVD will be here....say they both leave for nothing as well then at the end of their contracts.

What are we left with?

Maybe Dortmund would take Hendo in part exchange for Bellingham? Have we tried that yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom